LEIGH ON MENDIP RECREATION FIELD MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

MINUTES OF MEETING

DATE: 16 July 2008        Commenced: 7.30pm

Present:        Vicky Higgins, David Pattison, Rose Martin, Julian Back, Barry Gould

................................................................................................................……………………………...

1)      Apologies for Absence: Trevor Wells

2)      Minutes of last meeting   The 2 June 2008 minutes were approved as accurate and signed.

3)      The secretary had e-mailed copies of 4 Policy Documents, the charity scheme, the last annual report, the 2007 accounts and the minutes of the AGM to BG and TW, as new members.  BG completed the Register of Members.  TW to do so at the next meeting.                                                                                     ACTION: DP

COMMUNITY ACTIVITY PROJECT

4)      VH to get the booking diary from CH                                                                      ACTION: VH

5)      Youth Club. £800 had been bid for and won.  It is on its way via the Parish Council.  RM to get catalogues to select what to buy. VH is currently running a cash float of a few pounds, receiving Youth Club subs and buying supplies.  It was agreed that this was appropriate, and that she should keep account of the money and pass any surplus to the treasurer quarterly.                                                                                     ACTION: VH

6)      Licence The Social Club saw no problem with changing to a full licence, but details of how the bar would be run would have to be resolved.  Since we would want it only for events, this was not seen as a problem. 

PROJECTS

7)      Roof  No reply had been received from the Somerset Aggregates Sustainability Levy.  DP to enquire.                  ACTION: DP

8)      Insulating Walls.  It was agreed invite John Tolson of the Mendip Volunteer Energy Action Group and Mike Wiscombe who is a Mendip Energy Audit Advisor to come to the building and suggest a way forward.  RM to arrange a date and inform the rest of the committee.                                                 ACTION: RM

9)      Porch.  It was agreed not to pursue the porch until the relevant papers were received.

10)  Awards For All scheme.  RM had acquired application forms for the and passed them to DP.

11)  Marking Disabled bays.  DP to get paint.                                                               ACTION: DP

FOOTBALL:

12)   New charging regime.   It was agreed to offer the pitch at £35  per game if booked for 4 months (half a season) and paid for in advance, or £40 otherwise.  Monies from games where the pitch was declared unfit by the referee would be credited to the next booking.                                                                           ACTION: VH

13)  We will need a VAT invoice form                                                                           ACTION: BG

14)  Next Season  No team had yet booked the pitch.  VH to contact F&D league.             ACTION: VH

CRICKET CLUB: 

15)  Possible merger of the Cricket Club, Social,Club and RFMC.  BG agreed to raise it at the AGMs of the CC and SC.                                                                                                                                   ACTION: BG

16)  If the above was pursued, a hiring agreement with the CC would not be necessary.

17)  VH had attached flags to the orange rope round the pitch, but it had since been replaced by the CC.                    ACTION VH

 

 

JOBS

18)  Oiling Benches.  DP & RM had completed.  Oil now with VH.  More oil may be needed.                                     ACTION: DP

19)  Easement Action now with PC.

20)  Standing item – check jobs list. 

a)      Renew insurance                                                                                                  ACTION: DP

b)     Chase SCC re marking out football pitch.                                                           ACTION: VH

FINANCE

21)  VAT.  BG is preparing the first return.                                                                     ACTION: BG

22)  BG had had a handover from CH.  We need to keep copies of VAT invoices.  Regulat payments are to BT and PlusNet.

23)  Social club have yet to pay their insurance contribution                                            ACTION: BG

24)  High interest account. On hold.

25)  The Lease.

a)      Another letter had been received from the revenue re the £200. Passed to the solicitor.  DP to chase.              ACTION: DP

b)     The PC had mentioned the £1 annual rent.  BG to check it has been paid.        ACTION: BG

FUND RAISING:

26)  Bonus Club July winners were Shelagh & Roy Haywood and Emma & Phil Tomlinson.

27)  Ceilidh  

a)      Hall needs to be confirmed for 18 Oct.                                                               ACTION: RM

b)     Tickets to be designed & printed                                                                         ACTION: RM

c)      Flyers to be designed & printed                                                                          ACTION: JB

HEALTH AND SAFETY

28)  H&S Policy.  Action list agreed.  Actions to be pursued.                                         ACTION: DP

29)  Safety Inspection: VH completed each week in June                                              ACTION: VH

30)  Electrics: Emergency lighting test procedure to be done at each meeting. Done.    ACTION: DP

31)  Review Accident Book at each meeting  Done. Nil items.                                      ACTION: DP

32)  Hazard Assessment   First phase of assessment done.  To be completed and written up. VH & RM agreed to review/check.                                                                                                              ACTION: DP/VH

33)  Fire Fire Safety handbook with DP for review.                                                       ACTION: DP

34)  The PC had enquired about the safety / insurance cover of equipment kept in outbuildings.  It was confirmed that RFMC insurance and Hazard Assessment covered our equipment in our buildings, but not the cricket club shed or the equipment in it.

ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

35)  Report for Parish Mag (Bonus Club).                                                                     ACTION DP

36)  Date of next meeting:      18 August at the clubhouse at 7.30 pm.