DATE: 14 March 2007        Commenced: 7.30pm

Present:          Vicky Higgins, David Pattison, Caroline Peat,


1)      Apologies for Absence: Dave Mears

2)      Previous Minutes: Minutes of meetings on 3 Jan, 28 Jan and 26 Feb were agreed and signed.

Football:  All going well

3)      To buy a chain harrow at about £80, funded by the RFMC and stored by CC         ACTION SW/LC

Cricket Club: 

4)      Drafting of a Hiring Agreement.  DP to write down a set of principles.                           ACTION: DP

5)      Cricket Club to make the wire round the pitch more visible in a permanent way.  ACTION LC/SW


6)      Grounds Maintenance:. One big tree to come down (in the Autumn?)                       ACTION:VH

7)      Benches:  LC to pass oil back to DP for storage.                                                        ACTION: LC

8)      Asbestos Act (May 2004)  Holes above ceiling tiles should be sealed.                   ACTION: on hold

9)      Playground Safety Inspection. Gates.  Some repairs needed (some screws had come adrift).  Update signs as per report.                                                                                                                               ACTION: DP

10)  Spoil Heap: LC to try Eddie Gould.                                                                       ACTION:LC/SW

11)  Soft landing area. On hold.                                                                                        ACTION: VH

12)  Electrics: Emergency lighting test procedure to be done at each meeting. Done  .    ACTION: ALL

13)  Boiler Service Still waiting for Ben White to contact us, when the service is due.

14)  Hedge Cutting completed by Alan Bristow.  CP to thank Gerald Jeanes for his sponsorship.

                                                                                                                                         ACTION: CP

15)  Floor tiles.  Procured, waiting on adhesive.                                                                 ACTION: DP

16)  Standing item – check jobs list.  No new items


17)  Financial Report :-See attached.  In good shape.  CAP designated funds are identified as such.

18)  Richard Blunden has audited 2006 accounts. It was agreed to buy him a small gift.   ACTION: CP

19)  It was agreed not to pursue internet banking because it is not possible to have a 2 signature rule, which is necessary for transparency of probity.

20)  It was agreed to write to the Parish council seeking funding for a lockable cupboard, cutlery, crockery and games for the ALC.                                                                                                                                ACTION: VH

21)  The Lease.  Waiting for the PC solicitor.  It was agreed that we would also need a solicitor.                                         ACTION: CP


22)  March Bonus Club winners were Matt & Catherine Bennett and Graham & Yvonne Hughes.

23)  The Race night is on track.  It was agreed to create a Regular Giving Form.                  ACTION: CP


24)  H&S Policy.  To be reviewed and signed.                                                                   ACTION: DP

25)  Equality Policy.  Agreed and signed.

26)  Child Protection Policy  In place.

27)  Safety Inspection: VH completed each week in Dec, Jan & Feb.                               ACTION: VH

28)  Report for Parish Mag                                                                                             ACTION DP

29)  Grants: Grant from Gloria Caywood.  Try again later?

30)  FAIR   Next year’s will be on 16 June. VH to attend next meeting.                              ACTION: VH

31)  It was suggested that some pictures of the rec should be on the website.                       ACTION: CP

32)  DP to pursue a possible grant to lay the hedge.                                                             ACTION: DP


33)  It was agreed that the following had been agreed at the November meeting and omitted from the minutes:

“It was agreed by the committee to progress the CAP and to pursue grants as appropriate.  A CAP sub-committee was created to do the work.”

34)  The membership of the CAP sub-committee now consists of Graham Harris (chair), DP (sec), CP (treasurer), VH, Rose Martin, Trevor Wells and Alf Smith.

35)  The committee has authority to manage the CAP project, to manage the new CAP Bank Account and to expend CAP funds.  The CAP was authorised to commit the RFMC to expenditure not exceeding CAP funds plus £3000.

36)  It was agreed that Graham Harris can act on behalf of the CAP sub-committee in respect of grant applications, as chair of the sub-committee.

37)  It was agreed to fund the hire of tables and chairs for the first ALC from RFMC funds.

38)  Date of next MEETINGS           :   The AGM on 18 April at 7:30 at the clubhouse


Financial Report as at









Balances  b/fwd






Current Account


 £  3,742.10



Building Society


 £     931.29





 £     138.73

 £ 4,812.12












Football fee


 £       35.00



Burns Night profit


 £     557.09



SCC Grant for furniture for CAP - ALC


 £  2,256.71



Age Concern Grant for CAP - ALC


 £     470.00



Donation to CAP


 £     500.00



Boat storage


 £       30.00






 £ 3,848.80












Bonus Club Draw Jan - Mar


 £     120.00





 £         2.62



STSD membership


 £       50.00



Furniture for CAP - ALC


 £  2,256.71



Hand massage for CAP - ALC


 £       45.00






 £ 2,474.33





 £ 6,186.59






Balances c/fwd






Current Account


 £  5,244.19



Building Society


 £     931.29





 £       11.11

 £ 6,186.59






Ring fenced money:






Bonus Club Draw


 £     280.00





 £     500.00





 £     425.00






 £ 1,205.00