Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 11 February 2019

Present:   Vicky Higgins, Denis Pattison, Simon Wolf, David Pattison

Apologies:   Vanessa Barnes, Anthea Brooks, Alan Dagger, Vicky Trundle

1.    The minutes of the meeting held on 14 Jan were agreed and signed.

2.    DP had reminded the organisations with the right to appoint someone to our committee of that right.  Ty Schlecter has volunteered from the school governors.

JOBS

3.    Shed.  Some paint had been kindly donated by Chris Ingrem.  Work required: Prime walls (40% diluted with water),  Paint walls (2 coats),  guttering. The 5 litres of paint from Chris might be enough.  Decided to do 2 coats and see whether to buy more.  Wait until spring.  

4.    Install new rubbish bin.

5.    Matt’s large picnic table needs repainting. 

6.    Get the ride on mower fixed.                                                                                        Action FH

7.    Bench near pedestrian gate.  Now repaired and teak oiled.  DP will put it back, further from the hedge, in dry weather.                                                                                                  Action DP

8.    Tree pruning. 

9.    Hedge cutting.  The outside and top are done.  VH volunteered to cut back the inside where it is a problem.                                                                                                                           Action VH

10.  The downpipe is fixed.

11.  The boiler inspection has been arranged for 25 Jan.                                             Action VH

12.  Both changing room lights are not working.                                                                     Action DP

Finance:

13. The invoice for the boiler service was passed to DNP for payment.

14. Electricity meter reading was 28675, usage 64 units.  High because of a cold whist?

Cricket Club 

15. Dave Cox still says he may be the CC rep on RFMC.

16. Three issues outstanding:

a.         CC to provide a copy of their insurance

b.         CC to provide a copy of the licence

c.         CC to nominate a member for RFMC

17. DNP apologised in advance for missing the AGM, but is happy to stand again.

Fund Raising   Nil


 

Bonus Club

Mnth

Winning No

Amnt

Winner 1

Winner 2

Oct

5

£20

Andy & Darren

Vicki T & Martin

Nov

53

£20

Val Davis

Kathy

Dec

57

£20

Jane Llewellyn & Ben Cabot

Vicki & Kiley Trundle

Jan

6

£20

Margaret Nicklin

Matt from the flats

Feb

20

£20

Nil

David & Jerry Duncan

 

18. DNP passed £20 to VH to pay prize.  Rollover next month.                                   Action VH

Whist 

ROTA

18 Jan

15 Feb

15 Mar

19 Apr

VH

DP

VH

 

19. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.  Score cards? Wine?                    Action DP

20. It was agreed to review whether to continue whist in the new year, in view of decreasing numbers attending.  DP to feature in Parish mag etc.

Fair  Is going ahead in usual format, except Barn Dance is on the Friday.

Health & Safety.

21. Revisit the site hazard log, including adding the pump track.                               Action DP

22. Fire  DNP had spoken to Chubb, who said our next visit is due in Nov 2019. 

23. Lighting 

a.         One of the existing lights was missing a translucent panel.

b.         AD to contact a local electrician re new fixed lighting.  600mm LED panels or small LED downlighters may be fine and cheaper, but doubts over ability to cut holes in the panels.                                                                                                                     Action AD

c.         It was agreed to try new daylight tubes in the existing lights in the interim.    Action DP

Open Space

24. EXTENDED PLAY AREA.  VH and DP attended PC on 21 Jan, along with allotments reps.  The PC response to the RFMC proposals was:

a.         The allotments are positioned in a narrower strip of land along the length of the northern boundary, rather than leaving a gap at the NE corner.  Agreed

b.         The allotments are positioned to leave tractor access along the N and E boundaries for hedge cutting.  Agreed

c.         The path to the allotments to be from the end of the tarmac path behind the play area down the hedge line on the E boundary, under the high voltage wires.  Precise position to be agreed.  Agreed

d.         No heavy steel shipping container or similar to be sited on the land.  No decision.  Other types of boxes are under consideration.

e.         Once set up, the PC role will be limited to arbitrating between allotment holders and residents.  As lessees of the land, RFMC must take responsibility and have authority on matters such as safety and third party liability insurance. 

25. The PC also agreed to extend the lease at the same time.

26. The possibility of PC leasing only the non-allotment land was discussed.  It was agreed to meet with solicitors, PC and allotment reps. The PC now have a boilerplate agreement from the National Allotment Ass’n.

27. The Steering Committee had also discussed the proposals and they had been agreed without difficulty.

a.         A letter had been received from Anne Wells (via the Steering Committee) which emphasised issues relevant to the RFMC, ie the importance of keeping children away from cars, eg in the car park and on the track next to her house, including diverting the footpath to the rec side of the hedge down past the clubhouse and existing play area, rather than down the track.

The committee agreed and the issue will be addressed when the plans for the new play area are developed.  The footpath proposal has similarities with our own plans for access to the allotments.

Regular Items

28. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Jan.                                                               Action VH

29. Emergency lighting, 2 smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked today.  One smoke detector absent.  AD has one   Electrical reading above.                                       Action AD

30. One of the emergency lights is very dim.  AD has one, to be fitted.                     Action AD

31. Report for Feb Parish Magazine – Whist, BC, AGM.                                               Action DP

Annual list of jobs. 

32. Do the annual 3 hour emergency lighting test.  After new light installed.

33. Check the first aid box. Done.  All OK

34. Accounts to auditor. Done.  DNP to procure a gift.                                                  Action DNP

35. Pay the rent - £1 to the Parish Council. Done.  £1 passed to SW.

36. Wash play area surfaces – as needed

 

Any Other Business

37. It was agreed that SW and VH were appointed to certify the accuracy of the Bonus Club return, and the Small Society Lottery Annual report form was agreed and signed.               Action DP

 

Date of next meeting Mon 11 Mar at the Pub at 7.30

Date of AGM 8 April at 7.30 at the rec