LEIGH ON MENDIP RECREATION FIELD MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

MINUTES OF MEETING

DATE: 11th May 2009 Commenced: 8.15pm

Present:   Rose Martin, Barry Gould, Vicky Higgins, Trevor Wells, And Julian Back

 

1)   Apologies for Absence: David Pattison

2)   The minutes of the last meeting agreed

COMMUNITY ACTIVITY PROJECT

3)   Youth Club.  Going well – new programme set up

4)   Money still to be spent from community grant when things are required.     ACTION: VH

5)   Licence To be resolved after the pub situation becomes clear.

CAVITY WALL INSULATION                                                   

6)   Wall Insulation completed.

7)   Electrics also completed, but 1 socket not replaced in bar area, at present extension lead needed to run fridge. VH to check with DP

8)   Payment of Jobs Vh to contact SALF re inspection of work then contact BG repayment

JOBS

9)   Re-putty windows. Sealing concrete panels, inside decoration. screen to bar, paint back door and window screens.

Start with decoration of club, paint needed                                Action RM

Email list of tools required and what is near to hand                     TW

 

Date arrange Sunday 31stMay 10.am                              all possible

PROJECTS

Awards For All scheme.  On hold.

FOOTBALL:

VAT invoice form.  BG to E-mail one to all.                                 ACTION: BG

Next Season Advertise in the Guardian and Standard?                 ACTION: VH

CRICKET CLUB: 

Possible merger of the Cricket Club, Social, Club and RFMC.  BG agreed to raise it at the AGMs of the CC and SC.  Awaiting outcome of Cricket AGM- on going

JOBS

Standing item – check jobs list.                                                                          ACTION DP

FINANCE     Good news VAT returns of £3,099 on first 3 returns. Awaiting bank statement for confirmation, before money paid back to VH

Invoices paid to Wick steed Leisure; Heat west for boiler inspection and £40 for bonus ball winners

Clive and June feather stone and Ray Corb.

The Lease.  Solicitor’s bill not received. 

Playground inspection to go through next time

The cricket club had paid their dues for 2008                             ACTION: BG

FUND RAISING

FAIR MEETING 26TH June Julian asked for representative to go RM

Race Night not activated yet, Barry to check with cricket club and get back to us suggested date 13th June.

HEALTH AND SAFETY

10)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          H&S Policy.  Action list to be pursued.

SafInspection:           VH did in April                                         

11)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Electrics: Emergency lighting, smoke alarm & Carbon Monoxide/Smoke detector to be tested at each meeting. Completed                                                                                          

12)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Review Accident Book at each meeting. Complete                                                                

13)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          A cricket ball nearly hit a girl on the slide.  Before the Cricket season:

a)   Put up notices advising of the hazard.   Action Cricket Club

b)   Add the hazard to the register, and consider more action at the next meeting, noting that the cricket season has ended.                                     ACTION: DP

14)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Hazard Assessment   First phase of assessment done.  To be completed and written up. VH & RM agreed to review/check.                                                                                  ACTION: DP/VH

15)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Fire Safety handbook with DP for review.                                                                            ACTION: DP

ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

16)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Report for Parish Magazine-                                                                                          ACTION: DP VH

 We agreed to make a compost heap for grass cuttings etc                                     Action RM  We need to sort out furniture need 25 seats for cricket teas                                Action VH

                                                                      

 

 

NEXT meeting AGM 8th JUNE @ rec field 7.30 followed by normal meeting