Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 10 December 2018

Present:   Vicky Higgins, Denis Pattison, Alan Dagger, Simon Wolf, Vanessa Barnes, David Pattison

Apologies:   Anthea Brooks, Vicky Trundle

1.    The minutes of the meeting held on 12 Nov were agreed and signed.

JOBS

2.    Shed.  Some paint had been kindly donated by Chris Ingrem.  Work required: Prime walls (40% diluted with water),  Paint walls (2 coats),  guttering. The 5 litres of paint from Chris might be enough.  Decided to do 2 coats and see whether to buy more.  Wait until spring.  

3.    Install new rubbish bin.

4.    Matt’s large picnic table needs repainting. 

5.    Get the ride on mower fixed.                                                                                        Action FH

6.    Bench near pedestrian gate.  Michael Wainwright has started fixing it at DP’s house. DP will put it back, further from the hedge.                                                                                      Action DP

7.    Tree pruning.  Some done.  More to do when leaves have dropped.

Finance:

8.    DNP passed DP £10 for the small lottery registration. (PMN it cost £20!)

9.    Electricity meter reading was 28573, usage 41 units. 

10. VH passed DNP

a.         £547 profit from the wreath making workshop

b.         £150 from Coleford under 7s football  

c.         £21 from Oct whist (there was none in Nov)

d.         £500, a bequest from Maurice, for which the committee was very grateful

Cricket Club 

11. Dave Cox says he may be the CC rep on RFMC.

12. Three issues outstanding:

a.         CC to provide a copy of their insurance

b.         CC to provide a copy of the licence

c.         CC to nominate a member for RFMC

13. VH to write to CC. done

14. There has been a break in to both sheds, but nothing was stolen.  The CC shed door has been straightened by the CC (their security feature had successfully prevented the door being opened), and the small shed hasp has been repaired and strengthened by FH.  The police were informed.  DP to check whether we need to report it to the insurance company.                        Action DP

Fund Raising

Bonus Club

Mnth

Winning No

Amnt

Winner 1

Winner 2

Oct

5

£20

Andy & Darren

Vicki T & Martin

Nov

53

£20

Val Davis

Kathy

Dec

57

£20

Jane Llewellyn & Ben Cabot

Vicki & KileyTrundle

 

15. Money from ticket sales and account has been passed to DNP, £1150 banked.

16. DNP passed £20 each to VH and DP to pay prizes.

Whist 

ROTA

16 Nov

21 Dec

18 Jan

15 Feb

AD

No Whist

VH

DP

17. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.  Score cards? Wine?                    Action DP

18. It was agreed to review whether to continue whist in the new year, in view of decreasing numbers attending.

Wreath Making

19.  A great success.  15 attended on Sat and 25 on Sun. Lessons:

a.         There was plenty of greenery, esp holly!

b.         Publicity – Julie’s flyer was excellent.  She made two – use the other one next year, and send it out earlier.  DP has originals and can edit dates.

c.         TYs to VB, Tina, FH, VH, Dags, Julie, Vicki Trundle, Big Rich, and everyone who donated greenery or helped otherwise..

d.         Tables were too close to the wall, making access difficult.

e.         Max numbers 25 to 30?

Fair  

Health & Safety.

20. Revisit the site hazard log, including adding the pump track.                               Action DP

21. Fire risk review.  Chubb had visited, and sent:

a.         Invoice for visit £68.52

b.         Invoice for new extinguisher £46.74 (it is there – needs fixing action DP)

c.         Recommendation for new fire blanket and 3 signs, £64.28. 

22. The Chubb rep stated that we do not need a fire blanket, as we have no kitchen or cooker.  It was decided to procure the other items separately, as they are available at approx. half the price.                                                                                                                                              Action DP

23. DP to remind Chubb to come by appointment only.                                                Action DP

24. The desirability of eliminating portable lights and replacing them with new fixed lights was discussed.  It was agreed that better lighting was needed for whist and for meetings.  AD will contact a local electrician.  One of the existing lights was missing a translucent panel. DNP to send DP a link to dimmable 600mm LED panels at £20 each (done, cost for 5 panels with switches is £255).   Small LED downlighters may be fine and cheaper.                                                                       Action AD

25. It was agreed to try new daylight tubes in the existing lights in the interim.  Action DP

Parish Council Issues

26. EXTENDED PLAY AREA.  The committee will be meeting Vicky Taylor 12 Dec 7.30 at the pub. 

27. A set of issues proposed for discussion by Chris Cudmore was discussed.  It was agreed that RFMC should agree to extend the area they lease from the PC, but not include the allotment area, which should be rented directly from the PC to the Allotment Association (AA) or the allotment holders themselves.  A list of issues was also tabled by VH and discussed.

28. DP had established that there is no extra cost of insurance for new land.

29. Mowing.    Meadow area has been mowed.  

Regular Items

30. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Nov.                                                              Action VH

31. Emergency lighting, 2 smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked today.  One smoke detector absent.  AD has one   Electrical reading above.                                       Action AD

32. One of the emergency lights seems very dim.  AD has one, to be fitted.             Action AD

33. Report for Feb Parish Magazine – Whist, BC, Wreath Making TYs.                    Action DP

Annual list of jobs. 

34. Health and Safety Risk Assessment, & survey of clubhouse and grounds for handling, storage, fire and general hazards in odd years.                                                                             Action DP

35. Do the annual 3 hour emergency lighting test.  After new light installed.

36. Wash play area surfaces. Looks OK

37. Accounts Jan

Any Other Business

38. Insurance : Paid

39. Parish Council Precept.  DP bid for for grass cutting, plus £2,500 for play equipment (which can be carried forward). 

40. Small Society Lottery.  Renewal done.  Annual report due now.                          Action DP

41. Steve Willis memorial stone.  Steve’s family wish to replace the plate with a stone.  This was supported with affection.

 

Date of next meeting Mon 14 Jan at the Pub at 7.30