Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee Meeting

24.11.08 started at 8.00pm

Present: Vicky Higgins, Julian Back, Trevor Wells, Rose Martin.

Apologies: David Pattison

1.      Bonus Club license - we have 2 signators – Julian Back and Trevor Wells. All those present agreed this, and Vicky Higgins is our Promoter. A copy of our minutes is to go with the license return.

Bonus Club winners for November are Peter & Mavis Knowles and Ken & Tina Johnson. They have been paid by VH.

 

2.      Roof- The old asbestos roof has been replaced with a new insulated one. RM informed the meeting that the Parish Council had given a vote of thanks for the speedy work. Guttering will be put up when the weather is suitable c/o Frank Higgins.

 

Barry Gould joined the meeting.

 

3.      Finance – A loan of £3,000 from VH has been recorded in the accounts. Guttering has also been paid for, and boat storage of £187.57 received covering up to April 2010.

Cheque for hire of the Memorial Hall was signed for the Bingo night.

Regarding our VAT return, Sarah Reynolds has reported they now have the building plans that they required. These had been previously sent but appear to have been mislaid. Things are now moving forward.

 

4.      Events- Christmas Bingo in conjunction with the Cricket Club –the Memorial Hall is booked. The hall will open at 7pm with eyes down at 7.30pm on Saturday 13th December. Cricket Club organising the door and refreshments. JB finalising flyer for distribution. BG organising a turkey voucher. Each member to bring a box of mince pies and a prize. Rec Field MC will donate a prize to the value of £25.There will be a meeting to finalise plans on Monday 8th December 8pm at the Bell.

 

5.      Barn Dance – RM to contact Nunney Hall committee. We could hold a barn dance in the Memorial Hall early in the year – possibly March. RM to contact band.

 

6.      Car Park – pile of stones have been moved and the surface levelled.

 

7.      VH has asked if anyone would volunteer to go on the Fete Committee representing Rec Field MC. There are meetings once a month. First meeting 26th January. The Fete will be on June 20th next year.  BG to liaise with Cricket Club to see if they would like to co-ordinate efforts with the RFMC.

 

8.      Checks – Emergency lighting and CO alarm tested.

 

9.      Grants - £500 received from the Parish Council. SALF say we are eligible to apply for funding next year. Application form could be looked at in January.  An invoice has been sent to SALF for reimbursement of £6,000. When received, BG will write a cheque for Apex Roofing.                                 Quotes will be pursued for electrical work.                                                    £800 received for youth club requirements from Community Partnership Fund. A record of youth club income and expenditure is being kept separately.   Other potential funding sources were discussed - JB and RM to research further to see what we might qualify for.

 

10. BG gave feedback on cricket Club AGM.

 

11. Next meeting to discuss Bingo night 8th December, 8pm at the Bell. Next RFMC meeting 12th January 7.30pm at the Rec Field.