LEIGH ON MENDIP RECREATION FIELD MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

MINUTES OF MEETING

DATE: 2 Jan 2008   Commenced: 7.30pm

Present:Vicky Higgins, David Pattison

...................................................................................................................

1)      Apologies for Absence: Caroline Harris

2)      Minutes of last meeting Since the meeting was not quorate, only urgent, non-financial business which had no long term effect was conducted. Other matters arising will be dealt with at a subsequent meeting.

3)      Charity Commission: The new Scheme had been approved by the Charity Commission and made formal. Check the procedure for making new members Trustees and implement for RM. DP stated that the Charity Commission had recommended waiting until new scheme is in place.     Held over      ACTION: DP

COMMUNITY ACTIVITY PROJECT

4)      New Building Some neighbours had attended the open day and presented alternative proposals. They had also presented proposals to the Parish Council. It was agreed to examine these proposals carefully and fairly to see which presented the best advantages to the community as a whole. Overtaken by events (we did not win the Big Lottery grant)

5)      Computing Equipment It was agreed that the Treasurer had authority to set up the direct debit with BT for the phone line. The BT line is in. It is blocked to outgoing calls except with a PIN, to avoid fraudulent use. DP had placed an order for an ISP (Plusnet), and a Direct Debit for that had been sent off, signed by two authorised people. Held over ACTION: CH

6)      VAT. The advantages and disadvantages of registration were discussed at length. CH yhad spoken to someone with experience ion a small business. The financial advantages were deemed to outweigh the difficulties and it was agreed to register for VAT. Held over ACTION: CH

7)      Play Area/Youth. The new bark is in, the new seats for the swings are in but one is damaged (VH is attempting to get the supplier to replace it), the Log train & target panel are expected early Feb (DP agreed to removed some of the wooden surround to the slide to enable fitting the train). The Wii had arrived. The screen has been installed by AS. ACTION: DP, VH

8)      Path gravel. Guy did the trench. The boards have been installed and the car park gravel moved to the new path. DP has asked DM to get 3 tonnes of 40mmm scalpings for the surface layer. DP to let in the contractors Fri evening 1700 and Sat am 0800. ACTION: DM/DP

FOOTBALL:

9)      There had been difficulties with

a)      New notice for the boiler was in place.

CRICKET CLUB:

10)  E Mail revised draft Hiring Agreement. It was agreed to comment in writing and call a special meeting if there were issues. Held over ACTION: VH

11)  Cricket Club had replaced the wire round the pitch with orange rope, but it was considered that flags are still necessary. Held over ACTION VH

JOBS

12)  Boiler

a)      We need to move the bottles outside. It was agreed to seek confirmation. Held over ACTION: CH

13)  Standing item check jobs list.

a)      Invoice Cricket/Social for use of field and insurance contribution Held over ACTION: CH

FINANCE

14)  CH had identified the Charities Aid Foundation as a high interest account with suitable internet accounts. It was agreed to open a savings account. Held over ACTION: CH

15)  It was agreed to withdraw 600 from the Stroud and Swindon in preparation. Held over

16)  The Lease. The solicitor had been asked to register the lease. ACTION: DP

17)  It was agreed to transfer 3000 (less the money already spent by RFMC on CAP) from the RFMC account to the CAP account. Held over ACTION: CH

18)  It had been confirmed that there is a TV licence for the rec building.

FUND RAISING:

19)  Bonus Club winners Held over

20)  Bonus Club 2008 registration. Done

21)  Ceilidh Held over

22)  Burns Night. See attached guest list

a)      Tickets were distributed CP 15, DP 15, VH - 40 ACTION: all

b)      Checklist

i.                     Ask SA to get 24 red & 12 White wine VH

ii.                   Balance of drink (no 6X) DP

iii.                  Ask Cricket Social for loan of glasses VH

iv.                 Food VH/CP + helpers

HEALTH AND SAFETY

23)  H&S Policy. Action list agreed. Actions to be pursued. Held over ACTION: DP

24)  Safety Inspection: VH completed each week in Nov & Dec. ACTION: VH

25)  Electrics: Emergency lighting test procedure to be done at each meeting. Done . ACTION: ALL

26)  Create H&S Notice for clubnouse. Held over ACTION: DP

27)  Review Accident Book at each meeting Done. Nil items. ACTION: DP

28)  Hazard Assessment First phase of assessment done. To be completed and written up. VH agreed to review/check. ACTION: DP/VH

29)  Fire Fire Safety handbook was passed to DP for review. Held over ACTION: DP

ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

30)  Dog fouling is still a problem. The Parish Council is taking action ACTION: VH/RM

31)  Report for Parish Mag Burns night, Barn Dance, Bonus Club ACTION DP

32)  Vulnerable Adults Policy had been sent out.

33)  Trees It was agreed that there is room for only only 4 trees, and a planting plan was agreed. DP to write to Parish Council for next meeting agenda. ACTION DP

34)  Footpath DP had responded to PC question.

35)  Fete rep. VH agreed to do it for now, subject to workload re CAP.

36)  The Parish Council / Charity law The PC were content.

37)  CAP Management Consideration of whether the CAP and RFMC committees should combine. Held over

 

38)  Date of next MEETING : 8 Jan at 7:30 at the clubhouse