LEIGH ON MENDIP RECREATION FIELD MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

MINUTES OF MEETING

DATE: 9 March 2009 Commenced: 7.30pm

Present:         David Pattison, Rose Martin, Barry Gould, Vicky Higgins, Trevor Wells, Julian Back

................................................................................................................……………………………...

1)      Apologies for Absence:. Nil

2)      The minutes of the 9 February 2009 meeting were agreed and signed.

COMMUNITY ACTIVITY PROJECT

3)      Youth Club.  Going well – 18 youngsters attended the last meeting.

4)      The balance of the money from Gloria Cawood’s Community Budget and some of the Community Partnership Fund had been used to buy two settees to replace the old furniture, for £447.  Approximately £506 is left.                 ACTION: VH

5)      Licence To be resolved after the pub situation becomes clear.

THE ROOF

6)      The PCSO had also been informed of the vandalism to the guttering.

CAVITY WALL INSULATION                                                                                

7)      Wall Insulation Awaiting a response to our bid in March.

8)      Sealing Cracks.  John Tolson had also recommended sealing all cracked joints. R.M.has offered to help       

JOBS

9)      Re-putty windows.  

10)  Waste pipe from kitchen – parts had been bought.                                                   ACTION: DP

11)  Fit security screens to bar

PROJECTS

12)  Awards For All scheme.  On hold.

FOOTBALL:

13)  VAT invoice form.  BG to E mail one to all.                                                           ACTION: BG

14)  Next Season  Advertise in the Guardian and Standard?                                          ACTION: VH

CRICKET CLUB: 

15)  Possible merger of the Cricket Club, Social,Club and RFMC.  BG agreed to raise it at the AGMs of the CC and SC.  Awaiting outcome of Cricket AGM

JOBS

16)  Standing item – check jobs list. 

17)  Hedge Cutting.  Complete for £10– JB had fixed up.  Agreed to ask John  Davis early next year.

FINANCE

18)  VAT. Awaiting a response from the VAT man.

19)  Stroud and Swindon change of committee members – form completed                   ACTION: BG

20)  The Lease.  Solicitor’s bill not received.  

21)  Agreed to order the playground survey at £45.                                                         ACTION: VH

22)  2 small cheques from Phone Aid and Easy Fund Raising had been received and were passed to the treasurer.

23)  No-one could remember whether the cricket club had paid their dues for 2007.     ACTION: BG

FUND RAISING:

24)  Bonus Club List had been sent out.  Tickets to be sold by end March                 ACTION: ALL

25)  TW was going away so handed over his list and money to DP to complete             ACTION: DP

26)  DP to send round his version of a slip asking people to put money through his door. ACTION: DP

CEILIDH

27)  In Leigh Memorial Hall on 14 March.  Tickets £10/£8.  Hall and band booked. 

a)      Tickets/poster  Design had been appreciated.  Had sold 53 tickets.

b)     Publicity –appeared in  Fosse Way for free.

c)      Food Chilli + baked pots(from Brittens?). 

i.                    Pots to be cooked at hall (& Church Cottage if necessary) - RM

ii.                  chilli - VH,

iii.                veg chilli – JB

d)     Drink

i.                    Bitter 72 pint barrel – RM had ordered.  DP to collect Wed am with cheques for £71.88 and £75 for deposit on barrel.  Cheques provided by BG.

ii.                  Wine - 6R & 6W, lager – 30 Stella, few Guiness, water, coke, lemonade, OJ – DP.  Cider, (containers to VH by Wed) VH

e)      Float £50 (£30 in fivers, rest in 50p, £1, £2)                                                       ACTION: BG

f)       Layout,  Agreed to have chairs round edge, with occasional small tables from homes – ALL.  Large tables to be brought out when food served.  Food in new room.

g)      Raffle All to bring prizes.  VH to get tickets.

h)     Meet at hall at 6pm to set up.  DP to make price list.

HEALTH AND SAFETY

28)  H&S Policy.  Action list to be pursued.

29)  Safety Inspection: VH did in Feb.                                                                     

30)  Electrics: Emergency lighting, smoke alarm & Carbon Monoxide/Smoke detector to be tested at each meeting.                                                                                                                                    ACTION: DP

31)  Review Accident Book at each meeting.                                                                  ACTION: DP

a)      A youngster had climbed on the bar and knocked off a glass which had hit another youngster.  It was agreed to fit security grills to prevent access to the bar when it is not manned.                  

32)  A cricket ball nearly hit a girl on the slide.  Before the Cricket season:

a)      put up notices advising of the hazard. 

b)     add the hazard to the register, and consider more action at the next meeting, noting that the cricket season has ended.                                                                                                                  ACTION: DP

33)  Hazard Assessment   First phase of assessment done.  To be completed and written up. VH & RM agreed to review/check.                                                                                                              ACTION: DP/VH

34)  Fire Fire Safety handbook with DP for review.                                                       ACTION: DP

ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

35)  Report for Parish Mag  -                                                                                         ACTION: DP

36)  Date of next meeting:.6 Apr at 7.30 in the pub