Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held 26 July 2010

 

Present: Vicky Higgins, Julian Back, David Pattison

Apologies: Rose Martin, Barry Gould, Trevor Wells

1.      The minutes of the meeting held on 24 June were agreed and signed.

2.      Youth Club:  Going well, no issues.

JOBS 

3.      Disposal of cuttings – DP had priced an industrial shredder - £50 plus VAT per day.  Trailer plus two people needed to fetch it.  Agreed to go ahead on 21/22 Aug.  DP to book the shredder              Action DP

4.      Sealing of concrete panels of Club house with mastic. Agreed to do it on Wed 11 Aug.  DP to get mastic and grinding wheels. VH/FH to proved powered mastic injector.                  Action: All

5.      Decoration of Club house - Bar area, changing rooms and doors still to be done. DP to do doors.  VH to do changing rooms and ask CC to clear bar area after end of season.                         Action: VH, DP

6.      Pallets-  Compost heap now complete.

7.      Oiling of benches.  JB has the oil.                                                                              Action JB

8.      Playground inspection

a.                       Soft surface tiles – gaps have been filled and edging renewed under big swing – small swing to be done                                                                                  Action VH & FH

b.                       Bark – Depth to be maintained.  It was agreed that adding more expensive bark is not the right way in the long run, and to try to fit the rubber mesh ourselves.  VH to check whether there is concrete under the bark.  DP to calculate soil volume needed and price the mesh. (post meeting note: one online estimate is £624 inc ties, pegs and delivery, but will also need soil & grass seed.)                                                                      Action VH/DP

9.      Moles.  It was agree that the trenches left are a safety hazard to players, and to get in a mole catcher.  VH is finding a contact number (post meeting note: DP has used Nigel Matthews 01749 840862 or 07811 042428, but not for moles). 

10. Football: Nil.

11. Cricket: Nil.

Finance:

12. DP to get confirmation that Fair committee cheque for £40 had been paid in. Action DP/BG

13. BG to invoice CC for the season.                                                                               Action BG

14. It was decided that the cheque book might be better held by the chair, so that it is always available to do business at meetings.  VH to discuss with BG.                                                        Action VH

15. BG to proved a signed copy of the 2009 accounts to DP for the Charity Commission return.                                                                                                                                                            Action BG

Bonus Club

16. July winners were Julie Davidson and  Malcolm Young.  DP to invoice for £40. Action: DP

Race night 

17. BG talking to Cricket Club to discuss a joint venture?  Agreed to postpone to Oct/Nov.

Health & Safety.

18.  Horse Chestnut tree near drive to car park has weeping canker. It needs cutting down soon. One branch has been removed.  Also a Plane tree on opposite side of the field needs 2 limbs removed to save the tree.  Agreed to do the work in the autumn after the leaves have fallen.

19.  Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book all checked.

20. PAT testing requirements.  Not a legal requirement, but useful as a demonstration of due care in case of accident (and might even prevent one!).  VH to check with Hall Committee.        .                 Action:VH

21. Parish Council had decide that they do not need details of our risk assessments

22. New safety notices had been put up in the building.

23. Any Other Business

a.                       The new bowls club had asked for permission to put a single rink green at the southern edge of the field.  The Cricket Club had already agreed.  It was agreed to allow this.  The bowls club had also asked for the fee to be restructured to encourage players.  It was agreed to charge 50p per person playing.

b.                       Complaints had been received about the amount of mess on the field in the SE corner.  It was judged that this arose from the nightly feeding of foxes in that area.  VH and DP had spoken to the people doing it and asked them to stop, but the feeding had restarted after a short break.  VH to seek assistance from MDC and consult LOM PC.                      Action: VH

 

Next Meeting Monday 23 August,  7.30 at the Club House