LEIGH ON MENDIP RECREATION FIELD MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

MINUTES OF MEETING

DATE: 3 May 2006 Commenced: 7.30pm

Present: Vicky Higgins

David Pattison

Steve Anderson

Caroline Peat

Leigh Crafter

...................................................................................................................

1)      Apologies for Absence: Steve Willis, Dave Mears.

2)      Leigh was welcomed to the committee.

3)      Previous Minutes: Minutes for meeting 22 Mar 06 were agreed and signed.

4)      Football: The season has finished. The Angel pub team will be confirming that they wish to play at Leigh again next year, and the boys team also wishes to use our pitch again.

5)      A Hiring agreement is not a requirement, but good practice. VH to investigate, low priority. ACTION:VH

6)      Cricket Club: VH would speak to SW about the one remaining mower in the clubhouse. ACTION:VH

7)      LC will talk to Barry about a contribution to LOMRFMC from lettings of the cricket pitch. ACTION:LC

8)      The CC had asked about sharing the cost (approx 80) of a chain harrow to smooth the football pitch. To be negotiated alongside previous item.

JOBS

9)      Grounds Maintenance:. One big tree to come down (in the Autumn?) ACTION:VH

10)  Benches: Oiling Rota shown on attached table.

11)  Asbestos Act (May 2004) Holes above ceiling tiles should be sealed. ACTION: DP

12)  Bollards. After considering the safety implications for cricketers, It was agreed that a 4 ft high fence, 2 rails on 6 ft posts, would be appropriate, with removable section. Posts not to have sharp projecting tops. SA to price materials. ACTION: SA

13)  Playground Safety Inspection. Wickstead had submitted their report, which was considered point by point. There were no high risk items. It was assessed that most medium and low risk items would be removed by normal maintenance or had been generated by new standards created after the equipment was built and would be removed by replacement of equipment (eg chains) as they wore out. Actions agreed:

a)      DM was volunteered to keep the painting programme going. ACTION:VH

b)      Seed wear area. Check out gates. Update signs as per report. ACTION: DP

14)  Spoil Heap: LC to try Eddie Gould. ACTION:VH

15)  Soft landing area. First quote unaffordable. Seeking another. ACTION VH

16)  Electrics: Emergency lighting test procedure to be done at each meeting. Done . ACTION: ALL

17)  Toilet Works/Ramps: All complete.

18)  Changing Rooms: Ceiling - new plasterboard taped, sealed and redecorated. Roof leak not completely fixed. ACTION VH

19)  Paint Window Sills. Summer job

FINANCE

20)  Financial Report :-see attached.

21)  The Lease DP to review new version. All agreed it needs to be simple. ACTION VH/SA/CP

FUND RAISING:

22)  April Bonus Club winners were John & Kate Coles and Drew & Rosine Houston.

23)  Race night. on hold

ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

24)  Safety Inspection: VH completed each week in Feb/Mar. ACTION: VH

25)  Report for Parish Mag ACTION: DP

26)  Alarm Testing: Due in November 2005, sponsored by LJH. VH had rung TDI a few times and awaits a response. ACTION: VH

27)  Grants: Grant from Gloria Caywood. Try again later?

28)  Charity return 2005 return received. ACTION: DP

29)  FAIR

a)      Insurance DP had asked the brokers to check the coverage. Looks OK. Passed to JR. Games etc run by Non-volunteers must have their own insurance.

b)      Post meeting note Leigh CC are not playing at home that day.

c)      LC will check alcohol licence with CC ACTION: LC

d)      Rota for gate duties VH to ask JR to complete. ACTION: VH

30)  MONTHLY CHECK LIST Draft report and present at Annual Parish meeting 15 May. ACTION: DP

31)  Date of next MEETING : 7.30pm 7 June 2006

Distribution: Parish Council Vicky Higgins (Chair)

Caroline Peat (Treasurer/WI) David Mears (Elected)

Steve Willis (Cricket Social) Steve Anderson (Parish Council)

David Pattison (Secretary Leigh Crafter

Jan & Anne Robson (honorary helpers!)

 


 

Financial Report as at 07/05/2006

 

 

 

 

 

Balances b/fwd

 

22/03/2006

 

 

 

Current Account

 

2,831.10

 

 

Building Society

 

919.75

 

 

Cash

 

20.90

3,771.75

 

 

 

 

 

Receipts

 

 

 

 

 

Boat Parking Fee

 

20.00

 

 

Parish Council grant

 

300.00

 

 

Football fees

 

70.00

 

 

Burns Night adjustment

 

1.33

 

 

Hire of club house

 

7.50

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

398.83

 

 

 

 

 

Expenditure

 

 

 

 

 

Bonus Club Draw Apr

 

40.00

 

 

Changing room refurbishment

 

177.39

 

 

Gutter repairs

 

21.87

 

 

Wicksteed inspection

 

47.00

 

 

 

 

 

286.26

 

 

 

 

3,884.32

 

 

 

 

 

Balances c/fwd

 

07/05/2006

 

 

 

Current Account

 

2,935.54

 

 

Building Society

 

919.75

 

 

Cash

 

29.03

3,884.32

 

 

 

 

 

Ring fenced money:

 

 

 

 

 

Bonus Club Draw

 

280.00

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

280.00