Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 6 May 2018

Present:   Vicky Higgins, Simon Wolf, Denis Pattison, David Pattison,

Apologies:  Anthea Brooks, Vanessa Barnes, Alan Dagger, Vicky Trundle

1.    The minutes of the meeting held on 9 Apr were agreed and signed.

JOBS

2.    Shed. Repair vandal damage and paint. 

3.    Guttering for shed roof.  Later.

4.    Sand at back of shed - spread it in the car park.

5.    Fix curb at entrance.  DONE

6.    Install new rubbish bin.

7.    Replace outside socket, upgrade lighting the path to the clubhouse, fit new smoke detector, move CO alarm (all items have been acquired).                                                                        Action AD

8.    Matt’s large picnic table needs repainting. 

9.    Extend the clubhouse alarm to the shed, and a power supply.

10. Get the ride on mower fixed.                                                                                        Action FH

11. Bench near pedestrian gate.  Michael Wainwright has started fixing it at DP’s house. DP will put it back, further from the hedge.                                                                                      Action DP

12. Fit new shelf in kitchen                                                                                                Action DP

Bar store  - all done

Football  Nil

Finance:

13. Electricity meter reading was 28190, usage 40 units. 

14. VH passed DNP £25 whist money, a receipt for expenses and a donation from Rick Massey.

15. Richard Blunden Gift.  Done  He has offered to do again next year, even after they have moved from the village.

16. Coventry BS account.  Agreed to close it.                                                                 Action DP

Cricket Club 

17. CC have now moved the practice nets to the car park, paid the first of the annual fee, and signed the CC agreement.  Three issues outstanding:

a.    CC to provide a copy of their insurance

b.    CC to provide a copy of the licence

c.    CC to nominate a member for RFMC

18. CC have added an extra security feature to the new shed.  DP to get a key.

Fund Raising

Bonus Club

Mnth

Winning No

Amnt

Winner 1

Winner 2

Oct

21

£20

Jane Elliott

Chris & Cathy Cudmore

Nov

57

£20

Vicki Trundle

Jane Llewellyn

Dec

52

£20

Paul Sherne

Tom & Sue Rodford

Jan

50

£20

Caroline and Mark Palmer

Nil

Feb

38

£30

Ian Phelps

Matt & Cathy Bennett

Mar

36

£20

Jane Llewellyn & Ben Cabot

Tony Gould

Apr

13

£20

Dave & Barbara Turner

Mark Humphrey

May

41

£20

Mary & David Mears

Caroline & Mark Palmer

£20 each passed to DP and VH to pay them.

Tony Gould’s winnings be kept to pay for next year’s tickets. £20 kept by DP in his briefcase..

19. Whist  

ROTA

18 May

15 June

20 July

17 Aug

AD

None (Fair)

DP?

 

20. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.  Score cards? DP to top up wine stock.                                                                                                                                                Action DP

Fair  

21. Next Fair will be 16 June 2018.  Bouncy castle will be unattended – AD to make sure insurance remains valid.                                                                                                                 Action AD

22. The car parking field is available, but we need to get it cut (the area we use plus a track to the far gate).  Rick, Hans and Billy were mentioned as possibles.  VH to ask Rick first.                       Action VH

23. Pass amended price list to DNP (done)

24. VH has the rota in hand.  DP to ask Derek (done).  Try Apple Meadow people.

25. FH is getting bottled water from Marsha at Whitehole.                                           Action FH

26. We need more plastic glasses.  There was discussion about avoiding plastic, but it was agreed to stick with them.                                                                                                               Action VH

27. It was agreed to have recycling bins suitably labelled.                                           Action DNP

Health & Safety.

28. Wicksteed inspection.   

a.    Cradle swing chain.  Still waiting for Wicksteed .                                        Action VH

b.    Trees over play area to be removed / trimmed  To be re-arranged. FH agreed to ask for some equipment. 

29. Revisit the site hazard log, including adding the pump track.                               Action DP

30. Fire risk review.  DNP volunteered to assist.                                                            Action DP

Parish Council Issues

31. EXTENDED PLAY AREA  PC is still waiting for the money to come through from Mendip.  VH has asked for designs and quotes from various companies, no response yet.

32. Mowing.  Has started.  Details of meadow area to be confirmed. 

33. The CC are now cutting very often.  The last time the PC sponsored mower arrived the grass was too short to cut.  VH expressed concern about the lack of mowing of the edges, pimp track etc.  None was done in April, and only very little so far in May                                                         Action SW

Regular Items

34. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Apr.                                                               Action VH

35. Emergency lighting, 2 smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked today.  CO detector is in wrong place!.  One smoke detector missing!  Electrical reading above.                      Action AD

36. Report for Parish Magazine – Whist, BC, Clean up, fair.                                       Action DP

37. Review annual list of jobs. 

a.    Check fire extinguishers.   Both due for service March 18  2kg CO2 £33, 6l Foam £35.29 SW had got agreement from the school to combine with them.  We will need to take our extinguishers to the school.  Due in June. Exact date tba                  Action SW

MARCH

b.    Check torque on main bolts of swings frame twice per year (Frank)                    Action FH

APRIL

c.    Provide report to annual parish meeting in the hall.                                   Action VH

MAY

d.    Check propane cylinders and order replacements as necessary (get rid of empties at same time or you will get lumbered!).

e.    Teak oil benches. DP issue the list.                                                               Action DP

JUNE

f.     Fair!

Any Other Business

38. Rec clean up.  Pre-fair event will be on 3 June at 10am.  Publicity                     Action DP

39. LOMCA clubhouse hire 23/7.  Invoice sent out. 

40. FOLC is using the car park for the village open garden day on 20 May.  No charge.

 

Date of next meeting Mon 11 June at the Rec at 7.30