Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held 8 November 2010

 

Present: Vicky Higgins, David Pattison, Trevor Wells, Rose Martin

Apologies: Barry Gould, Julian Back

1.      The minutes of the meeting held on 6 Oct were agreed and signed.

2.      Youth Club:  All happening.  Dates: Nov 15, 29, Dec 13 Jan 10.

JOBS 

3.      Disposal of cuttings – done.

4.      Decoration of Club house - Bar area, changing room ceilings and doors still to be done. DP to do doors.  VH to do changing rooms and ask CC to clear bar area after end of season.                          Action: VH, DP

5.      Oiling of benches.  All done ex RM, who has the oil.                                             Action RM

6.      Playground

a.      Soft surface tiles – small swing to be done                                                 Action VH & FH

b.      Slide –  All finished.  The grass has started to grow.

7.      Moles.  Invoice received and paid.  No sign of moles since the harvest was taken in.

Football: Nil.

Cricket: Nil.

Finance:

8.      £250 had been received from the Bennetts for the hire of the clubhouse for childminding.  The cash was passed to DP to hold as a float.

9.      £40 cash paid to DP for the Bonus Club prizes.  Remaining float £210. 

10. The following cheques had been made out:

Amount £

Payee

Date

Cheque no.

Reason

250.00

 

Barron Pest Control

23/10/10

 

416

 

Mole catching

 

 

11. BG had scanned and forwarded recent bank statements, which was useful.  It was agreed to ask BG to do the same each month.                                                                                              Action BG

12. RM to ask for £1000 from PC, and request inclusion of at least £500 in 2011 precept                                                                                                                                                                        Action: RM

13. BG to invoice CC for the season.                                                                               Action BG

14. BG to invoice CC for £125 as their share of the cost of the mole catching.                    Action BG

Bonus Club

15. Nov winners were Tony Gould and Jane Llewellyn & Ben Cabot.

Christmas Bingo

16. Hall booked for 11 Dec.

a.      Starts 7,  eyes down at 7.30

b.      TW to arrange meeting with BG/RM in week of 29 Nov to discuss.

c.      TW to make sure BG knows its on the 11th,, agree turkey draw, get CC to provide a caller.

d.      VH to arrange a hamper

e.      RM to get tea, coffee, sugar.

f.        All to get mince pies

g.      DP to get drinks as last year

h.     JB to provide mulled wine

i.        RM to get the Bell to provide a prize

j.        DP to advertise in Standard/Guardian/Fosseway

k.      RM/Becca to make a flyer

l.        All to collect prizes                                                                                                   Action: ALL

Health & Safety.

17.  Horse Chestnut tree near drive to car park has weeping canker. It needs cutting down soon. One branch has been removed.  Also a Plane tree on opposite side of the field needs 2 limbs removed to save the tree.  Agreed to do the work in the autumn after the leaves have fallen.

Regular Items

18. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Oct.                                                                Action: VH

19. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book all checked.

20. Report for Parish Magazine- Bonus Club; Y Club dates, Bingo (also What’s On & website), playground (thank Tarmac).                                                                                              Action:DP

Check Monthly list of jobs

a.      Gambling Act registration (required for Bonus club).                                        Action DP

b.      Hedge cutting.  JB to arrange for the winter.                                                      Action JB

Any Other Business

21. Foxes. Complaints had been received about the amount of mess (droppings and uneaten food) on the field in the SE corner.  MDC say they can do nothing, it is not illegal.

22. David from the flats has offerd to cut the grass round the edge of the field.

 

Next Meeting Tues 11 Jan, 7.30 at the Club House