Present: Vicky Higgins, David Pattison, Caroline Harris, Rose Martin
1) Apologies for Absence: Nil
2) Minutes of last meeting The minutes of the meeting held on 25 Feb 2008 were approved as accurate and signed.
3) Charity Commission: Check the procedure for making new members Trustees and implement for RM at the AGM. The process has been incorporated in the agenda.
COMMUNITY ACTIVITY PROJECT
4) Computing Equipment A wireless router had been acquired and installed.
5) VAT. The treasurer is still dealing with questions. ACTION: CH
6) A phone would be useful (the line cannot be used without a PIN number) ACTION: RM
7) RM had bid for funding (~ £800) for a lockable cabinet and play equipment (the children to choose).
8) Extension Immediately before the start of the meeting, the Parish council and RFMC had had a joint meeting to discuss the planning application to build an extension. The PC agreed the RFMC proposal set out in the planning application and accompanying drawings, and will make the application. The RFMC agreed to
a) Consult with neighbours. VH to draft a letter. ACTION: VH
b) Prioritise work on a new roof. VH to get quotes. RM to seek sponsorship. ACTION: VH/RM
9) Drains. The inspection report had been received. It was agreed that the extension project should include the fixing of the problems, as planned. ACTION: CAP
10) Licence CH will complete the forms and show members before sending off. ACTION: CH
11) DP had found no easy way of getting permission to show recordings.
12) Community Council for Somerset. It was agreed to join from 1 April. ACTION: DP
13) ECOS It was agreed to join. ACTION: CH
14) The teams have now stopped playing. Usage and hence income had been lower than expected it was decided to consider a different charging regime next season so that teams do not book the pitch and not pay for it. ACTION: VH
15) To chase payments from Permaframe and Mells.
16) Review draft Hiring Agreement. ACTION: All
17) Cricket Club had replaced the wire round the pitch with orange rope, but it was considered that flags are still necessary. VH has the material. ACTION VH
18) Gas Bottles AS and FH are constructing a cage to allow the bottles to be placed outside.
19) Standing item check jobs list. No new items
20) VH proposed painting the floor of the changing rooms. RM reported that paint was a great improvement and the cost of the paint was approved. ACTION: FH
21) Social club have yet to pay their insurance contribution ACTION: CH.VH
22) High interest account. CH investigating. ACTION: CH
23) The Lease. A letter had been received from the revenue demanding £200. DP had appealed. CH offered to get advice. ACTION: CH
24) It was agreed to transfer £3000 (less the money already spent by RFMC on CAP) from the RFMC account to the CAP account. ACTION: CH
25) The accounts for 2007 are nearly complete. The financial position is healthy.
26) Bonus Club Winners were:
Mar: Tina & Ken Johnson and Mavis & Peter Knowles
27) Ceilidh A success. The profit was £340.15. It was agreed to hold another on 4 Oct, at Nunney, where the hall is larger. It was agreed to check with the band and the hall. ACTION: CH
HEALTH AND SAFETY
28) H&S Policy. Action list agreed. Actions to be pursued. ACTION: DP
29) Safety Inspection: VH completed each week in Feb and March. Children had been throwing gravel into the bark landing area which is tedious to remove. ACTION: VH
30) The Wicksteed inspection had been ordered. ACTION: VH
31) Electrics: Emergency lighting test procedure to be done at each meeting. Done. ACTION: ALL
32) Create H&S Notice for clubhouse. Passed to CH for laminating. ACTION: CH
33) First aid box was checked and the check was added to the jobs checklist for March.
34) Review Accident Book at each meeting Done. Nil items. ACTION: DP
35) Hazard Assessment First phase of assessment done. To be completed and written up. VH & RM agreed to review/check. ACTION: DP/VH
36) Fire Fire Safety handbook with DP for review. ACTION: DP
37) The extinguisher by the changing rooms needs a bracket. ACTION: DP
ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
38) Dog fouling is still a problem. The Parish Council have put up signs.
39) Report for Parish Mag Bonus Club. ACTION DP
40) CAP Management It was agreed not to combine the CAP and RFMC committees.
41) Bins. 2 new inners had been bought. One has been fitted, the other is in store.
42) Bollard Safety The new bollard had been lifted, presumably by a child, on 1 April. There was concern that it could be a hazard if dropped, but there is no way to lock it down. It was agreed to try to find a way to lock it down. ACTION: FH
43) A booking diary had been acquired and completed for known events. Cricket and Social club events need to be added, via Barry Gould. ACTION: CH
a) CAP 9 April at 7.30 at Carolines house
b) Special RFMC to discuss the Hiring Agreement with the Cricket & Social Clubs - 21 April at the clubhouse
c) Date of next RFMC meeting:
30 April at at the clubhouse after the AGM, which is at 7.30 pm.