LEIGH ON MENDIP RECREATION FIELD MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

MINUTES OF MEETING

 

DATE: 8 Mar 2005††† ††††††††††† Commenced: 8.00pm

 

Present:†††††††††

Vicky Higgins†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Chair Elected

Steve Willis††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Cricket Social Club

Steve Anderson†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Parish Council

David Pattison†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Secretary Elected

..................................................................................................................

Apologies for Absence:. Caroline Peat

 

Previous Minutes: Minutes for meeting 10 Feb 05 were agreed and signed.

 

Football Club:Jimís team have 2 more games booked Ė 13 Mar and 10 Apr.Frome Town Boys plans are unknown.Cricket would like the football to finish in April to allow the field to recover, and would prefer to avoid use of the field for football in very wet conditions.Discuss next season and agree use of pitch next season†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ACTION VH

 

Cricket Club:The centenary is planned for week commencing 21 July.

 

Cricket Social Club: Has electrical equipment been tested as requested by insurance? SW to ask Eddie††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ACTION: SW

 

JOBS

Grounds Maintenance:. Two broken tree branches to be dealt with. One at entrance by JR/AR and one on fence line by VH.††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† †††††† ACTION:JR/AR/VH

 

Spoil Heap: Ask Rick Massey if he would like it for landfill.†† †††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† †††††††††ACTION SA

 

Playground: VH reported that the seat on the small swing was wearing.Inspection required.††

†† ACTION: DP

Print new notices for playground signs with VH phone number††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† †††††††† ACTION DP

 

Electrics: Emergency lighting test procedure to be done at each meeting. Done.†† ACTION: ALL

 

Concrete ends to Benches: Still a few around the ground. If anyone going to Coleford tip, please take one with you.†††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† †††† ACTION: ALL

 

Car Park:Draft new notice for car park disclaiming liability††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††ACTION VH

 

Awards for All

AFA has given the grant in full to the Rec. Field. This amounts to £3,150 and will be in the Rec. Field bank account on or around 9th March. The figures broken down are: Access Ramps - £270, Grab Rails - £630, Installation of toilet works: £450 and shower heater boiler and installation - £1800.

Many, many thanks to Graham as his advice was the key to us getting the award.

One of the requests in the covering letter is that we do not publish details of this grant until after 17th March, when information will be given to the local press and media.The info will not be put on the website or published until after then.

 

Water Heater:It was agreed to proceed with the boiler installation.The Cricket Social Club would like to install a central heating system at the same time. RFMC would pay for the boiler and its installation as long as the grant covered it, and Cricket/Social would pay for the extra costs ie radiators/pipework.It was agreed to seek to have the job done professionally, and to get new quotes from the company who quoted before and one other.SW to be informed of times of site visits.

ACTION VH

 

Access Ramps:It was agreed to get a quote from Care Plus Mobility (Bath) Ltd.

ACTION DP

 

Toilet Works: It was agreed to get a quote from Guy.

ACTION VH

 

Outside light didnít work. ††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ACTION:DM

 

Trim HedgeRemind Gerald.If not, Alan Bristow could be asked.†††††††††††† ACTION:JR

 

FINANCIAL REPORT :- No details available at meeting.

 

Parish Council discussed paying a share of the Insurance Premium but did not agree to fund running costs.However, PC need details of insurance for auditors†††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††† ACTION DP

 

It was agreed to make the case for PC commitment to support the rec at the APM, letting PC see draft first††††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††† ACTION DP

 

The lease was discussed but no actions agreed.

 

FUND RAISING:

The Bonus Club winners for Mar were Alison & John Wright and Rob & Vanessa Moore.

Other Fund raising ideas: Walking Treasure Hunt around the village, Car Boot Sales.

Fair†††† Due Saturday 18th June 2005. JR will remain the rec representative.†† VH will not be on the fete committee.††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ACTION: JR

 

Disabled Discrimination Act (October 2004)/Asbestos Act (May 2004):

JR had provided Asbestos Register. Holes above ceiling tiles should be sealed. DP thought he could use his excess expanded foam.†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ACTION: DP

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

Safety Inspection & Report: VH completed each week in Feb.†††††† ††††††††††† ††††††††††† ACTION: VH

 

Wicksteed to be instructed to carry out the annual inspection and fix defects†††††††††† ACTION: DP

 

Alarm Testing: JR had written to LJH confirming their sponsorship of this in November 2005.

 

Grants: Grant from Gloria Caywood.Try again next year?

 

Date of next MEETING†††††† : 8.00pm Tuesday 5 April 2005

 

Distribution:†† Parish Council ††††††††††† Vicky Higgins (Chair)

Caroline Peat (Treasurer/WI)†††††††††††† David Mears (Elected)

Steve Willis (Cricket Social)††††††††††††† Steve Anderson (Parish Council)

David Pattison (Secretary†††††††††††††††††† Jan & Anne Robson (honorary helpers!)

 

-------------------------------------------------------------Chairman

 

------------------------------------------------------------Treasurer