LEIGH ON MENDIP RECREATION FIELD MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

MINUTES OF MEETING

DATE: 15 Aug 2007        Commenced: 8.00pm

Present:          Vicky Higgins, David Pattison, Caroline Peat

................................................................................................................……………………………...

1)      Apologies for Absence:

2)      Rose Martin has been appointed by the Parish Council as a member of the RFMC.

COMMUNITY ACTIVITY PROJECT (GH briefed the committee)

3)      Planning application GH needs it back to take a copy.                                               ACTION: DP CH needs a copy of the covering letter                                                                                                  ACTION: GH

4)      Calor Village of the Year Competition  The committee is giving a presentation to Calor on Wed 22 Aug from 6.30 to 830pm.  DP and VH are not available.  GH to lead, with support from Chris Cudmore and Gill Harry.  Need photos of cricket and football.                                                                                                           ACTION: CH

5)      Computing Equipment  The grant cheque is through and the equipment ordered on the internet by GH.  GH will bid for other equipment when appropriate.  The BT line and ISP need to be organised                          ACTION: DP

6)      VAT. A decision on registration is needed soon.  CH to investigate implications.      ACTION: CH

7)      Local Network Fund Bid.  It was agreed to bid for topping up the bark (£650), new seats for the swings (£77 + 2* £24 + VAT=£147) and a target panel (£850 max).  GH needs letter explaining the need for seats                      ACTION: VH

8)      Youth  The SRYP have given up, since no-one turned up again. It was agreed to try a scheme for 8-12 yr olds and to buy a Wii.  2 possible volunteers had come forward.

9)      Path  Need 3 competitive bids for the fine (say 6mm to dust) gravel.                            ACTION: DP

10)  Paint  There are several opportunities to bid for paint.  Need to select a non toxic one from B&Q and work out how much is needed (for 172 sq m)                                                                                           ACTION: DP

11)  GH will need help with getting data on current recreation use in Leigh.  Need to approach potential candidates with analytical skills eg DNP, DJ                                                                                           ACTION: DP/CP

12)  ALC would be easier if the Ladies sign on the disables toilet door was replaced by a simple toilet sign                ACTION: VH?

13)  Charity Commission: The Charity Commission had responded to our 2nd draft with a much better version.  A minor change had been proposed back, and they had now come back with a draft “Scheme”, which is effectively a new constitution.  Some amendments were agreed for response to the Charity Commission.       ACTION: DP

GH left the meeting

14)  Agenda: No new actions had been proposed.                                                              ACTION: ALL

Football: New rules have been introduced which require:

15)  All hooks to be removed from goalposts                                                                      ACTION:FH

16)  The Griffen Inn team had not got back to us.

Cricket Club: 

Members agreed to respond in writing to a 1st Draft of a Hiring Agreement.                        ACTION: DP

17)  Cricket Club had replaced the wire round the pitch with orange rope, but it was considered that flags are still necessary.        ACTION LC/SW

18)  To buy a chain harrow at about £80, funded by the RFMC and stored by CC         ACTION SW/LC

JOBS

19)  Grounds Maintenance:. One big tree to come down (in the Autumn?)                       ACTION:VH

20)  Benches:  JR has the oil.  To be asked to pass it to CP.  Rota attached                       ACTION: DP

21)  Gates still need repair..                                                                                               ACTION: DP

22)  Spoil Heap: LC to try Eddie Gould.                                                                       ACTION:LC/SW

23)  Boiler

a)      New hoses required.  Frank will do it.                                                                    ACTION: VH

b)      We need to move the bottles outside.  It was agreed to seek confirmation.              ACTION: CP

24)  Floor tiles.  Most done.  To be completed.                                                                 ACTION: DP

25)  Standing item – check jobs list.   It was agreed to increase the liability on the insurance to £5M next time around        ACTION: DP

26)  Frank has renewed the small gate.  It was agreed to reimburse the costs.

FINANCE

27)  Financial Report :-In good shape.  Recent statement attached.  Current balances:

a)      Current          £6184

b)      Cash              £140 

c)      Building Soc  £944

28)  Gift Aid Registration.  Done, some money received.                                            ACTION: CP/VH

29)  It was agreed to register to receive Income Tax Repayments.                                       ACTION: CP

30)  It was agreed to investigate a high interest account, eg National Savings.                       ACTION: CP

31)  The Lease. DP to progress registering the lease, using our solicitor.                             ACTION: DP

FUND RAISING:

32)  Bonus Club winners were

a)      July          David & Joan Pattison and Steve & Sandrine Gumm

b)      August     Ken & Tina Johnson and Peter & Mavis Knowles

33)  Ask a Morris side to perform on 8 March                                                                    ACTION: DP

HEALTH AND SAFETY

34)  H&S Policy.  To be reviewed and converted to action list.  Draft action list attached for comment.  This new list of agenda items is a result of this work                                                                                    ACTION: ALL

a)      A lady tripped badly outside the main door last week.  Edge of path to be painted white.                                         ACTION: DP

35)  Safety Inspection: VH completed each week in June.                                                ACTION: VH

36)  Electrics: Emergency lighting test procedure to be done at each meeting. Done  .    ACTION: ALL

37)  Create H&S Notice for clubnouse                                                                           ACTION: DP

38)  Review Accident Book at each meeting  Done                                                           ACTION: DP

39)  Hazard Assessment                                                                                             ACTION: DP/VH

40)  Fire To get a Fire Safety handbook                                                                             ACTION: CP

ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

41)  Report for Parish Mag  Mention dogs!                                                                     ACTION DP

42)  Grants: Grant from Gloria Cawood.  Try again later?

