LEIGH ON MENDIP RECREATION FIELD MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

 

MINUTES OF MEETING

 

DATE: 5th October 2004†† ††† Commenced: 8.00pm Concluded: 9.45pm

 

Present:††††††††† Jan Robson††† ††††††††††† Chairman Elected

††††††††††††††††††††††† Caroline Peat ††††††††††† Secretary Elected

††††††††††††††††††††††† Vicky Higgins ††††††††††† Elected

††††††††††††††††††††††† Anne Robson††††††††††† Secretary Elected

 

..................................................................................................................

1.0     Apologies for Absence: David Pattison and Dave Mears

 

2.00 Previous Minutes: Minutes for meetings 21.7.04 and 8.9.04 were signed

 

3.00 Football Club: Frome Town Boys have played twice and Jimís team once.

 

4.00 Cricket Club: Nothing to report.

 

5.00 Cricket Social Club: Has electrical equipment been tested as requested by insurance? SW to ask Eddie††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ACTION: SW

 

6.00 Jobs:

1)Grounds Maintenance:. Stewart, the postman, has asked for a B & Q voucher. It was agreed that it would be for £40. VH or AR to purchase.††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ACTION: VH/AR

 

2)Spoil Heap: Rest of Heap to be dismantled.

 

3)Playground:

Climbing frame to have chips painted over††††† †††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ACTION: DM

Small swing seat top rail nuts to be covered, to be purchased from Wicksteed ACTION: JR/DM

 

4) Electrics: Emergency lighting test procedure to be done at each meeting.††††† ACTION: ALL

 

5) Concrete ends to Benches: Still a few around the ground. If anyone going to Coleford tip, please take one with you.††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ACTION: ALL

 

6)Water heater: To be replaced in the future. SW to ask if this might combine with gas installation.††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ACTION: SW

7) Goalposts:To be painted with white gloss.†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ACTION:VH

7.00 Financial Report as at 5.10.2004:-

Balancesb/fwd

21/07/2004

 

 

 

Current Account

 

£1,456.09

 

 

Building Society

 

£†††† 908.94

 

 

Cash

 

£†††††† 47.96

£ 2,412.99

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Receipts

 

 

 

 

Village Fete Share

£†††† 250.00

 

 

Frome Town Boys

£†††† 125.00

 

 

Boat Parking Fee

£†††††† 40.00

 

 

Football Fee

 

£†††††† 35.00

 

 

 

 

 

£††† 450.00

Expenditure

 

 

 

 

TDI security

 

£†††† 109.28

 

 

Bonus Club Draw(Aug, Sep)

£†††††† 80.00

 

 

Misc(Oil, Petrol etc)

£†††††† 52.11

 

 

Insurance

 

£†††† 209.32

 

 

 

 

 

£††† 450.71

 

 

 

 

£ 2,412.28

Balances c/fwd

05/10/2004

 

 

 

Current Account

 

£1,432.49

 

 

Building Society

 

£†††† 908.94

 

 

Cash

 

£†††††† 70.85

£ 2,412.28

 

 

 

 

 

Ring fenced money:

 

 

 

 

Bonus Club Draw

£†††††† 40.00

 

 

 

 

 

£††††† 40.00

CP reported that Jackie Witt had requested information upon which the recent parish council grant could be based instead of insurance premium. There appeared to be an audit problem DP contested this and will soon be speaking to her.††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ACTION: DP

 

8.00 Fund Raising:

Bonus Club winners in October are Mick Crispin and Matt & Cheryl Ibbett , who have left the village. JR would speak to their previous neighbours about this.††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ACTION:JR

New Bonus Club forms were handed out. It was hoped to have the first draw on 6th November.

††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ACTION:ALL

Other Fund raising ideas:

Walk as arranged by Steve and Jo Anderson. AR to check with Steve & Jo.††††† ACTION: AR

 

Also Walking Treasure Hunt around the village, Car Boot Sales.

 

9.0     Fair††††††††† New date: Saturday 18th June 2005.

£250 had been received from the 2004 Fair.††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

Next Meeting: 5th January 2005

 

10.0     Any Other Business:

Inspection Report: VH doing weekly.††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† .†††††††††† .†††††††††† ACTION: VH

 

Insurance: Surveyor from Royal Sun Alliance had inspected the premises. Appeared satisfied and suggested metal bin for cigarette ends in Clubhouse†††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ACTION: SW

 

New premium could be paid as a standing order from our current account if necessary..

 

Alarm has been tested (as N.U had insisted) and serviced by installer at cost of £70. Also demonstrated how to change code. JR to ask LJH to sponsor this each year.†††† ACTION: JR

 

Smartwater: It was agreed that the Recreation Field, Cricket and Cricket Social should each have this at a cost of £10 each and these have yet to be ordered.

 

Disabled Discrimination Act (October 2004)/Asbestos Act (May 2004):

JR felt it would be necessary to obtain ramps for the clubhouse and would obtain quotes from Barry Breeze†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ACTION: JR

JR had obtained an Asbestos Report from a consultant at a charge of £50. This has now been received.††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

 

Charity Form: JR has now filled in and posted this.†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

 

Parish Council Representative: DP to ask Jackie Witt about this.††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ACTION:DP

 

Mountain Bike Trail: Representatives (Chris Gillard, Kevin, Toby and Charley Mitchell and Rob Knights) attended the meeting to request help with making a mountain bike trail for village children. It was agreed that the Recreation Field was not suitable and other adjacent venues were discussed Ė Paul Nielsenís field and the quarry field. Also suggested was the land owned by SCC for lowcost housing. There was discussion about insurance and JR spoke to the Rec. Field broker about this and has contacted Chris Gillard (07974 483809) with the results.

It was explained that while the Rec. Field would be supportive of this initiative, they could not give financial help.

 

11.00 NEXT MEETING†††† : ††††††††† 8.00pm Tuesday 23rd November 2004††

 

12.00 Distribution:†††† Parish Council+††††††††††††††††††††† Jan Robson (Chairman)

††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Caroline Peat (Treasurer/WI)††† David Mears (Elected)††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Vicky Higgins (Elected)††††††††††††††††††††††† Steve Willis (Cricket Social)††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† David Pattison (Elected)†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† (Parish Council)

Anne Robson (Secretary)

 

-------------------------------------------------------------Chairman

 

------------------------------------------------------------Treasurer