Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 12 March 2018

 

Present:   Vicky Higgins, Simon Wolf, Alan Dagger Trevor Wells,, David Pattison,

Apologies:  Anthea Brooks, Vanessa Barnes, Denis Pattison, Vicky Trundle

1.    The minutes of the meeting held on 12 Feb were agreed and signed.

JOBS

2.    Vandal damage to both coats needs to be repaired before painting.  FH requested cement. It needs to dry before it is painted.  Spring time.

3.    Guttering for shed roof.  Later.

4.    Sand at back of shed - spread it in the car park.

5.    Fix curb at entrance. 

6.    Install new rubbish bin.

7.    Replace outside socket, upgrade lighting the path to the clubhouse, fit new smoke detector, move CO alarm (all items have been acquired).                                                                        Action AD

8.    Jenny had proposed to update the furniture and had been asked to give some options with costs.  

9.    Matt’s large picnic table has been moved, but needs repainting.  Spring

10. Extend the clubhouse alarm to the shed, and a power supply.

11. Get the ride on mower fixed.                                                                                        Action FH

12. Bench near pedestrian gate has been moved to changing room to dry out. Michael Wainwright has very kindly volunteered to fix it.                                                                                   Action DP

Bar store

13. All redecorated and new cupboards fitted except:

Bar store (1250 wide)

a.    Wooden tables and chairs to be stored at end.

b.    New flooring – lino type on top of tiles.

c.    Stop tap eased.  But now drips when open!                                                 Action DP

d.    Hoover and other cleaning equipment to be stored at bar end.

e.    It was agreed to fit a plastic cap on the hole in the floor.                            Action FH

Old door area (900 wide)

f.     Heavy CC drink to remain.

g.    Plastic glasses now in Youth Club cupboard.

Thanks to Vicky, Frank and David.

Football  Nil

Finance:

14. Electricity meter reading was 28103, usage 116 units.  (heating used when painting etc).

15. 2017 auditor –Richard Blunden has been away                                                     Action DNP

Cricket Club 

16. CC have been asked to move the practice nets to the car park.

17. CC have asked for funding to improve security to the shed, which was agreed but not actioned.  DP to chase with 18 below.                                                                                         Action DP

18. It was agreed to send the amended CC agreement to Steve Phelps by E mail, also mentioning the nets.                                                                                                                          Action DP

Fund Raising

Bonus Club

Mnth

Winning No

Amnt

Winner 1

Winner 2

Oct

21

£20

Jane Elliott

Chris & Cathy Cudmore

Nov

57

£20

Vicki Trundle

Jane Llewellyn

Dec

52

£20

Paul Sherne

Tom & Sue Rodford

Jan

50

£20

Caroline and Mark Palmer

Nil

Feb

38

£30

Ian Phelps

Matt & Cathy Bennett

Mar

36

£20

Jane Llewellyn & Ben Cabot

Tony Gould

£20 was passed to DP to pay Tony Gould.

19. Whist  

ROTA

16 Feb

16 Mar

20 Apr

18 May

AD

VH

DP

AD

20. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.  Score cards? DP to top up wine stock.                                                                                                                                                Action DP

Fair  

21. Next Fair will be 16 June 2018.  No issues except bouncy castle will be unattended – AD to make sure insurance remains valid.                                                                                     Action AD

Health & Safety.

22. Wicksteed inspection.   

a.    Cradle swing chain.  Waiting for Wicksteed .                                               Action VH

b.    Tile gaps.  VH had 3 quotes for resurfacing.  Tiles to be cleaned at a working party on Sat 7 April at 10am, and re-laid in summer.                                                             Action ALL

c.    Trees over play area to be removed / trimmed  It was agreed to call a working party for 18 March to deal with several trees.  FH agreed to ask for some equipment.  Action FH/ ALL

23. Revisit the site hazard log, including adding the pump track.                               Action DP

24. Fire risk review.  DNP volunteered to assist.                                                            Action DP

Parish Council Issues

25. EXTENDED PLAY AREA  VH has asked for designs and quotes from various companies, no response yet.

26. Mowing.  The PC will cut the field every 2 weeks and the edges + ply area + pump track every 4 weeks.  RFMC will do other mowing as required.  VH will ask Matt to continue with the play area.                                                                                                                                               Action VH

The mowing of the meadow area needs to be amended as per DP’s e mail.

VH will ask the PC to schedule the mowing for midway between home matches                    `                                                                                                                                   Action VH

27. The PC have agreed to defer the £500 potential grant

28. The committee agreed that they would wish to be involved with the new land.

Regular Items

29. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Feb.                                                               Action VH

30. Emergency lighting, 2 smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked today.  CO detector is in wrong place!.  One smoke detector missing!  Electrical reading above.                      Action AD

31. Report for Parish Magazine – Whist, BC, AGM.                                                       Action DP

32. Review annual list of jobs. 

a.    Check fire extinguishers.   Both due for service March 18  2kg CO2 £33, 6l Foam £35.29 Cheaper to replace rather than service?  SW suggested combining with the school.                                                                                                                         Action DP

MARCH

b.    Check the first aid box. No plasters (again)                                                  Action DP

c.    Pay the rent - £1 to the Parish Council. Done (to SW in cash)

d.    Wash play area surfaces.  7 April

e.    Check torque on main bolts of swings frame twice per year (Frank)

Any Other Business

33. The boiler service resulted in a quote for £307 for replacing for a leaky gas valve.  Done and paid for.

34. It was agreed not to participate in the Equaliteas initiative.

Date of next meeting Mon 9 April at the Rec after the AGM at 7.30