MINUTES OF MEETING held on 11 Jan 2010

Present: Rose Martin, David Pattison, Julian Back


1)      Apologies for Absence: Trevor Wells, Vicky Higgins

2)      The minutes of the meetings held on 9 and 30 Nov were agreed.


3)      Community Grant.  The Cricket Club had not yet claimed half the TV licence.  More money still to be spent when things are required.                                                                                            ACTION: VH/BG

4)      No response from the Parish Council had yet been received to the YC request for funds.


5)      Sealing concrete panels, screen to bar and window screens.

6)      Decoration of club had progressed.  Agreed to meet Sun 24 Jan at 1030.               ACTION: ALL

7)      Compost heap for grass cuttings etc.  RM getting pallets.  Site to be reviewed.  JB agreed to collect the pallets                                                                                                               ACTION RM/VH/JB

8)      Oiling benches.  – all done except one.                                                                     ACTION: RM

9)      Standing item – check jobs list.  Nil


10)  Awards For All scheme.  On hold.

11)  Play Area Improvement

a)      It is now too late for Rick Massey to move the rubble heap (ground is too soft).ACTION: VH

b)     Sue Vaughan had suggested another source of funds                                         ACTION: VH

c)      RM had E Mailed Gloria re funding sources                                                       ACTION: RM

d)     Agreed to seek £500 from Gloria’s fund                                                             ACTION: DP

e)      VH had submitted a Grassroots bid for £5k.  One query had been answered – no reply yet.


12)  No pay recently due to weather!

13)  VAT invoice form.  BG to E-mail one to all.                                                            ACTION: BG


14)  Nil


16)  Cheques (from VH) were passed to DP for despatch to BG.                                    ACTION: DP

17)  Cricket Club to pay contribution to fete from bar takings.  BG will chase again.    ACTION: BG


18)  Bonus Club winners are

a)      December:  Andrew & Sally Shales and Emma & Phil Thompson

b)     January: Clive & Jill Baker and Under Fives Owl Babies.                                  ACTION: DP

19)  BINGO was a success, but not so many people as previous year.  Lessons for next year:

a)      Advertise in papers

b)     DP has a list of drinks bought etc.


a)      Hall and Band booked for on Sat 6th March (post meeting note – confirmed).

b)     Assume 80 people

c)      Tickets / Poster – Brenda will produce.  Price £10, no adult concessions, child concessions tbc with VH         ACTION: BB

d)     Publicity.

i.                    Website, Parish mag                                                                                 ACTION: DP

ii.                  Fosse Way                                                                                                ACTION: JB

iii.                Som Standard                                                                                          ACTION: DP

e)      Food

i.                    Veg Curry                                                                                                ACTION: JB

ii.                  Baked potatoes                                                                                        ACTION: RM

iii.                Chicken Curry                                                                                          ACTION: DP

f)       Drink

i.                    Beer                                                                                                          ACTION: RM

ii.                  Cider                                                                                                        ACTION: JB

iii.                Water                                                                                                       ACTION: DP

iv.                Soft Drinks (use surplus from Bingo)                                                      ACTION: DP

v.                  Wine (ditto)                                                                                             ACTION: DP

g)      Layout – as last time

h)     Raffle

i.                    Prizes                                                                                                        ACTION: ALL

ii.                  Tickets                                                                                                 ACTION: VH/BG

i)        Float:  £30 in £5 £20 in £1 & 50p                                                                        ACTION: BG

21)  Race Night in June.

22)  Fair is on 19 June.


23)  H&S Policy.  Action list to be pursued.

24)  Weekly safety inspection:    tbc                                                                                 ACTION: VH

25)  Electrics: Emergency lighting, smoke alarm & Carbon Monoxide/Smoke detector to be tested at each meeting. Stolen battery had been replaced.                                                                                    ACTION: DP

26)  Review Accident Book at each meeting.                                                                   ACTION: DP

27)  Add the hazard to the register.                                                                                  ACTION: DP

28)  Hazard Assessment   First phase of assessment done.  To be completed and written up. VH & RM agreed to review/check.                                                                                                              ACTION: DP/VH

29)  Fire Safety handbook with DP for review.                                                               ACTION: DP


30)  Report for Parish Magazine- Bonus Club, Ceilidh.                                                   ACTION:DP


NEXT meeting       1 Feb - 7.30 at the Pub