43)  It was suggested that some pictures of the rec should be on the website.                       ACTION: CP

44)  Date of next MEETING :                ……………. at 7:30 at the clubhouse


 

Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

 

Health & Safety Action Grid

 

This document is developed from the Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee (LRFMC) H&S Policy, and aims to set out the actions we will carry out in order to satisfy the policy.

 

 

POLICY

ACTION

BY

1        Design for safety

Use appropriately qualified people to design and install equipment.

Committee

2        Maintain for safety

Retain & comply with equipment maintenance instructions.

 

Safety related maintenance work to be identified and each activity included in “Committee Job Description” (CJD), which is to be reviewed at each LRFMC meeting.

Sec

 

 

Sec

3        Safe handling and storage

Safety of Handling and storage arrangements to be reviewed when changes are made and biannually in July of odd years (in CJD).

Committee

4        Safety information & instructions

Significant hazards to be accompanied by notices:

Playground

Gas Boiler

 

Equipment user instructions to be retained & complied with

Health & Safety Officer (H&SO)

 

 

Sec

5        Safety training & supervision

Suitably qualified/experienced people to carry out safety related work.

Committee

6        Periodic Survey

Weekly inspection of playground for hazards to be reported to every LRFMC meeting (in agenda)

 

Emergency exit signs to be tested at every LRFMC meeting (in agenda).

 

Annual professional survey of playground to be included in CJD.

 

See 3 above

Chair

 

 

 

Sec

 

 

 

H&SO

7        Policy Review

Review safety policy and this document biannually in odd years in July and after incidents, and reported to LRFMC for review (included in CJD)

H&SO

8        Volunteers & users to be:

 

reminded to act safely. 

 

informed that advice can be sought from the H&SO

 

reminded to report incidents/

defects.

H&S notice in clubhouse

H&SO

9        Incidents to be recorded in accident book

Accident Book to be kept behind bar, and reviewed at each meeting (in agenda)

H&SO

10   H&S Policy Contraventions to be reported

H&S notice in clubhouse

H&SO

11   H&S Policy to be available

H&S notice in clubhouse

H&SO

12   Risk assessments biannually

Include in CJD

H&SO

 

 

Signed

David Pattison

Health and Safety Officer

21 July 2007

 

 


Financial Report as at 16/05/2007

 

Balances  b/fwd

 

14/03/2007

 

 

 

Current Account

 

 £  5,244.19

 

 

Building Society

 

 £     931.29

 

 

Cash

 

 £       11.11

 £ 6,186.59

 

 

 

 

 

Receipts

 

 

 

 

 

Football hire

 

 £     195.00

 

 

Race Night profit

 

 £     670.36

 

 

Revenue ALC (2) & (3)

 

 £     116.00

 

 

Buiding Society interest

 

 £       12.96

 

 

Donation to CAP

 

 £  1,000.00

 

 

Boat storage

 

 £       20.00

 

 

Village walk proceeds to CAP

 

 £       36.43

 

 

Building hire

 

 £         7.50

 

 

 

 

 

 £ 2,058.25

 

 

 

 

 

Expenditure

 

 

 

 

 

Bonus Club Draw Apr - May

 

 £       80.00

 

 

Maintenance & Expenses

 

 £     186.25

 

 

Heater

 

 £     105.86

 

 

Buffet for CAP - ALC (1)

 

 £     150.00

 

 

Furniture hire for CAP - ALC (1)

 

 £       22.00

 

 

Buffet for CAP - ALC (2)

 

 £     120.00

 

 

Willow weaving for CAP - ALC (3)

 

 £       90.00

 

 

Food for CAP - ALC (3)

 

 £       26.14

 

 

 

 

 

 £    780.25

 

 

 

 

 £ 7,464.59

 

 

 

 

 

Balances c/fwd

 

16/05/2007

 

 

 

Current Account

 

 £  6,516.24

 

 

Building Society

 

 £     944.25

 

 

Cash

 

 £         4.10

 £ 7,464.59

 

 

 

 

 

Ring fenced money:

 

 

 

 

 

Bonus Club Draw

 

 £     200.00

 

 

CAP

 

 £  1,536.43

 

 

CAP - ALC

 

 £     132.86

 

 

 

 

 

 £ 1,869.29

 


Oiling Benches 2007

 

 

Bench

Number on map

“volunteer”

Notes

Parish Council

1

DP

Done

Evergreens

2

DM

Done

Jubilee

3

CP

 

Cricket Club

4

VH

Done

Griffin Moore

5

VH

Done

Concrete

6

DP

Done

Alan McLaren

7

J&A

Done

Fete 1997

8

DM

Done

Playground

9

DP

Done

 

NB  Scrape / sand off droppings, lichen etc, brush / wipe on oil, leave WET PAINT notice. Dave Pattison has teak oil.