LEIGH ON MENDIP RECREATION FIELD MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

MINUTES OF MEETING held on 6 July 2009

Present:   Vicky Higgins, Rose Martin, David Pattison

 

1)      Apologies for Absence: Trevor Wells, Julian Back.

2)      The minutes of the June meeting were agreed and signed.

YOUTH CLUB

3)      Going well. Next meetings are on 13 July and 7 Sept.  Agreed to put on website. ACTION: DP

4)      Money still to be spent from community grant when things are required.                ACTION: VH

CAVITY WALL INSULATION                                                                                

5)      BG to pay the invoices.  DP had received a reminder – to chase.                        ACTION: DP/ BG

JOBS

6)      Re-putty windows. Sealing concrete panels, inside decoration. screen to bar and window screens.  VH had painted back door.

7)      Decoration of club had progressed.  Next sessions 12 and 19 July.  DP to get white paint.                                   ACTION: ALL

8)      RM had bought paint. DP to buy carpet tiles for backing to dartboard.                   ACTION: ALL

9)      Compost heap for grass cuttings etc.  RM to ring Bryn re palletts.                           ACTION RM 

10)  Benches.  DP to pass oil to RM next                                                                         ACTION: DP

11)  Fix drain pipe from sink in ladies.                                                                             ACTION: DP

12)  Fix play area gates (not closing)                                                                                ACTION: DP

13)  Fix light in ladies                                                                                                       ACTION: DP

14)  Standing item – check jobs list                                                                                  ACTION: DP

a)      Invoice cricket                                                                                                     ACTION: BG

b)     Remind PC re easement via RM.                                                                         ACTION: RM

PROJECTS

15)  Awards For All scheme.  On hold.

16)  An e mail had been received offering grants for community projects.  It was agreed to try and use this for a soft surface for the slide area and a new play item for older children (10-16).  VH to slect an item.  DP to get quotes (for tiles and soft tarmac) and develop a bid.                                                                    ACTION: VH/DP

FOOTBALL:

17)  VAT invoice form.  BG to E-mail one to all.                                                            ACTION: BG

18)  It was agreed to start advertising the pitch. DP had e mailed the Mid Somerset League but got no reply.  Try an article for the paper.                                                                                                         ACTION: DP

CRICKET CLUB: 

19)  Possible merger of the Cricket Club, Social, Club and RFMC. - on going

FINANCE 

20)  Still awaiting VAT returns of £3,099.  Agreed to refund loan from VH on receipt.

21)  RM to pay annual rent at next PC meeting.                                                              ACTION: RM

22)  Charity Commission had reminded DP about the annual return.  Need the audited accounts.  Agreed to use the Chairman’s Statement to the AGM as the annual report.                                           ACTION: BG/DP

FUND RAISING

23)  Bonus Club winners for July are Maurice & Joan White and Dan and Sarah Middle.  VH to pay.                          ACTION: VH

 

FAIR

24)  A cheque for £450 had been received.  The overall takings were about £3350.

25)  Race Night not activated yet.

HEALTH AND SAFETY

26)  H&S Policy.  Action list to be pursued.

27)  Weekly safety inspection:           VH did in June.  One paling loose on fence.    ACTION: VH/DP

28)  Electrics: Emergency lighting, smoke alarm & Carbon Monoxide/Smoke detector to be tested at each meeting. Completed                                                                                                                       ACTION: DP

29)  Review Accident Book at each meeting. Complete                                                  ACTION: DP

30)  Hazard of  cricket balls hitting children in the playground. 2 signs had been made which the Cricket Club would hang on the gates during play.

31)  Add the hazard to the register.                                                                                  ACTION: DP

32)  Hazard Assessment   First phase of assessment done.  To be completed and written up. VH & RM agreed to review/check.                                                                                                              ACTION: DP/VH

33)  Fire Safety handbook with DP for review.                                                               ACTION: DP

ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

34)  Report for Parish Magazine- Bonus Club*2; School Sports, Y Club dates              ACTION: DP

35)  A second hand strimmer had been bought for £20 at the fair.

NEXT meeting 10 Aug at the rec at 7.30