LEIGH ON MENDIP RECREATION FIELD MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

MINUTES OF MEETING

DATE: 5 April 2005              Commenced: 8.00pm

 

Present:

Vicky Higgins                                    

Chair Elected

Steve Anderson                                            

Parish Council

David Pattison                                              

Secretary Elected

David Mears                                                 

Elected

Caroline Peat                                                

Treasurer Elected

 

(missed first part of meeting)

..................................................................................................................

1)     Apologies for Absence:.

2)     Previous Minutes: Minutes for meeting  8 Mar 05 were agreed and signed.

3)     Football Club:  Jim’s team have 1 more games booked –10 Apr.  Frome Town Boys plans are unknown.  Cricket would like no football in April to allow the field to recover, which would lose about £90 in income.  Discuss and agree use of pitch next season                                             ACTION VH

4)     Cricket Club:  The centenary is planned for week commencing 21 July – no news of any events yet.  There had been a complaint about riding bikes on the pitch, but it was not thought that signs would help if people were prepared to take down the surrounding cord.  

5)     Cricket Social Club: Has electrical equipment been tested as requested by insurance? SW to ask Eddie                                                                                                                           ACTION: SW

JOBS

6)     Grounds Maintenance:. Two broken tree branches to be dealt with. One at entrance by JR/AR and one on fence line by VH.                                                                                     ACTION:JR/AR/VH

7)     Vandals had deliberately broken a window. Reported to the CPSO, Paul Emery     ACTION: VH

8)     Spoil Heap: Ask Alan Bristow if he could turn it into a bank next to the hedge.        ACTION: SA

9)     Playground: DP had inspected the seat on the small swing and was sure that it did not present a hazard.   DP had fitted new notices for playground signs.                                                                                                   

10)  Electrics: Emergency lighting test procedure to be done at each meeting. Done.   ACTION: ALL

11)  Concrete ends to Benches: Still a few around the ground. If anyone going to Coleford tip, please take one with you.                                                                                          ACTION: ALL

12) Car Park:  Draft new notice and letter for car park disclaiming liability and stating it is not a right of way.                                                                                                                          ACTION VH

Awards for All

13) Water Heater:  VH had not found another propane qualified Corgi fitter, and was awaiting a quote including the central heating, which Cricket/Social would pay for. SW to be informed of times of site visits. JR had done a drawing.                                                                                     ACTION VH

14) Access Ramps:  Available in stock.                                                                             ACTION VH

15) Toilet Works: It was agreed to wait until the heating was finished.                    ACTION VH

16) DM had fixed the Outside light                           

17) Hedge  It was decided it was too late to cut it.  JR had done his bit.

FINANCIAL REPORT :- See attached.

18) DP had provided PC with details of insurance for auditors.                                

19) Make the case for PC commitment to support the rec at the APM 16 May, letting PC see draft first                                                                                                                                 ACTION DP

20) SA and VH to discuss the lease..

FUND RAISING:

21) The Bonus Club winners for Apr were Tony Gould and Jane Llewellyn.

22) Other Fund raising ideas: Car Treasure Hunt followed by BBQ on a Sunday afternoon.  Need to get a cricket fixture list to fix a date.                                                                            ACTION VH

23) Fair           Draw tickets were distributed.  RFMC asked to provide three for “knock down”.  DP/VH/DM(?) agreed.  SA will be away, so someone else will need to tow the trailer.  DP volunteered.           ACTION: VH, DP, DM

:

24) Asbestos Act (May 2004)  Holes above ceiling tiles should be sealed. DP thought he could use his excess expanded foam.                                                                                                                                                                                             ACTION: DP

ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

25) Safety Inspection & Report: VH completed each week in Feb. .           .           ACTION: VH

26) VH had asked Wicksteed to carry out the annual inspection and fix defects         ACTION: VH

27) Alarm Testing: JR had written to LJH confirming their sponsorship of this in November 2005.

28) Grants: Grant from Gloria Caywood.  Try again next year?

29)          Date of next MEETING       : 8.00pm Thursday 12 May 2005

Distribution:   Parish Council                                     Vicky Higgins (Chair)

Caroline Peat (Treasurer/WI)             David Mears (Elected)

Steve Willis (Cricket Social)              Steve Anderson (Parish Council)

David Pattison (Secretary                   Jan & Anne Robson (honorary helpers!)

 

-------------------------------------------------------------  Chairman

 

------------------------------------------------------------  Treasurer


 

Financial Report as at

05/04/2005

 

 

 

 

 

 

Balances  b/fwd 1/1/05

 

£

£

 

Current Account

2,326.07

 

 

Building Society

908.94

 

 

Cash

77.06

3,312.07

 

 

 

 

Receipts

 

 

 

 

Bonus Club Draw Income

     20.00

 

 

Burns Night

    656.78

 

 

Football Fee

    185.00

 

 

Boat Parking

      30.00

 

 

 

 

    891.78

 

 

 

 

Expenditure

 

 

 

 

Gifts 

      55.00

 

 

Bonus Club Draw(Dec/Apr)

    180.00

 

 

Shower Heater repairs

    109.97

 

 

Burns Night Expenditure

    308.67

 

 

 

 

      653.64

 

 

 

  3,550.21

 

 

 

 

Balances c/fwd

05/04/2005

 

 

 

Current Account

 2,534.89

 

 

Building Society

    908.94

 

 

Cash

    106.38

 3,550.21

 

 

 

 

Ring fenced money:

 

 

 

 

Bonus Club Draw

    280.00

280.00

 

 

 

 

 

 

NB   Not including amounts paid directly into the bank in last few weeks.