LEIGH ON MENDIP RECREATION FIELD MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

MINUTES OF MEETING

DATE: 16 May 2007        Commenced: 7.30pm

Present:          Vicky Higgins, David Pattison, Caroline Peat

                        Graham Harris, Rose Martin & Alf Smith also attended for the first 2 items

................................................................................................................……………………………...

1)      Apologies for Absence: Dave Mears

2)      New Charitable Objects:  The “Objects” of the RFMC charity need to be updated to reflect what we want to do under the CAP.  The Charity Commission had provided a set of 30 example Objects, and DP had selected and edited a set for the RFMC.  The draft was discussed and amended.  It was agreed not to ask the CC to act as Custodian Trustee.  The new draft would be circulated for agreement before sending back to the CC.                      ACTION: DP

3)      Previous Minutes: Minutes of meetings on 14 Mar were agreed and signed.

4)      It was agreed that in future members would suggest agenda items for subjects not on the existing minutes and the secretary would produce an agenda for the chair’s agreement.                                            ACTION: ALL

Football:  A good season now finished and all paid up. 

5)      Tony Seviour’s team will play again next season.

6)      The Griffen Inn team would like to play only part of the season, but this was not agreed.

7)      The Frome Boy’s team are also likely to want another season.

Cricket Club: 

8)      Drafting of a Hiring Agreement. The structure was discussed. This is now more urgent.  

DP to write down a set of principles.                                                                      ACTION: DP

9)      CP/VH to endeavour to get more financial data from the CC and CSC.                   ACTION: CP/VH

10)  Cricket Club had replaced the wire round the pitch with orange rope, but it was considered that flags are still necessary.        ACTION LC/SW

11)  There was some unhappiness with the state of the outfield at the start of the cricket season, due to the failure to procure a harrow and the dry weather.

12)  To buy a chain harrow at about £80, funded by the RFMC and stored by CC         ACTION SW/LC

JOBS

13)  Grounds Maintenance:. One big tree to come down (in the Autumn?)                       ACTION:VH

14)  Benches:  VH has the oil.   New oiling rota required.  VH will do the 2 nearest.      ACTION: DP

15)  Playground Safety Inspection. New report received.  One Med/High importance item – new bark required.  Contact data passed over.                                                                                                              ACTION: VH Gates.  Some repairs done. Signs updated.                                                                                              ACTION: DP

16)  Spoil Heap: LC to try Eddie Gould.                                                                       ACTION:LC/SW

17)  Electrics: Emergency lighting test procedure to be done at each meeting. Done  .    ACTION: ALL

18)  Boiler Service Done.  Report says :

a)      New hoses required.  Frank will do it.                                                                    ACTION: VH

b)      we need to move the bottles outside.  It was agreed to seek confirmation.               ACTION: CP

19)  Hedge Cutting CP to thank Gerald Jeanes for his sponsorship.                                   ACTION: CP

20)  Floor tiles.  Procured, waiting on adhesive.                                                                 ACTION: DP

21)  Standing item – check jobs list.  Annual Parish Meeting                                            ACTION: VH

FINANCE

22)  Financial Report :-See attached.  In good shape.  CAP designated funds are shown in a separate table.

23)  It was agreed to transfer  CAP designated funds to the new CAP account (which has the same signatories as the main account) and a cheque was signed.

24)  A cheque was signed to pay the solicitor for the lease work.                                         ACTION: CP

25)  It was agreed to register and claim for Gift Aid, CP being the Authorised Nominee.                                                                                                                              ACTION: CP/DP/VH

26)  It was agreed to register to receive Income Tax Repayments.                                       ACTION: CP

27)  It was agreed to investigate

28)  It was agreed to investigate internet banking on a view only basis.                                 ACTION: CP

29)  It was agreed to investigate a high interest account, eg National Savings.                       ACTION: CP

30)  A lockable cupboard had been bought.  It was agreed to buy crockery and cutlery for the ALC.                        ACTION: CP

31)  The Lease.  Now finalised and received.  We would have to register the lease.  CP to establish costs and whether we need to wait until after the land is registered (being done by PC).  It was agreed to pay the first year’s rent (£1).       ACTION: CP

FUND RAISING:

32)  April  Bonus Club winners were Ray Corp and Clive and June Featherstone; May Dan & Sarah Middle and Maurice & Joan White.

