Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 8 April 2019

Present:   Vicky Higgins, Vanessa Barnes, Alan Dagger, Simon Wolf, David Pattison

Apologies:   Denis Pattison, Vicky Trundle, Anthea Brooks

1.    The minutes of the meeting held on 11 Mar were agreed and signed.

JOBS

2.    Shed.  Some paint had been kindly donated by Chris Ingrem.  Work required: Prime walls (40% diluted with water),  Paint walls (2 coats). The 5 litres of paint from Chris might be enough.  Decided to do 2 coats and see whether to buy more.  Wait until spring.  It was decided to

a.         include guttering

b.         lead it to a soak away behind the shed, to be installed when the digger is on site for the Open Space work

c.         install a guttering size pipe from the soak away area to the allotments area when the mains water pipe is installed (and also an electrical conduit).

3.    Install new rubbish bin – done by VH.

4.    Matt’s large picnic table needs fixing and then repainting.                                   Action FH

5.    Get the ride on mower fixed.                                                                                        Action FH

6.    Tree pruning.  Done for this season by VH.

7.    Corridor light.  New bulb needed.                                                                               Action DP

8.    Wash play area surfaces. Done by VH

9.    FH had removed a fallen tree.

10. VH had repainted the outside noticeboard.

11. The path from the front car park to the clubhouse door needs clearing.             Action VH

Finance:

12. Electricity meter reading was 28750, usage 44 units. 

13. DNP to procure a gift for the inspector of the accounts.                                         Action DNP

Cricket Club 

14. Three issues outstanding:

a.         CC to provide a copy of their insurance

b.         CC to provide a copy of the licence

c.         CC to nominate a member for RFMC (may be Dave Cox)

15. No response on any of our issues.  It was agreed that we should not allow cricket until the important issues had been resolved.                                                                                           Action VH

Fund Raising   Nil

Bonus Club

Mnth

Winning No

Amnt

Winner 1

Winner 2

Oct

5

£20

Andy & Darren

Vicki T & Martin

Nov

53

£20

Val Davis

Kathy

Dec

57

£20

Jane Llewellyn & Ben Cabot

Vicki & Kiley Trundle

Jan

6

£20

Margaret Nicklin

Matt from the flats

Feb

20

£20

Nil

David & Jerry Duncan

Mar

54

£30

Big Richard

Emma Brooks

Apr

21

£20

Chris & Cathy Cudmore

Jane Elliot

 

16. £40 was taken from the whist float to pay the prizes, £20 to VH, £20 to DP. Action VH/DP

Whist Rota

11 Apr

17 May

 

 

None

AD

 

 

17. Raffle prizes required. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.  Score cards? Wine?                    Action DP

18. DP had put an article in the Parish mag & facebook seeking ideas for “games evening”.  Only one response so far.                                                                                                             Action DP

Fair  Nil

Health & Safety.

19. Revisit the site hazard log, including adding the pump track.                               Action DP

20. Lighting 

a.         One of the existing lights was missing a translucent panel.

b.         AD to contact a local electrician re new fixed lighting.  600mm LED panels, LED tubes or small LED downlighters may be fine and cheaper, but doubts over ability to cut holes in the panels.                                                                                                              Action AD

c.         It was agreed to try new daylight tubes in the existing lights in the interim.                                                                                                                                    Action DP

Open Space

21. The PC have agreed unanimously that the PC will lease the allotment land directly to the Allotment Association (AA), and the rest of the new land to RFMC.  This includes the strip of land between the allotments and the hedges to the N and E.  It has also been agreed that a 3m strip to the W will be ours, but not including a “fitness trail”.

22. EXTENDED PLAY AREA.  RFMC to design the new layout to minimise conflict between cars and children.

Regular Items

23. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Mar.                                                               Action VH

24. Emergency lighting, 2 smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked yesterday.  All OK.                                                                                                                                            Action AD

25. One of the emergency lights is very dim.  AD has one, to be fitted.                     Action AD

26. Report for Feb Parish Magazine – BC, Whist/games evening, Fair Helpers.     Action DP

Annual list of jobs. 

27. Do the annual 3 hour emergency lighting test.  After new light installed.

28. Provide report to annual parish meeting in the hall, 20 May.  VH is away.         Action DP

29. Clean out changing rooms, toilet and shower for cricket season. Check propane cylinders and order replacements as necessary (get rid of empties at same time or you will get lumbered!).                                                                                                                                             Action VH

30. Treat benches with teak oil during the summer.  DP to send out list.                  Action DP

31. Invoice Cricket Club for annual sub, with approx. 10% increase.                        Action DNP

Any Other Business :  Nil

32. School have asked to use the rec for sports day on10 June, or 17 if wet.  It was agreed, no charge.                                                                                                                                           Action VH

33. Paddy Drinkwater has requested the use of the red for a one night resurrection of the LeighDown Folk Club on 25 July 2019.  RFMC to run the bar.  Will need a TENS.                           Action DNP

Date of next meeting - Mon 13 May at the rec