LEIGH ON MENDIP RECREATION FIELD MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

MINUTES OF MEETING

DATE: 9 February 2009 Commenced: 7.30pm

Present:          David Pattison, Rose Martin, Barry Gould, Vicky Higgins, Trevor Wells, Julian Back

................................................................................................................……………………………..

1)      Apologies for Absence:. Nil

2)      The minutes of the 12 Jan 2009 meeting were agreed and signed.

COMMUNITY ACTIVITY PROJECT

3)      Youth Club. £670 of the Community Partnership Fund grant is still available.      ACTION: VH

4)      The 2 tables had arrived, costing £217 including VAT & delivery, funded by the £500 from Gloria Cawood’s Community Budget.  Selection/buying of chairs was delegated to                            ACTION: VH/RM

5)      Licence To be resolved after the pub situation becomes clear.

THE ROOF

6)      Yet more vandalism to the guttering.  Agreed to inform police.                               ACTION: VH

CAVITY WALL INSULATION                                                                                

7)      Wall Insulation Warmcare had provided a quote, but require the power electrics to be removed from the void space.  The NICEIC confirmed that the electrical work is necessary.  Only 2 electricians provided quotes.   The bid had been submitted.  A response is expected in March for funds available in April 2009.

8)      Sealing Cracks.  John Tolson had also recommended sealing all cracked joints. R.M.has offered to help       

JOBS

9)      Re-putty windows.  

10)  Vermin.  No further signs.

11)  Waste pipe from kitchen needs fixing                                                                       ACTION: DP

PROJECTS

12)  Awards For All scheme.  Put on hold.

FOOTBALL:

13)  VAT invoice form.  BG to E mail one to all.                                                           ACTION: BG

14)  Next Season  Advertise in the Guardian and Standard?                                          ACTION: VH

CRICKET CLUB: 

15)  Possible merger of the Cricket Club, Social,Club and RFMC.  BG agreed to raise it at the AGMs of the CC and SC.  Awaiting outcome of Cricket AGM

JOBS

16)  Standing item – check jobs list. 

17)  Hedge Cutting.  Complete for £10– JB had fixed up.  Agreed to ask John  Davis early next year.

FINANCE

18)  VAT. BG had replied to one set of queries and was awaiting a response.  The VATman had phoned DP that day who passed it on to BG.                                                                                                  ACTION:BG

19)  Stroud and Swindon change of committee members – form completed                   ACTION: BG

20)  The Lease.  Solicitor’s bill not received.  

FUND RAISING:

21)  2009 Bonus Club list was reviewed and amended. To be sent out.                          ACTION: DP

22)  RM said a slip asking people to put money through her door had worked well.  Draft slip to be sent round.          ACTION: RM

23)  Christmas Bingo DP handed a donation of £5 from the Robsons.

CEILIDH

24)  In Leigh Memorial Hall on 14 March.  Tickets £10/£8.  Hall and band booked. 

a)      Tickets/poster JB design approved.  To be printed and sent out. Sell with Bonus club tickets.                         ACTION: JB

b)     Publicity –Website, Parish mag (incl events),                                                     ACTION: DP Fosse Way, Frome Times                                                                                                              ACTION: JB

c)      Food Chilli + baked pots(from Brittens?).  Pots – RM; chilli - VH, veg chilli – JB

d)     Drink Bitter 72 pint barrel – RM (also see if another half as big?).  Wine (VH has 4), lager, water, coke, lemonade, OJ – DP.

e)      Float £50 (£30 in fivers, rest in 50p, £1, £2)                                                       ACTION: BG

f)       Layout,  Agreed to have chairs round edge, with occasional small tables from homes.  Large tables to be brought out when food served.  Food in new room.

g)      Raffle All to bring prizes.  VH to get tickets if we haven’t got enough.

HEALTH AND SAFETY

25)  H&S Policy.  Action list to be pursued.

26)  Safety Inspection: VH did in Jan.                                                                      

27)  Electrics: Emergency lighting, smoke alarm & Carbon Monoxide/Smoke detector to be tested at each meeting.                                                                                                                                    ACTION: DP

28)  Review Accident Book at each meeting.                                                                  ACTION: DP

29)  A cricket ball nearly hit a girl on the slide.  Before the Cricket season:

a)      put up notices advising of the hazard. 

b)     add the hazard to the register, and consider more action at the next meeting, noting that the cricket season has ended.                                                                                                                  ACTION: DP

30)  Hazard Assessment   First phase of assessment done.  To be completed and written up. VH & RM agreed to review/check.                                                                                                              ACTION: DP/VH

31)  Fire Fire Safety handbook with DP for review.                                                       ACTION: DP

ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

32)  Report for Parish Mag  - Ceilidh, Bonus Club.,

 

33)  Date of next meeting9 Mar at 7.30 in the clubhouse