Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held 24 June 2010

 

Present: Vicky Higgins, Trevor Wells, Julian Back, David Pattison

Apologies: Rose Martin, Barry Gould,

1.      The minutes of the meeting held on 28 April were agreed and signed.

2.      Youth Club:  Going well, meeting every other week.

JOBS 

3.      Disposal of cuttings – It was agreed to try hiring an industrial shredder.  DP to get prices.                                                                                                                                                          Action DP

4.      Sealing of concrete panels of Club house with mastic.  DP had got a volunteer.                                                                                                                                                                         Action: All

5.      Decoration of Club house - Bar area, one blind and doors still to be done. Date to do this-Sun 25rd July  at 10.30 am.                                                        Action: VH, RM, TW, JB &DP

6.      Pallets-    RM has the pallets.  JB to get stakes.                                                       Action JB

7.      Oiling of benches.  DP to send round rota.  JB has the oil.                                   Action DP

8.      Boiler service complete.  Hoses replaced.

9.      Playground inspection complete.  Items of importance are:

a.                       Soft surface tiles – gaps to be removed and edging to be renewed.                          Action V&FH

b.                       Bark – Depth to be maintained.  It was agreed that adding more expensive bark is not the right way in the long run, and to try to fit the rubber mesh ourselves.  VH to check whether there is concrete under the bark.  DP to calculate soil volume needed and price the mesh.                                                                                                                  Action VH/DP

10. Moles.  It was agree that the trenches left are a safety hazard to players, and to get in a mole catcher.  VH to check whether the cricket club are doing it. 

11. Playground gate needs attention.                                                                              Action DP

12. Football: Nil.

13. Dog Poo bin – installed.

14. Cricket: playing roughly every other Saturday and some sundays. No issues.

Finance:

15. Fair committee had provided a cheque for £40 as a contribution to insurance  .  DP to forward to BG.        Action DP/BG

16. BG to invoice CC for the season.                                                                               Action BG

17. It was decided that the cheque book might be better held by the chair, so that it is always available to do business at meetings.  VH to discuss with BG.                                                        Action VH

18. BG to proved a signed copy of the 2009 accounts to DP for the Charity Commission return.                                                                                                                                                            Action BG

19. Fair  Went well.  Could have used more people setting up and around the gate early on.

Bonus Club

20. All underway.  June winners were June Brewster and Alastair & Diane Barlow.

Race night 

21. BG talking to Cricket Club to discuss a joint venture?  Agreed to postpone to Oct/Nov.

Health & Safety.

22.  Horse Chestnut tree near drive to car park has weeping canker. It needs cutting down soon. One branch has been removed.  Also a Plane tree on opposite side of the field needs 2 limbs removed to save the tree.  Agreed to do the work in the autumn after the leaves have fallen.

23.  Emergency lighting, smoke alarm, CO detector and accident book all checked.

24. PAT testing requirements.                                                                                           Action:RM

25. Copy of new insurance policy for Rec Field needs to be displayed  inside the building                                                                                                                                                              Action: DP

26. Parish Council had decide that they do not need details of our risk assessments

27. Any Other Business : 

a.                       Hall committee had commented unfavourably on the cleanliness of the cooker after the Ceilidh.

b.                       There is a possibility of the cricket square being used for bowls.  The CC had agreed.  Itb was agreed to encourage this and charge £7.50 per hour up to £15 per session.

 

Next Meeting Monday 26 July,  7.30 at the Club House