LEIGH ON MENDIP RECREATION FIELD MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

MINUTES OF MEETING

DATE: 15 Feb 2006                Commenced: 8.45pm

Present:                                  Vicky Higgins

David Pattison

Steve Anderson

                                                Dave Mears

                                                Also Jan and Anne Robson (part meeting)

................................................................................................................……………………………...

1)      Apologies for Absence: Caroline Peat

2)      Previous Minutes: Minutes for meeting 7 Dec 05 and 4 Jan 06 were agreed and signed.

3)      Football: A Hiring agreement is not a requirement, but good practice.  VH to investigate, low priority.      ACTION:VH

4)      Cricket Club:  The storage of mowers in the clubhouse was considered to  add to the fire risk unnecessarily.  Most now removed.  VH would speak to SW about remainder.      ACTION:VH

5)      Cricket Social Club:. CSC had sought a new alcohol licence.  No update.

JOBS

6)      Grounds Maintenance:. One big tree to come down      ACTION:VH

7)      Asbestos Act (May 2004)  Holes above ceiling tiles should be sealed.      ACTION: DP

8)      Bollards. VH reported an incident.  A young man had driven up onto the posts and got stuck, whilst in “distress”, at night.  The police had to be called.

The committee would prefer a fence of some sort. SA reported that he had some posts removed from stiles being converted to kissing gates, which he would keep for rec use.                         ACTION: DP

9)      Spoil Heap: VH to try Eddie Gould.      ACTION:VH

10)  Playground Remove finger trap at Gate - Has also ceased to close.      ACTION: DP

11)  Signs Perspex in signs removed, the emergency number added, complete.       ACTION: DP

12)  Soft landing area.  Literature passed to VH.        ACTION VH

13)  Electrics: Emergency lighting test procedure to be done at each meeting. Done  .     ACTION: ALL

14)  Gas  Propane cylinders.   VH had returned empty cylinders.

15)  Toilet Works/Ramps:  All complete and paid for, except the inner ramp which was on order.  The work was inspected and looked very good.  SA was thanked for his work.  JR had the forms to report completion back to the grant body and would complete them.       ACTION JR

16)  Changing Rooms:  VH volunteered to take down the ceiling, FH to fix roof leak & replace, VH to redecorate.  It was agreed not to paint the floor but to leave it as bare concrete, able to take the boot banging.      ACTION VH

17)  Paint Window Sills.

18)  Hedges had been cut.  Thanks to JR & Marg for clearing up.

FINANCE

19)  Financial Report :-see attached. 

20)  Cricket Social Club contribution to the insurance had been received.

21)   The Lease DP to review new version.  All agreed it needs to be simple.       ACTION VH/SA/CP

22)  Letter to PC re grant - done               

FUND RAISING:

23)  Bonus Club winners for Jan were Cathy Cudmore and Jane Elliott.

24)  Race night. on hold

25)  Burns Night .A complete success.

a)      Wine – Leftover wine was bought by SA & FOLS at cost

b)      Beer – Not yet invoiced

c)      Other drinks – Leftovers: DP water, Whisky kept for next year by DP.

d)      Candles – Now stored in rec shed.

e)      The plan had been modified for next year and was agreed.

ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

26)  Safety Inspection: VH completed each week in Dec/Jan.      ACTION: VH

27)  Report for Parish Mag      ACTION: DP

28)  Alarm Testing: Due in November 2005, sponsored by LJH.  Find TDI tel no.       ACTION: DP

29)  Grants: Grant from Gloria Caywood.  Try again later?

30)  Charity return 2005 return received.       ACTION: DP

31)  Date of next MEETING      :        7.30pm    22 Mar 2006

Post Meeting Note. Leigh Crafter, captain of the 2nd eleven, has agreed to join the committee, after being approached by JR.

Distribution:            Parish Council                                     Vicky Higgins (Chair)

Caroline Peat (Treasurer/WI)             David Mears (Elected)

Steve Willis (Cricket Social)              Steve Anderson (Parish Council)

David Pattison (Secretary                   Leigh Crafter

Jan & Anne Robson (honorary helpers!)

 

-------------------------------------------------------------  Chairman

 

------------------------------------------------------------  Treasurer