LEIGH ON MENDIP RECREATION FIELD MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

 

MINUTES OF MEETING

 

DATE: 24th October 2002                 Commenced: 8.15pm,            Concluded: 9.45 pm

 

Present:          Jan Robson                                                    Chairman Elected

                        Caroline Peat                                                 Treasurer/WI

                        Dave Mears                                                   Elected

                        Anne Robson                                                  Secretary Elected

..................................................................................................................

1.0       Apologies for Absence Vicky Higgins and Tony Gould

 

2.00 Previous Minutes: Minutes for last meeting were signed.

 

3.00 Football Club: Frome Town Boys have now played six matches. CP said that on 12th October, they had not cleaned the changing rooms. Griffin Inn team have booked for 6 matches to play 26 Oct, 9 Nov, 23 Nov, 6 Dec) at £35 per match. Someone needed to let them in on 26th October at 11.30am. DP to be asked.                                                                                      ACTION:DP

Still to ask Coleford and Stoke teams for overspill matches.                               ACTION:JR

 

4.00 Cricket Club: No matters arising.

 

5.00 Cricket Social Club: TV now paid for. New till still to be paid for.

 

6.00 Jobs:

1)Grounds Maintenance:.

Fence treatment now completed with much thanks to H, Steve & Derek.

Idea for future that several people could be responsible for mowing a small piece of the field each. VH agreed to do from stile to Car Park. AR/JR would do from Car Park to Clubhouse if they had strimmer. DM to overhaul strimmer.                                                              ACTION: DM

 

2)      Car Park.

Almost finished. Tax Bill Paid. Some work left do on Car Park and foliage cut. JR to chase up Community Service.                                                                                                       ACTION:JR

Car Park sign being made by DP                                                                                  ACTION:DP

Hedge to be planted around side of Car Park. Plants to be purchased                ACTION:AR

HEDGE PLANTING:           SUNDAY 24TH NOVEMBER 11.00AM                  ACTION: ALL

 

3)  Spoil Heap: Rest of Heap to be dismantled.

 

4)      Playground: Dave Jarvis continues six week dig for £12. DM to try to remove car tyre.     

ACTION:DM

5)  Signage: Signage for Elsie’s Walk ordered. When delivered Mary Nielsen to open car park (cut tape) with rep. from Tarmac. Mary keen to pay for sign. JR had suggested she contact Kevin McCloud direct about this.                                                                                         ACTION: JR

 

6) Benches  Money for benches had been returned and was now in Building Society. Contributors had been informed. Benches to be re-ordered in March.                                          ACTION: AR

 

7) Electrics: Paul Burlison to talk to Western Power re. PME and put in new switch gear

 

7) Trees/Planting: Split one to be removed in winter. Bluebells to be planted.  ACTION:VH/AR

Concern over fungus around trunk of Ash Tree. JR had spoken to John Wright who was meeting someone from MDC. Agreed to try to find friendly tree expert to give advice – Dave Jarvis/Simon Knight? Since asked Tree man and he diagnosed “Butt Rott”.                          ACTION:AR

                                                                                                                       

7.00 Financial Report: As at 24.10.02

 

Balances b/fwd 18.09.02

                                      Current Account                        1164.81                                                                     Building Society            1511.99

                                      Cash                                             12.91                    2689.71

Receipts:

                        Village fair income                                     300.00

                        Bonus club draw income                            460.00

                        Bank interest                                                 0.25

                        Refund for benches                                  1004.62

                        Griffin Inn football                                        35.00                    1799.87

Expenditure:

                        Maintenance                                              121.73

                        Bonus Club Draw (Oct)                              20.00

                        Security locks                                              88.39

                        Electrical inspection                                     80.00

                        Insurance to cricket                                   205.42

                        To Tarmac for car park                             783.74                   (1299.28)                                                          £3190.30

Balances c/fwd 24.10.02                                                        

                                      Current Account                        1419.52                           

                                      Building Society                         1732.87

                                      Cash                                             37.91                  £3190.30           

Ring fenced Money:        Till: £360, Benches: £1005, Bonus Club: £220.

 

8.00 Fund Raising:

Bonus Club winners for October were Kevin & Julie Gill. Two shares to be collected. ACTION:CP

Second Bonus Club later in the year- list of names had been compiled. Letters to be flyposted

                        ACTION:JR/AR

Fund raising ideas:

In June, a Walking Treasure Hunt around the village.

October/November: Race Night had been held by Cricket Club in October (without us) !!

Maybe Wine & Wisdom and Car Boot Sales. Burns Night supper to be discussed.

 

9.0              Fair    

This would probably be reverting to 5th July, due to Dog Show. Must decide soon to tell Cricket Club and Tourist Information                                                                           ACTION: AR/VH

 

 

 

10.0          Any Other Business:

Inspection Report: VH doing weekly.                                                                ACTION: VH

 

 

Insurance:         There had been no acknowledgement of JR’s letter.

Cricket Club had not provided valuation of furniture. JR to write letter with own valuation.

                                                                                                                                    ACTION: JR

 

Rate Card: AR to type rate card for use of pitch/Car Park. Agreed £10 per am, pm or evening for Car Park.£10 per hour for Field with Clubhouse & Car Park, £8 an hour for Field & Car Park without Clubhouse.

 

Car Parking Arrangements: Car Park to be used for Firework evening on 1st November and Mattick wedding on 2nd November. Please make the following arrangements.

Sign for Car Park to be erected.                                                                                   ACTION: DP

Bollards to be put out to ensure no-one drives on field.                                      ACTION: VH

(Tel nos. already given to Matticks in case of problems: DP & VH)

 

11.00 NEXT MEETING       :                       8.00pm Wednesday 20th November 2002

 

12.00 Distribution:     Parish Council  +                      Jan Robson (Chairman)

                                    Caroline Peat (Treasurer/WI)    Tony Gould (Parish Council)                                                     David Mears (Elected)              Vicky Higgins (Elected)                                                          Steve Willis (Cricket Social)                 David Pattison (Elected)                                                           Anne Robson (Secretary)

 

--------------------------------------------------------------  Chairman

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------  Treasurer