LEIGH ON MENDIP RECREATION FIELD MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

MINUTES OF MEETING             

DATE: 10 Aug 2006              Commenced: 7.30pm

Present:          Vicky Higgins, David Pattison, Caroline Peat, Dave Mears, Steve Willis, Leigh Crafter, Steve Anderson

................................................................................................................……………………………...

1)      Apologies for Absence:  Nil !!

2)      Previous Minutes: Minutes for meeting 7 June 2006 were agreed and signed.

3)      Football:  VH had drafted a Hiring Agreement.   It still needed some work including sections on child protection, location of accident book.  The accident book was found.  DP to comment this weekend                                                                                                             ACTION:DP/VH/CP

4)      The Angel are not playing any more.  Three teams want to play next season :

a)      Frome Town              Sat am

b)      Frome Town Boys     Sun pm

c)      Griffin Inn                  Sun am

5)      There was concern about the ability of the pitch to stand that much play, and the state of the cricket outfield.  It was agreed

a)      To write to the three teams stating that there could be no games after 1 April (giving a month to smooth out the field), and that play might have to be postponed in wet weather.                                                                                      ACTION:VH

b)      To buy a chain harrow at about £80 to help smooth the field, to be funded by the RFMC and stored by the Cricket Club           ACTION SW/LC

6)      Cricket Club: There would be a separate Hiring Agreement.                                       ACTION:SW

7)      SW stated that further hiring of the pitch were not envisaged.

8)      The Cricket Club had been using mole traps on the field.  It was agreed that the traps in use are potentially hazardous to children  and should not be used in a playing field.  The need to control moles was generally agreed, albeit there is also concern about cruelty.  The CC will have to find another way.   

9)      The wire around the pitch was also agreed to be a hazard, especially since a girl had been hurt at fete day 2 years ago.  Tape is too fragile.  The CC would find a way to make the barrier more visible.

ACTION SW/LC

JOBS

10)  Grounds Maintenance:. One big tree to come down (in the Autumn?)                       ACTION:VH

11)  Benches:  Oiling Rota shown on attached table. 8 of 9 done.  DP to pass the oil to LC, who will do the last one.    ACTION: DP/LC

12)  Asbestos Act (May 2004)  Holes above ceiling tiles should be sealed.  Holes are much bigger than expected and will need considerable work and some expense.                                                                                                                            ACTION: DP

13)  Fence. SA/DM will buy the posts and rails.  It was agreed that they would investigated gates and buy if less than £200.  Work to be done at evening work parties.                                                                                                                         ACTION: SA/DM

14)  Playground Safety Inspection.

a)      DM to get the paint from Jan and keep the touch-up programme going.                   ACTION:DM

b)      Seed wear area.  Check out gates.  Update signs as per report.                              ACTION: DP

15)  Spoil Heap: LC to try Eddie Gould.                                                                       ACTION:LC/SW

16)  Soft landing area. On hold pending village survey result..                                            ACTION: VH

17)  Electrics: Emergency lighting test procedure to be done at each meeting. Done  .    ACTION: ALL

18)  Roof leak: Fixed by Bob Scott for £30. 

19)  Paint Window Sills. VH volunteered but could not remove grilles.  DP offered to help if poss.

FINANCE

20)  Financial Report :-See attached.  In good shape.

 

21)   The Lease.  Ty Schlechter will transpose to simple English.  DP to pass to SA.      ACTION: DP

FUND RAISING:

22)  July Bonus Club winners were Roger & Ann Orpwood and Vicky Taylor.  August winners were Jan & Ty Schlechter and Mick Crispin.

23)  The hall was booked for Burns night on 27 January.

24)   It was agreed that other fund raising was low priority.

ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

25)  Safety Inspection: VH completed each week in June/July.                                          ACTION: VH

26)  Report for Parish Mag  Previous report had gained a grass cutting volunteer – thanks to Peter Westcombe for sharing the load.                ACTION: DP

27)  Alarm Testing:  Completed on 16 June.

28)  Grants: Grant from Gloria Caywood.  Try again later?  Roof?

29)  Charity return 2005 return received and completed on line.

30)  Use of the car park, including at night. in the absence of PCSO Paul Emery (Sickness and Holiday) SA had informed our Beat Manager, PC Dean Hamilton who had promised passing attention

31)  FAIR Next year’s will be on 16 June.  SW was aware and LC agreed to inform the fixtures person.                                    ACTION: LC

32)  With JR potentially leaving the committee it was agreed to seek another rep.  DP to approach Chris Cudmore.                     ACTION: DP

33)  It was suggested that some pictures of the rec should be on the website.                        ACTION: CP

34)  VH requested agreement to leaving two boats on the empty path, rather than one, for a short period.  This was agreed.  VH volunteered to cut the hedge.

35)  Date of next MEETING :       6 September  at 7.30 pm


 

Financial Report as at 10/08/2006

 

 

 

 

 

Balances  b/fwd

 

07/05/2006

 

 

 

Current Account

 

 £  2,935.54

 

 

Building Society

 

 £     919.75

 

 

Cash

 

 £       29.03

 £ 3,884.32

 

 

 

 

 

Receipts

 

 

 

 

 

Village Fair ins cont

 

 £       50.00

 

 

Boat storage May - July

 

 £       30.00

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 £       80.00

 

 

 

 

 

Expenditure

 

 

 

 

 

Bonus Club Draw May - July

 

 £     120.00

 

 

Keys cut & petrol

 

 £       35.48

 

 

Security system service

 

 £     117.50

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 £    272.98

 

 

 

 

 £ 3,691.34

 

 

 

 

 

Balances c/fwd

 

10/08/2006

 

 

 

Current Account

 

 £  2,768.04

 

 

Building Society

 

 £     919.75

 

 

Cash

 

 £         3.55

 £ 3,691.34

 

 

 

 

 

Ring fenced money:

 

 

 

 

 

Bonus Club Draw

 

 £     160.00

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 £    160.00

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Oiling Benches 2006

 

Bench

Number on map

“volunteer”

Notes (at 29/7/06)

Parish Council

1

VH

Done

Evergreens

2

CP

Done

Jubilee

3

SA

Done

Cricket Club

4

DP

Done

Griffin Moore

5

FH

Done

Concrete

6

DM

Done

Alan McLaren

7

J&A

Done

Fete 1997

8

DM

Done

Playground

9

LC

 

 

NB  Scrape / sand off droppings etc, brush / wipe on oil, leave WET PAINT notice.   

Frank has offered his generator if you have an orbital sander which runs on less that 750 Watts.

I have the oil now, including a new full tin.