LEIGH ON MENDIP RECREATION FIELD MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

MINUTES OF MEETING             

DATE: 7 June 2006                Commenced: 7.30pm

Present:                                  Vicky Higgins, David Pattison, Steve Anderson, Caroline Peat

Leigh Crafter , Dave Mears

................................................................................................................……………………………...

1)      Apologies for Absence:  Steve Willis

2)      Previous Minutes: Minutes for meeting 3 May 06 were agreed and signed.

3)      Football:  A Hiring agreement is not a requirement, but good practice.  VH to investigate, low priority.      ACTION:VH

4)      Cricket Club: The Mower had been removed from the clubhouse.       

5)      LC had raised the possibility of a contribution to LOMRFMC from lettings of the cricket pitch, but the CC felt that their maintenance of the playing area was sufficient. It was agreed to create a Hiring Agreement.      ACTION:VH/CP

6)      The CC had asked about sharing the cost (approx £80) of a chain harrow to smooth the football pitch.  To be negotiated alongside previous item.

7)      LC confirmed that an alcohol licence exists.  Summary sheet to be displayed.      ACTION: LC

JOBS

8)      Grounds Maintenance:. One big tree to come down (in the Autumn?)      ACTION:VH

9)      Benches:  Oiling Rota shown on attached table. 3 of 9 done.

10)  Asbestos Act (May 2004)  Holes above ceiling tiles should be sealed.      ACTION: DP

11)  Fence. SA had priced a 4 ft high fence, 2 rails on 5ft 6in posts.  Total cost was about £150 plus a bollard at about £105.  It was agreed to go ahead.  SA/DM to buy the posts and rails after the fκte.  Work to be done at evening work parties.      ACTION: SA/DM

12)  Playground Safety Inspection.

a)      DM to keep the painting programme going.       ACTION:VH

b)      Seed wear area.  Check out gates.  Update signs as per report.      ACTION: DP

13)  Spoil Heap: LC to try Eddie Gould.      ACTION:VH

14)  Soft landing area. First quote unaffordable.  Seeking another.        ACTION: VH

15)  Electrics: Emergency lighting test procedure to be done at each meeting. Done  .     ACTION: ALL

16)  Roof leak:  Still not fixed.  It was agreed to review the asbestos report done earlier and seek a roofer.      ACTION: DP

17)  Paint Window Sills. Late summer job

FINANCE

18)  Financial Report :-Very few transactions, none large.  Balance now 3894.32 

19)  The Lease DP to review new version.  All agreed it needs to be simple.       ACTION VH/SA/CP

FUND RAISING:

20)  May Bonus Club winners were Alison & John  Wright and Rob & Vanessa Moore.  June winners Clive & June Featherstone and Ray Corp.

21)  Race night: on hold

ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

22)  Safety Inspection: VH completed each week in Apr/ May.      ACTION: VH

23)  Report for Parish Mag  To include a  call for grass cutting volunteers      ACTION: DP

24)  Alarm Testing: Arranged for Fri 16 June.      ACTION: VH

25)  Grants: Grant from Gloria Caywood.  Try again later?  Roof?

26)  Charity return 2005 return received and nearly completed on line.       ACTION: DP

27)  Concern had been reported about the use of the car park, including at night.  It was agreed to inform Paul Emery.      ACTION: SA

28)  FAIR JR went through all the jobs required.

a)      Insurance A further letter is required.       ACTION: DP

b)      Rota for gate duties –JR had completed.      ACTION: VH

29)  Date of next MEETING      :       19 July 2006


Oiling Benches 2006

 

 

Bench

Number on map

“volunteer”

Notes (at 7/6/06)

Parish Council

1

VH

Done

Evergreens

2

CP

 

Jubilee

3

SA

Done

Cricket Club

4

DP

 

Griffin Moore

5

FH

Done

Concrete

6

DM

If any work needed

Alan McLaren

7

J&A

Have oil now

Fete 1997

8

DM

 

Playground

9

LC

 

 

NB  Scrape / sand off droppings etc, brush / wipe on oil, leave WET PAINT notice.