Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 10 September 2018

Present:   Vicky Higgins, Denis Pattison, David Pattison, Alan Dagger

Apologies:  Simon Wolf, Vanessa Barnes, Anthea Brooks, Vicky Trundle

1.    The minutes of the meeting held on 20 Aug were agreed and signed.

JOBS

2.    Shed.  Some paint had been kindly donated by Chris Ingrem.  Work required:

a.         Prime and paint barge boards

b.         Prime walls (40% diluted with water)

c.         Paint walls (2 coats) 

d.         Guttering (plus somewhere to send the water!)

The 5 litres of paint from Chris might be enough.  Decided to do a and b and one coat of c and see whether to buy more.  Working party 14 Oct 10am if dry.  Publicity                                              Action DP

3.    Install new rubbish bin.

4.    Matt’s large picnic table needs repainting. 

5.    Get the ride on mower fixed.                                                                                        Action FH

6.    Bench near pedestrian gate.  Michael Wainwright has started fixing it at DP’s house. DP will put it back, further from the hedge.                                                                                      Action DP

7.    New light switch for storeroom/kitchen.  Done                                                         Action DP

8.    The small goal has also been damaged by misuse.  It was decided to replace it.  It was agreed to purchase the better quality item identified by DP 12 x 6 FORZA Steel42 Football Goal at £149.99.                                                                                                                                    Action DP

Football  Nil

Finance:

9.    Electricity meter reading was 28459, usage 38 units. 

10. DNP had paid water bill £70 and claimed back £65 from electric company who had overestimated our usage.

11. VH passed DNP £137 Fun Cricket money less £20 paid out in Bonus Ball prizes.

12. Fair income was £386.  Water bill £70.

13. DNP paid VH and DP for expenses.

Cricket Club 

14. There is no longer talk of a second team next year. 

15. Dave Cox may be nominated as CC rep on RFMC.

16. Three issues outstanding:

a.         CC to provide a copy of their insurance

b.         CC to provide a copy of the licence

c.         CC to nominate a member for RFMC

Fund Raising

Bonus Club

Mnth

Winning No

Amnt

Winner 1

Winner 2

Oct

21

£20

Jane Elliott

Chris & Cathy Cudmore

Nov

57

£20

Vicki Trundle

Jane Llewellyn

Dec

52

£20

Paul Sherne

Tom & Sue Rodford

Jan

50

£20

Caroline and Mark Palmer

Nil

Feb

38

£30

Ian Phelps

Matt & Cathy Bennett

Mar

36

£20

Jane Llewellyn & Ben Cabot

Tony Gould

Apr

13

£20

Dave & Barbara Turner

Mark Humphrey

May

41

£20

Mary & David Mears

Caroline & Mark Palmer

Jun

10

£20

Simon and Julie Coe

Ian and Vanessa Barnes

July

1

£20

Denis Pattison

Ken & Val Warton

Aug

52

£20

Paul Sherne

Tom & Sue Rodford

Sept

50

£20

Caroline and Mark Palmer

Nil

VH had paid them.

17. Ticket selling for next year is ongoing.  First draw of next round is 6 Oct.  VT has volunteered to take on recruiting from Apple Meadow new houses.  DP to send out flyer for new entries, and add to website.                                                                                                                           Action DP

18. Whist  

ROTA

21 Sept

19 Oct

16 Nov

21 Dec

VH

DP

 

???\

19. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.  Score cards? Wine?                    Action DP

Wreath Making

20. DP to confirm with Vanessa that she still wants to do it. Yes Set a date & book hall                                                                                                                                                   Action DP

Fair  

Health & Safety.

21. The rope swing has been moved from the large tree near the pump track to the large goal.  It was agreed this was not as safe and it was agreed to remove it.                                  Action VH

22. Wicksteed inspection.  VH has ordered.

23. Cradle swing chain.  Still waiting for Wicksteed .                                                    Action VH

24. Trees pruning.  Some done.  More to do when leaves have dropped.

25. Revisit the site hazard log, including adding the pump track.                               Action DP

26. Fire risk review and check fire extinguishers.  DNP to get Chubb contact..  DNP volunteered to assist.                                                                                                                                           Action DP

a.         The desirability of eliminating portable lights and replacing them with new lights was discussed.  One of the existing lights was missing a translucent panel.

Parish Council Issues

27. EXTENDED PLAY AREA.  PC is now back on track working towards getting the money to buy the land.  VH and all to make sure we have a say in agreeing layout of new land, allowing for access to Fair parking area and possible future clubhouse.

28. Mowing.  Going fine, including pump track etc.  Need to mow the meadow area soon.          Action SW/VH

Regular Items

29. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Sept.                                                             Action VH

30. Emergency lighting, 2 smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked today.  One smoke detector not working.   Electrical reading above.                                                      Action AD

31. One of the emergency lights seems very dim.  Look at prices of a new one.     Action AD

32. Report for Parish Magazine – Whist, BC, Working Party,.                                     Action DP

Annual list of jobs. 

33. Check torque on main bolts of swings frame twice per year – done.

34. Health and Safety Risk Assessment, & survey of clubhouse and grounds for handling, storage, fire and general hazards in odd years.                                                                             Action DP

35. Contact alarm man TDi for alarm annual check.   Check insurance                   Action DP

36. Do the annual 3 hour emergency lighting test.  After new light installed.

AOB

37. There had been adverse comments on the hand drying available on Fair day.  It was agreed to provide paper towels (no dispenser) at the next fair.

Any Other Business

Date of next meeting Mon 8 Oct at the Rec at 7.30