Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 20 August 2018

Present:   Vicky Higgins, Denis Pattison, David Pattison, Alan Dagger

Apologies:  Simon Wolf, Vanessa Barnes, Anthea Brooks, Vicky Trundle

1.    The minutes of the meeting held on 11 June were agreed and signed.

2.    AB is taking part in GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) briefings on behalf of the Recreation Field Committee and will therefore be the trained representative

JOBS

3.    Shed. Repair.  Vandal damage fixed by FH.  Some paint had been kindly donated by Chris Ingrem. 

4.    Guttering for shed roof.  Later.

5.    Install new rubbish bin.

6.    Matt’s large picnic table needs repainting. 

7.    Extend the clubhouse alarm to the shed, and a power supply.

8.    Get the ride on mower fixed.                                                                                        Action FH

9.    Bench near pedestrian gate.  Michael Wainwright has started fixing it at DP’s house. DP will put it back, further from the hedge.                                                                                      Action DP

10. New light switch for storeroom/kitchen                                                                      Action DP

11. The small goal has also been damaged by misuse.  It was decided to replace it.                                                                                                                                                        Action DP

Football  Nil

Finance:

12. Electricity meter reading was 28421, usage 173 units (high because of fair). 

13. VH passed DNP £32 whist money.

14. DP passed DNP, a receipt for expenses (teak oil).

15. DNP passed VH £80 for July and August Bonus Club prizes, £20 to DNP who had won, £20 to DP to pay the Rodfords.

16. Coventry BS account has been closed and money transferred to bank account.

17. Fair income was £386.  Water bill £70.

18. DNP paid VH and DP for expenses.

Cricket Club 

19. CC had paid the balance of the year’s dues. 

20. There is talk of a second team next year.  It was agreed to invite the CC to the next meeting to discuss the 3 issues below and the appropriate fees for the 2nd team.  A per match fee was a possibility (in case the number of games was small), say £50.                                                                 Action DP

21. Three issues outstanding:

a.    CC to provide a copy of their insurance

b.    CC to provide a copy of the licence

c.    CC to nominate a member for RFMC

22.  DP cannot get an extra key for the extra security feature to the new shed.

Fund Raising

Bonus Club

Mnth

Winning No

Amnt

Winner 1

Winner 2

Oct

21

£20

Jane Elliott

Chris & Cathy Cudmore

Nov

57

£20

Vicki Trundle

Jane Llewellyn

Dec

52

£20

Paul Sherne

Tom & Sue Rodford

Jan

50

£20

Caroline and Mark Palmer

Nil

Feb

38

£30

Ian Phelps

Matt & Cathy Bennett

Mar

36

£20

Jane Llewellyn & Ben Cabot

Tony Gould

Apr

13

£20

Dave & Barbara Turner

Mark Humphrey

May

41

£20

Mary & David Mears

Caroline & Mark Palmer

Jun

10

£20

Simon and Julie Coe

Ian and Vanessa Barnes

July

1

£20

Denis Pattison

Ken & Val Warton

Aug

52

£20

Paul Sherne

Tom & Sue Rodford

£40 passed to VH to pay them. Some confusion re July winners was resolved.

23. It is time to start selling tickets for next year!!!!!.  DP to send out lists.                   Action DP

24. Whist  

ROTA

21 Sept

19 Oct

16 Nov

21 Dec

VH

DP

 

???\

25. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.  Score cards? Wine?                    Action DP

Wreath Making

26. DP to confirm with Vanessa that she still wants to do it.                                        Action DP

Fair  

27. Possible new format next year : continuous from 1400 to 2400.

28. Lesson learned.

29. The car parking field needs to be cleared as well as cut to avoid fire from hot exhausts.  

30. Recycling bins worked OK, but more emphasis on stall holders taking theor own home next year.  

31. Need better bar signs.  People don’t look up.

Health & Safety.

32. The rope swing has been moved from the large tree near the pump track to the large goal.  It was agreed this was not as safe and it was agreed to remove it.                                  Action VH

33. Wicksteed inspection.  VH has ordered.

a.    Cradle swing chain.  Still waiting for Wicksteed .                                                    Action VH

b.    Trees pruning.  Some done.  More to do.

34. Revisit the site hazard log, including adding the pump track.                               Action DP

35. Fire risk review.  DNP volunteered to assist.                                                            Action DP

Parish Council Issues

36. EXTENDED PLAY AREA.  PC is now back on track working towards getting the money to buy the land.

37. Mowing.  Going fine, including pump track etc.  Need to mow the meadow area soon.                                                                                                                                             Action SW

Regular Items

38. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in June, July, August.                                    Action VH

39. Emergency lighting, 2 smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked today.  One smoke detector not working.   Electrical reading above.                                                  Action AD

40. One of the emergency lights seems very dim.  Look at prices of a new one.     Action AD

41. Report for Parish Magazine – Whist, BC,.                                                                 Action DP

Annual list of jobs. 

a.    Check fire extinguishers.   School had a problem and did not pass on the message. DP to find a new way                                                                                                           Action DP

b.    Check torque on main bolts of swings frame twice per year (Frank)                    Action FH

c.    Check propane cylinders and order replacements as necessary (get rid of empties at same time or you will get lumbered!).                                                                        Action VH

d.    Health and Safety Risk Assessment, & survey of clubhouse and grounds for handling, storage, fire and general hazards in odd years.                                           Action DP

e.    Contact alarm man TDi for alarm annual check.   Check insurance        Action DP

SEPTEMBER

a.    Footballers.  Decided the pitch was in too poor condition.  

b.    Check the first aid box.

c.    Initiate boiler service.  Wait for reminder

d.    Replace the batteries in the smoke/CO detectors

e.    Do the annual 3 hour emergency lighting test.

f.     Sell last Bonus Club tickets

g.    Start Planning Wreath making

h.    Meadow – keep cutting and removing clippings.

i.      Check torque on main bolts of swings frame twice per year (Frank)

Any Other Business

Date of next meeting Mon 10 Sept at the Rec at 7.30   then 8 Oct