Present: Vicky Higgins, Rose Martin, David Pattison, Barry Gould
1) Apologies for Absence: Trevor Wells, Julian Back.
2) The minutes of the July meeting were agreed and signed.
3) 7 Sept. VH & RM looking at next term’s programme. DP to send more dates to website when available. ACTION: VH/RM/DP
4) Community Grant. It was agreed to pay half the TV licence to the Cricket Club. More money still to be spent when things are required. ACTION: VH
CAVITY WALL INSULATION
5) BG had invoiced the SALSF. Warmcare had not paid their cheque in. Electrician to be paid when the grant comes in. (Post Meeting Note – Invoice was for wrong amount – needs to be resent). ACTION: DP/ BG
6) Sealing concrete panels, screen to bar and window screens.
7) Decoration of club had progressed. 2 windows primed this weekend. ACTION: ALL
8) Compost heap for grass cuttings etc. RM getting pallets. ACTION RM
a) Oiling - DP & VH done. Oil with RM. ACTION: RM
b) One is broken. DP agreed to fix. (post meeting note, Brian from the Bell volunteered to do it, with the boys who were there when it broke).
10) Standing item – check jobs list ACTION: DP
a) Invoice cricket – awaiting money ACTION: BG
b) Renew Insurance ACTION: DP
11) Awards For All scheme. On hold.
12) Play Area Improvement.
a) A bid had been made for £15000 for a soft surface for the slide area and a new play item for older children (10-16). Awaiting outcome (but there are lots of bids!).
b) Rick Massey has agreed to move the rubble heap and has made a donation. ACTION: VH/DP
c) Sue Vaughan had suggested another source of funds ACTION: VH
d) RM is seeing Mendip this week and will ask re fund raising ACTION: RM
e) Agreed to seek £500 from Gloria’s fund ACTION: DP
13) VAT invoice form. BG to E-mail one to all. ACTION: BG
14) Advertising the pitch. DP had e mailed the Standard but got no reply yet. RM had drafted a poster – to be put up round the village ACTION: VH/RM
15) Possible merger of the Cricket Club, Social, Club and RFMC. - on going
16) VAT return of £3,099 is in the bank. Loan from VH was repaid.
17) RM had paid the annual rent to the PC.
18) BG passed over the audited accounts. Charity Commission annual return now due. ACTION: DP
19) A cheque for £450 was passed to BG from the fair.
20) DP passed over £90 Bonus Club money, and was given £40 for this month’s prizes.
21) Cheque from Mr Massey passed across (Post meeting note – consider a Gift Aid form)
22) Cricket Club to pay contribution to fete from bar takings.
23) Bonus Club winners for Aug are Malcolm Young and Julie Davidson. DP to pay. ACTION: DP
24) Agreed on a date for the Bingo night - 5 Dec – VH to book hall. ACTION: VH
HEALTH AND SAFETY
25) H&S Policy. Action list to be pursued.
26) Weekly safety inspection: Loose paling fixed. VH did in July. ACTION: VH
27) Electrics: Emergency lighting, smoke alarm & Carbon Monoxide/Smoke detector to be tested at each meeting. Completed ACTION: DP
28) Review Accident Book at each meeting. Complete ACTION: DP
29) Add the hazard to the register. ACTION: DP
30) Hazard Assessment First phase of assessment done. To be completed and written up. VH & RM agreed to review/check. ACTION: DP/VH
31) Fire Safety handbook with DP for review. ACTION: DP
ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
32) Report for Parish Magazine- Bonus Club; Y Club dates. ACTION: DP
NEXT meeting 14 Sept at the Rec at 7.30