LEIGH ON MENDIP RECREATION FIELD MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

 

MINUTES OF MEETING

 

DATE: 18th September 2002                  Commenced: 8.10pm,            Concluded: 10.00 pm

 

Present:            Jan Robson                                                           Chairman Elected

                        Caroline Peat                                                            Treasurer/WI

                        David Pattison                                               Elected

                        Anne Robson                                                           Secretary Elected

..................................................................................................................

1.0       Apologies for Absence:- Dave Mears and Vicky Higgins

 

2.00 Previous Minutes: Minutes for last meeting were signed.

 

3.00 Football Club: Frome Town Boys have paid £120 and played two matches. They had purchased nets which were stored in the changing rooms. After article in paper, Griffin Inn team have booked for 6 matches (28 Sept, 12 Oct, 26 Oct, 9 Nov, 23 Nov, 6 Dec) at £35 per match. They now need opponents! . Still to ask Coleford and Stoke teams for overspill matches.                                                                                                                                               ACTION:JR

Frome Town Boys were keen to use field beyond for football. They would prepare it themselves. It would be necessary to approach Foster Yeoman, Jan Nielsen, obtain planning permission. There was discussion, but it was agreed that this was a huge project, which the Committee could not undertake, but Frome Town Boys could look into this themselves.

 

4.00 Cricket Club: Subscription has been paid.

 

5.00 Cricket Social Club: Money from Insurers has arrived and Keith Watson paid. TV still to be paid for.                                                                                                                   ACTION:JR

 

6.00 Jobs:

1)Grounds Maintenance:.

Fence treatment to be done in dry weather. Since meeting one tin has been used and willing helper found, so five more tins to be purchased.                    .                                               ACTION: JR/AR

Idea for future that several people could be responsible for a small piece of the field each. VH agreed to do from stile to Car Park. AR/JR would do from Car Park to Clubhouse if they had strimmer. DM to be asked to overhaul strimmer in shed.                                        ACTION: DM

 

2)      Car Park.

Almost finished. Has used 410 tons and the Tax for us to pay is £1.80 per ton. Letter written to Tarmac re. publicity and invoice.

 

3)Spoil Heap: Rest of Heap to be dismantled. Concrete pipe taken away at a cost of £120.00 by Chris Duck. Still waiting to hear if Mendip Masons would sponsor this.                 ACTION: JR

 

4) Playground: Dave Jarvis continues six week dig for £12. Wicksteed had made their annual inspection. A few jobs to do – JR has given DM details of these                            ACTION:DM

 

5) Signage: Needed for Playground and Elsie’s Walk. Letter from Mary Nielsen suggesting wording for sign Elsie’s Walk In Memory of Charles and Elsie Jeanes of Manor Farm, Leigh on Mendip.. Two fences posts erected for support.

Two quotes for the sign, the cheaper being from Hayne West for £152.95 incl.VAT. It was agreed that sign should be ordered. DP to make backboard for it.                                             ACTION:DP

Since the meeting, Kevin McCloud has agreed to sponsor this. His daughter is called Elsie and born on  the same day as Elsie Jeanes!                                                                             ACTION:JR

 

6) Benches Delay in delivery of the three benches for Cricket Club, Parish Council and Roma Harvey. It was decided to go ahead with order and store benches for winter – possibly installing the one for the Parish Council. Order needs chasing & contributors consulted.            ACTION: AR

7) Extract Fan in Shower needs mending This was being removed due to electrical inspection.

 

7.00 Financial Report: As at18.09.02

 

Balances b/fwd 07.08.02

                                                Current Account                        671.38                                                                                                             Building Society                        1511.99

                                                Cash                        12.91                        2196.28

Receipts:

                        From W.I for hire of field                        25.00

                        Cricket Club subs 2002                        150.00

                        Insurance cheque                        1736.25

                        From Frome Town Boys                        120.00                        2031.25

Expenditure:

                        Window locks                        28.44

                        Bonus Club Draw (Sep)                        20.00

                        Concrete pipe removal                        120.00

                        Insurance work                        1369.38                        (1537.82)                                                                                                        £2689.71

Balances c/fwd 18.09.02         

                                                Current Account                        1164.81          

                                                Building Society                        1511.99

                                                Cash                        12.91                        £2689.71        

Money due in near future: Contribution from the Fair £300, New Football team £100, Bonus Club: £250                                                       Total: £650.

Money Out: Cricket Club Insurance: £360, Jan £20, Tax for stone: £750, Paul B Electrics: £80, Metal Window surrounds: £50, Sign: £150.                        Total: £1410.

 

8.00 Fund Raising:

Bonus Club winners for September were Kevin & Julie Gill. Repeat Bonus Club shares now to be collected to start new Draw on 5th October.                                                             ACTION: ALL

Second Bonus Club later in the year- list of names had been compiled.             ACTION:JR/AR

Fund raising ideas:

In June, a Walking Treasure Hunt around the village.

October/November: Race Night in Hall with Food. This was too late for the Cricket Club. Agreed to try again in the Spring. Maybe Wine & Wisdom and Car Boot Sales.

Burns Night supper to be discussed.

9.0              Fair    

Check date of Fair for next year and give to Cricket Club.                                        ACTION: AR/VH

 

10.0          Any Other Business:

Inspection Report: VH doing weekly.                                                               ACTION: VH

 

Website: Ask Tom if possible to link Football pitch to Search Engine for Football/Frome to advertise Football pitch.                                                                                      ACTION:AR

 

Trees around Field: Split one to be removed in winter. Bluebells to be planted.            ACTION:VH/AR

 

Millennium Bench: It had been suggested that bench should come to Rec. Field. Committee agreed that this could happen, but was this the right place for it to be seen by all the village?

 

Insurance:            Since the break in, the loss adjustor had been to inspect the Clubhouse and had since written with a large amount of alterations.

Sum insured: This should be £150,000. JR had worked out new build and written to contest this.

Electrics:            A full test. Steve & Derek had worked on this. Paul Burlison would do full test on Friday.  Also suggested SWEB can put PME for free

Portable Heaters:            These should not be used unless caged etc. Cricket Club had asked for this to be contested.

Window Security:            Screwfix shut some windows, others to have locks. To be completed by 30th August.                                                                                                                 COMPLETE

Children’s Playground: Several recommendations. They should be sent copy of check list, together with details of equipment check and regular digging.             DEALT WITH IN LETTER

Hinge bolts on back door: This is possible.                                                        COMPLETE

Boiler Inspection:            This is a problem. Cost of replacement too high.

Foliage to rear of clubhouse cut:            Community Service final visit.

Cricket Club had been asked to test Fittings and make valuation of furniture.

Very grateful thanks to Steve Anderson and Derek Robinson for offering to take on this project.

 

Tree: Trevor & Ann Wells had expressed concern at the tree roots of the Ash Tree being near their house! As this was not the Rec. Field’s problem, it was agreed that they could remove the tree at their own expense, giving the Club any profit from logs and paying for additional work to replacement cherry tree.                                                                                           ACTION:JR

 

11.00 NEXT MEETING            :                       8.00pm Wednesday 23rd October 2002

 

12.00 Distribution:            Parish Council +                      Jan Robson (Chairman)

                                    Caroline Peat (Treasurer/WI)            Tony Gould (Parish Council)                                                           David Mears (Elected)                      Vicky Higgins (Elected)                                                          Steve Willis (Cricket Social)              David Pattison (Elected)                                                          Anne Robson (Secretary)

 

--------------------------------------------------------------  Chairman

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------  Treasurer