Present: Vicky Higgins, David Pattison, Trevor Wells
Apologies: Barry Gould, Julian Back, Rose Martin
1. The minutes of the meeting held on 23 August were agreed and signed.
2. Youth Club: All happening. Dates: Oct 4, 18 Nov 1, 15, 29.
3. Disposal of cuttings – on hold until the playground work is done.
4. Decoration of Club house - Bar area, changing room ceilings and doors still to be done. DP to do doors. VH to do changing rooms and ask CC to clear bar area after end of season Action: VH, DP
5. Oiling of benches. All done (ex RM?). Action RM
a. Soft surface tiles –big swing done– small swing to be done Action VH & FH
b. Slide – Bark removed. Stone delivered. Next tasks are spreading of stone and removal of sleepers. Then order soil. Agreed to have a working party Sun 26 Sept at 1000. VH to advertise. All to invite friends. (post meeting note – DP can’t make 1000, may make 1100). Aim is to get level compacted stone 3 to 4 inches below ground level. Action ALL
c. Dave Jarvis to be advised that bark turning is no longer required, and KM thanked for his sponsorship Action DP
7. Moles. Mole catcher had caught 7 or 8 on first outing.
8. The following cheques were made out:
Bonus Club prizes Sept (£40)
Tiles for playground (£746.13)
Mastic for clubhouse (£69.62)
9. DP to check with BG re bank status. Action DP/BG
10. BG to invoice CC for the season. Action BG
11. DP had completed the Charity Commission return.
12. The £430 share out of profits from the fair had been sent to BG for banking. Action BG
13. Cheque for £100 had been received from Parish Council, as a contribution to the new Bowls Club. Agreed to pay it in, and reimburse receipted expenditure to Bowls Club by cheque to individuals on request. (VH to inform bowls club??). Action VH
14. PC have agreed to pay towards playground work up to £1000 on receipt of invoices. DP to pass copies of receipts for tiles and soil to RM for presentation to PC. Action DP/RM
15. Sept winners were Rose & Vin Martin and Sue and Dave Mattick. DP had paid them.
16. Advertised in Parish Mag for 23 Oct. Hall is booked. CC had not yet agreed, so on hold for now. (post meeting note – Race night packs with tickets etc cost about £60) Action TW
17. Hall booked for 11 Dec. Awaiting CC agreement. Action TW
Health & Safety.
18. Horse Chestnut tree near drive to car park has weeping canker. It needs cutting down soon. One branch has been removed. Also a Plane tree on opposite side of the field needs 2 limbs removed to save the tree. Agreed to do the work in the autumn after the leaves have fallen.
19. PAT testing requirements. Not a legal requirement, but useful as a demonstration of due care in case of accident (and might even prevent one!). VH has a contact number and will discuss. Action:VH
20. Weekly safety inspection: VH did in Nov - Aug. Action: VH
21. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book all checked.
22. Report for Parish Magazine- Bonus Club; Y Club dates, Bingo, Race Night. Action:DP
Check Monthly list of jobs
a. 3 alarm batteries replaced
b. Gambling Act registration. VH to pass financial papers to DP for completion . Action DP
c. Hedge cutting. JB to arrange for the winter. Action JB
Any Other Business :
23. Foxes. Complaints had been received about the amount of mess on the field in the SE corner. It was judged that this arose from the nightly feeding of foxes in that area. VH and DP had spoken to the people doing it and asked them to stop, but the feeding had restarted after a short break. VH has MDC contacts and will consult. Action: VH
24. There are reports that the DOG Waste bin near the church may be moved. It was decided that there is no point having another one at the rec.
Next Meeting Wed 6 October, 7.30 at the Club House