Present: Vicky Higgins, David Pattison, Rose Martin, Julian Back, Barry Gould, Trevor Wells
1) The committee welcomed Barry Gould as the new Treasurer, and Trevor Wells as Cricket club representative. The secretary was to arrange for the joining formalities at the next meeting, and provide the relevant paperwork. ACTION: DP
2) Apologies for Absence: Nil
3) Minutes of last meeting The minutes of the meeting held on 30 April 2008 were approved as accurate and signed.
COMMUNITY ACTIVITY PROJECT
4) A letter had been received from Caroline and Graham Harris stating that they are still forming up the ALC/Gardening Club and that they are considering other venues.
5) VAT. CH is still dealing with questions. ACTION: CH
6) RM had provided a phone.
7) Youth Club. RM had bid for funding (~ £800) for a lockable cabinet and play equipment (the children to choose). The bid has been won, but not the full amount, awaiting Parish Council decision on allocation.
8) Licence It was suggested that it may be possible to change the Cricket Club licence to a full one, in co-operation with the RFMC. BG will talk to Steve about changing to a full licence. ACTION: BG
9) ECOS It had been agreed to join – the need is now unclear. ACTION: CAP
10) Roof DP and others had completed the forms for the Somerset Aggregates Sustainability Levy and sent them in. The PC had provided a letter indication that they would donate £500 this year and £500 next year..
11) Insulating Walls. It was agreed to ask JR. ACTION: DP
12) Porch. N door access was agreed to be not suitable. DP to give VH the papers about the grant which funded the paving. ACTION: DP
13) Awards For All scheme. RM had acquired application forms for the and passed them to DP.
14) Consider a different charging regime next season so that teams do not book the pitch and not pay for it. ACTION: VH
15) TW suggested steamlining the committee structure by merging committees. It was agreed that a joint meeting should be considered, and to address the pros and cons. ACTION: All
16) Review draft Hiring Agreement. ACTION: All
17) VH had attached flags to the orange rope round the pitch, but it had since been replaced by the CC. ACTION VH
18) Gas Bottles The cage is complete and bottles moved. Thanks to Alf and Frank.
19) Oiling Benches. DP issued the rota. ACTION: DP
20) Easement RM to bring to PC attention ACTION: RM
21) Standing item – check jobs list. No new items
22) VH agreed to contact CH to arrange a hand-over to the new treasurer. ACTION: VH
23) Social club have yet to pay their insurance contribution ACTION: BG/VH
24) High interest account. On hold.
25) The Lease. A letter had been received from the revenue demanding £200. The solicitor is working on it.
26) Bonus Club Winners were:
27) Ceilidh It was agreed to go for 18 Oct. DP to get form from Nunney ACTION: RM/DP
HEALTH AND SAFETY
28) H&S Policy. Action list agreed. Actions to be pursued. ACTION: DP
29) Safety Inspection: VH completed each week in May ACTION: VH
30) The Wicksteed inspection had been done.
a) DP reported that the exclusion of dogs from the field was not necessary – we do need to remove dog ness regularly however. VH stated that she does this already as part of her Safety inspection.
b) Other important issues had been completed, ie the Train had been moved and bark built up near the slide. VH had also cut back overhanging branches close to the swings.
31) Electrics: Emergency lighting test procedure to be done at each meeting. Done. ACTION: ALL
32) Review Accident Book at each meeting Done. Nil items. ACTION: DP
33) Hazard Assessment First phase of assessment done. To be completed and written up. VH & RM agreed to review/check. ACTION: DP/VH
34) Fire Fire Safety handbook with DP for review. ACTION: DP
35) The extinguisher by the changing rooms needed a bracket. Done.
ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
36) Report for Parish Mag (Welcome new members, Bonus Club). ACTION DP
37) Booking diary To get the book from CH ACTION: VH
38) Date of next meeting: 16 July at the clubhouse at 7.30 pm.
NB Remember CAP wind-up meeting 2 July