Present: Rose Martin, David Pattison, Julian Back
1) Apologies for Absence: Trevor Wells, Vicky Higgins
2) The minutes of the meetings held on 9 and 30 Nov were agreed.
3) Community Grant. The Cricket Club had not yet claimed half the TV licence. More money still to be spent when things are required. ACTION: VH/BG
4) No response from the Parish Council had yet been received to the YC request for funds.
5) Sealing concrete panels, screen to bar and window screens.
6) Decoration of club had progressed. Agreed to meet Sun 24 Jan at 1030. ACTION: ALL
7) Compost heap for grass cuttings etc. RM getting pallets. Site to be reviewed. JB agreed to collect the pallets ACTION RM/VH/JB
8) Oiling benches. – all done except one. ACTION: RM
9) Standing item – check jobs list. Nil
10) Awards For All scheme. On hold.
11) Play Area Improvement.
a) It is now too late for Rick Massey to move the rubble heap (ground is too soft).ACTION: VH
b) Sue Vaughan had suggested another source of funds ACTION: VH
c) RM had E Mailed Gloria re funding sources ACTION: RM
d) Agreed to seek £500 from Gloria’s fund ACTION: DP
e) VH had submitted a Grassroots bid for £5k. One query had been answered – no reply yet.
12) No pay recently due to weather!
13) VAT invoice form. BG to E-mail one to all. ACTION: BG
16) Cheques (from VH) were passed to DP for despatch to BG. ACTION: DP
17) Cricket Club to pay contribution to fete from bar takings. BG will chase again. ACTION: BG
18) Bonus Club winners are
a) December: Andrew & Sally Shales and Emma & Phil Thompson
b) January: Clive & Jill Baker and Under Fives Owl Babies. ACTION: DP
19) BINGO was a success, but not so many people as previous year. Lessons for next year:
a) Advertise in papers
b) DP has a list of drinks bought etc.
a) Hall and Band booked for on Sat 6th March (post meeting note – confirmed).
b) Assume 80 people
c) Tickets / Poster – Brenda will produce. Price £10, no adult concessions, child concessions tbc with VH ACTION: BB
i. Website, Parish mag ACTION: DP
ii. Fosse Way ACTION: JB
iii. Som Standard ACTION: DP
i. Veg Curry ACTION: JB
ii. Baked potatoes ACTION: RM
iii. Chicken Curry ACTION: DP
i. Beer ACTION: RM
ii. Cider ACTION: JB
iii. Water ACTION: DP
iv. Soft Drinks (use surplus from Bingo) ACTION: DP
v. Wine (ditto) ACTION: DP
g) Layout – as last time
i. Prizes ACTION: ALL
ii. Tickets ACTION: VH/BG
i) Float: £30 in £5 £20 in £1 & 50p ACTION: BG
21) Race Night in June.
22) Fair is on 19 June.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
23) H&S Policy. Action list to be pursued.
24) Weekly safety inspection: tbc ACTION: VH
25) Electrics: Emergency lighting, smoke alarm & Carbon Monoxide/Smoke detector to be tested at each meeting. Stolen battery had been replaced. ACTION: DP
26) Review Accident Book at each meeting. ACTION: DP
27) Add the hazard to the register. ACTION: DP
28) Hazard Assessment First phase of assessment done. To be completed and written up. VH & RM agreed to review/check. ACTION: DP/VH
29) Fire Safety handbook with DP for review. ACTION: DP
ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
30) Report for Parish Magazine- Bonus Club, Ceilidh. ACTION:DP
NEXT meeting 1 Feb - 7.30 at the Pub