Present: Vicky Higgins, Rose Martin, David Pattison, Barry Gould Julian Back
1) Apologies for Absence: Trevor Wells
2) The minutes of the September meeting were agreed and signed.
3) Community Grant. The Cricket Club had not yet claimed half the TV licence. More money still to be spent when things are required. ACTION: VH/BG
4) Sealing concrete panels, screen to bar and window screens.
5) Decoration of club had progressed. Agreed to meet Sun 15 Nov at 1030. ACTION: ALL
6) Compost heap for grass cuttings etc. RM getting pallets. Site to be reviewed. JB agreed to collect the pallets ACTION RM/VH/JB
7) Oiling benches. – all done except one. ACTION: RM
8) Standing item – check jobs list. Nil
9) Awards For All scheme. On hold.
10) Play Area Improvement.
a) It is now too late for Rick Massey to move the rubble heap (ground is too soft).ACTION: VH
b) Sue Vaughan had suggested another source of funds ACTION: VH
c) RM has a list of fund raising sources and will contact Gloria ACTION: RM
d) Agreed to seek £500 from Gloria’s fund ACTION: DP
e) VH had submitted a Grassroots bid for £5k. One query had been answered – no reply yet.
11) VAT invoice form. BG to E-mail one to all. ACTION: BG
12) The team from the Vine Tree has ceased playing. There are now no teams playing. DP to try another story in the paper. ACTION: DP
15) A cheque was made out to reimburse DP for £80 for Oct & Nov Bonus Club prizes.
16) Cricket Club to pay contribution to fete from bar takings. BG will chase again. ACTION: BG
17) Bonus Club winners are
a) October: Richard & Lorraine Jones and Marguerite & Keith Cockroft
b) November: Ken & Judy Wall and “Dags” Dagger. ACTION: DP
18) BINGO (joint with CC)
a) Confirmed for 5 Dec, eyes down 7.30.
b) BG has sufficient books of cards
c) VH to do a hamper
d) BG has ordered a turkey
e) JB to do mulled wine
f) Frank will call
g) All to get mince pies
h) DP to get drinks: Bitter (24), OJ(2), Lemonade(4), Coke(4)
i) VH to get tea coffee, milk sugar
j) All to get prizes
19) Hall and Band booked for Ceilidh on Sat 6th March.
20) Race Night in June.
21) Fair is on 19 June.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
22) H&S Policy. Action list to be pursued.
23) Weekly safety inspection: VH did in Aug to Oct. ACTION: VH
24) Electrics: Emergency lighting, smoke alarm & Carbon Monoxide/Smoke detector to be tested at each meeting. Battery had been stolen from one smoke detector. ACTION: DP
25) Review Accident Book at each meeting. Nil ACTION: DP
26) Add the hazard to the register. ACTION: DP
27) Hazard Assessment First phase of assessment done. To be completed and written up. VH & RM agreed to review/check. ACTION: DP/VH
28) Fire Safety handbook with DP for review. ACTION: DP
ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
29) Report for Parish Magazine- Bonus Club; Y Club dates, Bingo, Ceilidh. ACTION:DP
NEXT meeting 30 Nov at the pub at 8.15 (bingo arrangements only)
11 Jan at the pub at 7.30