Present: David Pattison, Rose Martin, Barry Gould, Vicky Higgins, Trevor Wells, Julian Back
1) Apologies for Absence:. Nil
2) The minutes of the 12 Jan 2009 meeting were agreed and signed.
COMMUNITY ACTIVITY PROJECT
3) Youth Club. £670 of the Community Partnership Fund grant is still available. ACTION: VH
4) The 2 tables had arrived, costing £217 including VAT & delivery, funded by the £500 from Gloria Cawood’s Community Budget. Selection/buying of chairs was delegated to ACTION: VH/RM
5) Licence To be resolved after the pub situation becomes clear.
6) Yet more vandalism to the guttering. Agreed to inform police. ACTION: VH
CAVITY WALL INSULATION
7) Wall Insulation Warmcare had provided a quote, but require the power electrics to be removed from the void space. The NICEIC confirmed that the electrical work is necessary. Only 2 electricians provided quotes. The bid had been submitted. A response is expected in March for funds available in April 2009.
8) Sealing Cracks. John Tolson had also recommended sealing all cracked joints. R.M.has offered to help
9) Re-putty windows.
10) Vermin. No further signs.
11) Waste pipe from kitchen needs fixing ACTION: DP
12) Awards For All scheme. Put on hold.
13) VAT invoice form. BG to E mail one to all. ACTION: BG
14) Next Season Advertise in the Guardian and Standard? ACTION: VH
15) Possible merger of the Cricket Club, Social,Club and RFMC. BG agreed to raise it at the AGMs of the CC and SC. Awaiting outcome of Cricket AGM
16) Standing item – check jobs list.
17) Hedge Cutting. Complete for £10– JB had fixed up. Agreed to ask John Davis early next year.
18) VAT. BG had replied to one set of queries and was awaiting a response. The VATman had phoned DP that day who passed it on to BG. ACTION:BG
19) Stroud and Swindon change of committee members – form completed ACTION: BG
20) The Lease. Solicitor’s bill not received.
21) 2009 Bonus Club list was reviewed and amended. To be sent out. ACTION: DP
22) RM said a slip asking people to put money through her door had worked well. Draft slip to be sent round. ACTION: RM
23) Christmas Bingo DP handed a donation of £5 from the Robsons.
24) In Leigh Memorial Hall on 14 March. Tickets £10/£8. Hall and band booked.
a) Tickets/poster JB design approved. To be printed and sent out. Sell with Bonus club tickets. ACTION: JB
b) Publicity –Website, Parish mag (incl events), ACTION: DP Fosse Way, Frome Times ACTION: JB
c) Food Chilli + baked pots(from Brittens?). Pots – RM; chilli - VH, veg chilli – JB
d) Drink Bitter 72 pint barrel – RM (also see if another half as big?). Wine (VH has 4), lager, water, coke, lemonade, OJ – DP.
e) Float £50 (£30 in fivers, rest in 50p, £1, £2) ACTION: BG
f) Layout, Agreed to have chairs round edge, with occasional small tables from homes. Large tables to be brought out when food served. Food in new room.
g) Raffle All to bring prizes. VH to get tickets if we haven’t got enough.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
25) H&S Policy. Action list to be pursued.
26) Safety Inspection: VH did in Jan.
27) Electrics: Emergency lighting, smoke alarm & Carbon Monoxide/Smoke detector to be tested at each meeting. ACTION: DP
28) Review Accident Book at each meeting. ACTION: DP
29) A cricket ball nearly hit a girl on the slide. Before the Cricket season:
a) put up notices advising of the hazard.
b) add the hazard to the register, and consider more action at the next meeting, noting that the cricket season has ended. ACTION: DP
30) Hazard Assessment First phase of assessment done. To be completed and written up. VH & RM agreed to review/check. ACTION: DP/VH
31) Fire Fire Safety handbook with DP for review. ACTION: DP
ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
32) Report for Parish Mag - Ceilidh, Bonus Club.,
33) Date of next meeting: 9 Mar at 7.30 in the clubhouse