33)  The Race Night was a success.  Treasure Hunt is on 22 June.                                     

ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

34)  H&S Policy.  To be reviewed and converted to action list.                                           ACTION: DP

35)  Safety Inspection: VH completed each week in March and April.                              ACTION: VH

36)  Report for Parish Mag                                                                                             ACTION DP

37)  Grants: Grant from Gloria Caywood.  Try again later?

38)  FAIR Will be on 16 June.  Volunteers for Knock up/down, Gate and Game rotas required.                                          ACTION: VH

39)  It was suggested that some pictures of the rec should be on the website.                       ACTION: CP

40)  Date of next MEETING :                13 June  at 7:30 at the clubhouse


 

Financial Report as at

 

16/05/2007

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Balances  b/fwd

 

14/03/2007

 

 

 

Current Account

 

 £  5,244.19

 

 

Building Society

 

 £     931.29

 

 

Cash

 

 £       11.11

 £ 6,186.59

 

 

 

 

 

Receipts

 

 

 

 

 

Football hire

 

 £     195.00

 

 

Race Night profit

 

 £     670.36

 

 

Revenue ALC (2) & (3)

 

 £     116.00

 

 

Building Society interest

 

 £       12.96

 

 

Donation to CAP

 

 £  1,000.00

 

 

Boat storage

 

 £       20.00

 

 

Village walk proceeds to CAP

 

 £       36.43

 

 

Building hire

 

 £         7.50

 

 

 

 

 

 £ 2,058.25

 

 

 

 

 

Expenditure

 

 

 

 

 

Bonus Club Draw Apr - May

 

 £       80.00

 

 

Maintenance & Expenses

 

 £     186.25

 

 

Heater

 

 £     105.86

 

 

Buffet for CAP - ALC (1)

 

 £     150.00

 

 

Furniture hire for CAP - ALC (1)

 

 £       22.00

 

 

Buffet for CAP - ALC (2)

 

 £     120.00

 

 

Willow weaving for CAP - ALC (3)

 

 £       90.00

 

 

Food for CAP - ALC (3)

 

 £       26.14

 

 

 

 

 

 £    780.25

 

 

 

 

 £ 7,464.59

 

 

 

 

 

Balances c/fwd

 

16/05/2007

 

 

 

Current Account

 

 £  6,516.24

 

 

Building Society

 

 £     944.25

 

 

Cash

 

 £         4.10

 £ 7,464.59

 

 

 

 

 

Ring fenced money:

 

 

 

 

 

Bonus Club Draw

 

 £     200.00

 

 

CAP

 

 £  1,536.43

 

 

CAP - ALC

 

 £     132.86

 

 

 

 

 

 £ 1,869.29

 


Leigh on Mendip Community Activity Project (CAP)

including CAP and Active Living Centre (ALC) monies

 

 

 

Date

 

Details

Income

Expenditure

Current

Cash

ALC grant

CAP grant

Donation

Revenue

ALC

CAP

Account

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

27-Feb

SCC grant for furniture

 £2,256.71

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

14-Mar

Furniture cost

 

 

 

 

 £2,256.71

 

 

 

14-Mar

Age Concern grant ALC

 £   470.00

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

14-Mar

Donation to CAP

 

 

£   500.00

 

 

 

 

 

14-Mar

Activity ALC(1)

 

 

 

 

 £     45.00

 

 

 

23-Mar

Food ALC(1)

 

 

 

 

 £   150.00

 

 

 

15-Apr

Furniture hire ALC(1)

 

 

 

 

 £     22.00

 

 

 

15-Apr

Food ALC(2)

 

 

 

 

 £   120.00

 

 

 

15-Apr

Revenue ALC(2)

 

 

 

 £   40.00

 

 

 

 

29-Apr

Donation to CAP

 

 

 £1,000.00

 

 

 

 

 

12-May

Walk proceeds to CAP

 

 

£     36.43

 

 

 

 

 

12-May

Revenue ALC(3)

 

 

 

 £   76.00

 

 

 

 

12-May

Activity ALC(3)

 

 

 

 

 £     90.00

 

 

 

12-May

Food ALC(3)

 

 

 

 

 £     26.14

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

13-May

Totals to date

 £2,726.71

 

 £1,536.43

£ 116.00

 £2,709.85

 

 

 

16-May

Transfer from LMRFMC income - expenditure

 

 

 

 

 

 

 £1,669.29