Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 14 January 2019

Present:   Vicky Higgins, Denis Pattison, Alan Dagger, David Pattison

Apologies:   Simon Wolf, Vanessa Barnes, Anthea Brooks, Vicky Trundle

1.    The minutes of the meeting held on 10 Dec were agreed and signed.

JOBS

2.    Shed.  Some paint had been kindly donated by Chris Ingrem.  Work required: Prime walls (40% diluted with water),  Paint walls (2 coats),  guttering. The 5 litres of paint from Chris might be enough.  Decided to do 2 coats and see whether to buy more.  Wait until spring.  

3.    Install new rubbish bin.

4.    Matt’s large picnic table needs repainting. 

5.    Get the ride on mower fixed.                                                                                        Action FH

6.    Bench near pedestrian gate.  It appears that Michael W has left the village.  DP will attempt a repair idc.  DP will put it back, further from the hedge.                                                       Action DP

7.    Tree pruning.  A working party was agreed for Sat 19 Jan at 10am.                    Action All

8.    VH to arrange hedge cutting                                                                                       Action DP

9.    A downpipe needs fixing.                                                                                            Action DP

10.  The boiler inspection has been arranged for 25 Jan.                                             Action VH

Finance:

11. DNP passed DP another £10 for the small lottery registration.

12. Electricity meter reading was 28611, usage 38 units. 

13. VH passed DNP £120 for boat storage.

14. DNP had paid Chubb £115.

Cricket Club 

15. Dave Cox says he may be the CC rep on RFMC.

16. Three issues outstanding:

a.         CC to provide a copy of their insurance

b.         CC to provide a copy of the licence

c.         CC to nominate a member for RFMC

17. VH to write to CC. done

18. There has been a break in to both sheds, but nothing was stolen.    DP to check whether we need to report it to the insurance company.  (PMN I have reported it.)

 

 

 

 

Fund Raising

Bonus Club

Mnth

Winning No

Amnt

Winner 1

Winner 2

Oct

5

£20

Andy & Darren

Vicki T & Martin

Nov

53

£20

Val Davis

Kathy

Dec

57

£20

Jane Llewellyn & Ben Cabot

Vicki & Kiley Trundle

Jan

6

£20

Margaret Nicklin

Matt from the flats

 

19. DNP to pass £40 to VH to pay prizes.                                                                        Action DNP

Whist 

ROTA

18 Jan

15 Feb

15 Mar

19 Apr

VH

DP

 

 

20. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.  Score cards? Wine?                    Action DP

21. It was agreed to review whether to continue whist in the new year, in view of decreasing numbers attending.  DP to feature in Parish mag etc.

Fair  Is going ahead in usual format, except Barn Dance is on the Friday.

Health & Safety.

22. Revisit the site hazard log, including adding the pump track.                               Action DP

23. Fire risk review.  Chubb had visited, and sent:

a.         Invoice for visit £68.52 Paid

b.         Invoice for new extinguisher £46.74 (needs fixing, now done) Paid  

24. Fire blanket disposed of.  3 signs fitted. 

25. The desirability of eliminating portable lights and replacing them with new fixed lights was discussed.  It was agreed that better lighting was needed for whist and for meetings.  AD will contact a local electrician.  One of the existing lights was missing a translucent panel. DNP to send DP a link to dimmable 600mm LED panels at £20 each (done, cost for 5 panels with switches is £255).   Small LED downlighters may be fine and cheaper, but doubts over ability to cut holes in the panels.                                                                                                                                           Action AD

26. It was agreed to try new daylight tubes in the existing lights in the interim.       Action DP

Open Space

27. EXTENDED PLAY AREA.  VH, DP and AD met with Parish Councillors on 12 Dec.  All the proposed area has been allocated to people wishing to become allotment holders, and a steering committee is setting up a new Allotments Association.

28. The PC is keen to extend the Rec lease to include all the new land, with the Rec renting the allotment area to the Allotment Association (AA) when formed.  The committee was prepared to agree to this if:

a.         The allotments are positioned in a narrower strip of land along the length of the northern boundary, rather than leaving a gap at the NE corner.

b.         The allotments are positioned to leave tractor access along the N and E boundaries for hedge cutting.

c.         The path to the allotments to be from the end of the tarmac path behind the play area down the hedge line on the E boundary, under the high voltage wires.  Precise position to be agreed.

d.         No heavy steel shipping container or similar to be sited on the land.

e.         Once set up, the PC role will be limited to arbitrating between allotment holders and residents.  As lessees of the land, RFMC must take responsibility and have authority on matters such as safety and third party liability insurance.

29. VH agreed to inform the PC.                                                                                        Action VH

Regular Items

30. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Dec.                                                              Action VH

31. Emergency lighting, 2 smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked today.  One smoke detector absent.  AD has one   Electrical reading above.                                       Action AD

32. One of the emergency lights is very dim.  AD has one, to be fitted.                     Action AD

33. Report for Feb Parish Magazine – Whist, BC, Wreath Making TYs.                    Action DP

Annual list of jobs. 

34. Do the annual 3 hour emergency lighting test.  After new light installed.

35. Check the first aid box.                                                                                                 Action DP

36. Accounts to auditor.                                                                                                      Action DNP

37. Pay the rent - £1 to the Parish Council.                                                                     Action DNP

38. Wash play area surfaces – as needed

Any Other Business

39. Small Society Lottery.  Annual report due now.                                                       Action DP

 

Date of next meeting Mon 11 Feb at the Pub at 7.30 (AD apologies)

Date of AGM 8 April at 7.30 at the rec