Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held on 10 June 2019

Present:   Vicky Higgins, Alan Dagger, Denis Pattison, Vanessa Barnes (part), David Pattison

Apologies:   Vicky Trundle, Anthea Brooks

1.    The minutes of the meeting held on 13 May were agreed and signed.

2.    VH stated that the permanent PC rep will be Vicki Trundle, but she is away on business for some months, and Vicky Taylor will be the rep in the interim.

JOBS

3.    Shed.  Some paint had been kindly donated by Chris Ingrem.  Work required: Prime walls (40% diluted with water),  Paint walls (2 coats). The 5 litres of paint from Chris might be enough.  Decided to do 2 coats and see whether to buy more.  It was decided to include guttering led to a soak away behind the shed, to be installed when the digger is on site for the Open Space work.

4.    Matt’s large picnic table needs fixing and then repainting.                                   Action FH

5.    Do the annual 3 hour emergency lighting test now the new light is installed.

6.    Treat benches with teak oil during the summer.  VH has done 2.

Finance:

7.    Electricity meter reading was 28900, usage 61 units. 

8.    DNP had procured a gift for the inspector of the accounts.

9.    The Cricket Club had paid the raised half-season fee of £245.

10. DNP paid VH for the mower parts.

11. AD passed DNP an invoice for mower belts.

12. DNP will pursue a rebate for rainwater going to soak away.                                

Cricket Club 

13. CC have yet to nominate a member for RFMC.

Bonus Club

Mnth

Winning No

Amnt

Winner 1

Winner 2

Oct

5

£20

Andy & Darren

Vicki T & Martin

Nov

53

£20

Val Davis

Kathy

Dec

57

£20

Jane Llewellyn & Ben Cabot

Vicki & Kiley Trundle

Jan

6

£20

Margaret Nicklin

Matt from the flats

Feb

20

£20

Nil

David & Jerry Duncan

Mar

54

£30

Big Richard

Emma Brooks

Apr

21

£20

Chris & Cathy Cudmore

Jane Elliot

May

41

£20

Mary & David Mears

Caroline & Mark Palmer

June

42

£20

Short Mat Bowls, c/o Sue Vaughan

Drew & Rosine Houston

 

14. £20 each was passed by DNP to VH and AD to pay the winners.                Action VH/AD

Whist

15. There had once again been insufficient numbers to play.  After discussion, it was decided to cease the whist evenings.

16. DP to publicise the decision.  DP and VH to tell individual players.             Action DP/VH

Fair  

17. DP has the drinks other than beer and cider which will be collected Wed.                    Action DP

18. AD and FH will run the bar for the evening and fair. 

19. DP to mark out parking rows to minimise wasted space. (Bays are 4m long and separated by 6m).

20. Plastic glasses.  VH has in hand.

21. Recycling bins.                                                                                                              Action VH

22. It was agreed to check the electricity meter before and after the fair.                   Action DP

Health & Safety.

23. Revisit the site hazard log, including adding the pump track.                               Action DP

Lighting 

24. One of the existing lights was missing a translucent panel.

25. AD to contact a local electrician re new fixed lighting.  600mm LED panels, LED tubes or small LED downlighters may be fine and cheaper, but doubts over ability to cut holes in the panels.  Try new daylight tubes in the existing lights in the interim                                            Action AD/DP

Open Space

26. Advice had been received from Guy that supplying water via the clubhouse would result in poor flow rate, and the new plan is for a separate supply from near the mains.  This would be more expensive.  The route across the rec land is yet to be agreed.  In the meantime, AA are filling two 1000 litre tanks using a hose from the rec.  AA will pay our costs.  Usage to date is 2000 litres.

27. Helen Gulvin had volunteered to assist with the open space design, but cannot join RFMC committee because the meetings clash with WI.  Her offer was welcomed.

a.         A sub-committee was discussed.

b.         We can use the open space consultation responses in the bids

c.         More consultation will be necessary, especially with local residents, but also with the likely users!

28. The new layout to minimise conflict between cars and children.

29. DP had received one input to the consultation already – a proposal for a wildflower meadow. 

Regular Items

30. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in May.                                                              Action VH

31. Emergency lighting, 2 smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book checked today.  All OK.                                                                                                                                            Action AD

32. A new emergency light has been fitted.

33. Report for Parish Magazine – BC, Whist off, fair, TY for clear up.  Also on FB and website.  .                                                                                                                                   Action DP

Annual list of jobs. 

34. Meadow: has been cut.

July

35. Start preparing for Bonus Club sales.

August

36. Check footballers are returning.   Under 7s want to come back.  VH to agree terms.                                                                                                                                                   Action VH

37. Sell Bonus Club tickets

38. Meadow – keep cutting and removing clippings.

Any Other Business

39. Resurrection of the LeighDown Folk Club on 25 July 2019.  RFMC to run the bar.  TENS is done.  Will need to ask Paddy how many people coming for drinks order.                     Action VH

40. DP to publicise LeighDown.                                                                                        Action DP

Date of next meeting - Mon 8 July at the rec