LEIGH ON MENDIP RECREATION FIELD MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

 

MINUTES OF MEETING

 

DATE: 22nd November 2004††

Commenced: 8.00pm†† Concluded: 9.40pm

 

 

Present:†††††††††† Jan Robson

Chairman Elected

††††††††††† ††††††††††† David Pattison

Elected

††††††††††† ††††††††††† Vicky Higgins

Elected

††††††††††† ††††††††††† Steve Anderson

Parish Council

††††††††††† ††††††††††† Anne Robson

Secretary Elected

†††††††††††

..................................................................................................................

1.0    Apologies for Absence: Caroline Peat and Dave Mears. Steve Anderson was welcomed as the Parish Council Representative to the Committee.

 

2.00 Previous Minutes: Minutes for meetings 5.10.04 were agreed but not signed.

 

3.00 Football Club: Frome Town Boys and Jimís team are playing, but not very often.

 

4.00 Cricket Club: Nothing to report.

 

5.00 Cricket Social Club: Has electrical equipment been tested as requested by insurance? SW to ask Eddie††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† ACTION: SW

 

6.00 Jobs:

1)Grounds Maintenance:. Stewart, the postman, has been given £40 B & Q token as thanks for his work on the ground.

 

2)Spoil Heap: Rest of Heap to be dismantled.

 

3)Playground:

Climbing frame to have chips painted over†††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† ††††††††††† ACTION: DM

Small swing seat top rail nuts to be covered, to be purchased from Wicksteed††††††††††† ACTION: JR/DM

 

4) Electrics: Emergency lighting test procedure to be done at each meeting.†† ACTION: ALL

 

5) Concrete ends to Benches: Still a few around the ground. If anyone going to Coleford tip, please take one with you.†† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† ACTION: ALL

 

6)Water heater: To be replaced in the future. SW to ask if this might combine with gas installation.†††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† ††††††††††† ACTION: SW

7) Goalposts:To be painted with white gloss.†††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† ACTION:VH

 

8.00 Fund Raising:

Despite best endeavours Matt & Cheryl Ibbett , who won the October Bonus Club had not been traced.

New Bonus Club forms had not started in November, but would definitely do so on 4th December. Many thanks to all who helped with this.†††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† ACTION:AR

Burns Night††††††††††† 22nd January 2005

Memorial Hall to be booked††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† ACTION:AR/CP

Licence to be applied for asap†††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† ACTION:CP

Date placed in December Parish Mag. and article for January †††††††††† ††††††††††† ††††††††††† ACTION: AR

Tickets to be printed for 4th January (only the same number as allowed in Hall)††††††††††† ACTION:CP

Details of last Burns Night to be emailed. †††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† ACTION:AR

SA & DP to liase over purchase of wine††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† ††††††††††† ACTION:SA/DP

 

Other Fund raising ideas:

Walking Treasure Hunt around the village, Car Boot Sales.

 

9.0    Fair††††††††† New date: Saturday 18th June 2005.

Next Meeting: 5th January 2005††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† ACTION:JR/VH

 

10.0    Any Other Business:

Inspection Report: VH doing weekly.††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† .††††††††††† .††††††††††† ACTION: VH

Insurance: Surveyor from Royal Sun Alliance had inspected the premises. Appeared satisfied and suggested metal bin for cigarette ends in Clubhouse†† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† ACTION: SW

 

JR had asked LJH to sponsor alarm testing. They seemed prepared to sponsor in November 2005. Letter of confirmation needed.††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† ††††††††††† ACTION: JR/AR

 

Smartwater: These kits had arrived and the Recreation Field needed to be marked. Cricket/Cricket Social had not paid for their kits.†††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† ††††††††††† ACTION:JR/DP

 

Disabled Discrimination Act (October 2004)/Asbestos Act (May 2004):

JR had obtained quote from Barry Breeze for ramps etc. at a cost of £298 (supply only). If we did not get grant, Barry might give village discount. It was agreed to keep quote on file.†††††††††††††††††

JR had obtained an Asbestos Report from a consultant at a charge of £50. JR to provide Asbestos Register.††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† ACTION:JR

 

Go Karts: JR reported that the new owners of Knap Hill Farm had asked to put a go kart track onto the rec. and it was felt this would churn up the ground. However FTB were playing that day, so the answer had to be no anyway.

 

Grants: SA drew attention to grants from Gloria Caywood (maximum £350). It was agreed to put in the form asking for contribution to new water heater. The remainder would need to be from funds.

††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† ACTION:JR

 

 

11.00 NEXT MEETING††††††††††† : ††††††††††† 8.00pm Tuesday 4th January 2005††

 

12.00 Distribution:††††††††††† Parish Council††††††††††† +††††††††† ††††††††††† Jan Robson (Chairman)

††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† Caroline Peat (Treasurer/WI)†††††††††† David Mears (Elected)†††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† ††††††††††† Vicky Higgins (Elected)†††††††† ††††††††††† Steve Willis (Cricket Social)††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† David Pattison (Elected)†††††††† ††††††††††† Steve Anderson (Parish Council)

Anne Robson (Secretary)

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------Chairman

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------Treasurer