Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held 28 February 2011

 

Present: Vicky Higgins, David Pattison, Trevor Wells, Rose Martin, Julian Back

Apologies: Barry Gould,

1.    The minutes of the meeting held on 8 Nov were agreed and signed.

2.    Youth Club:  Attendance has dropped to very low numbers and no significant help has emerged, so Youth Club has ceased operation.   Notices have been posted asking anyone interested to take over, and VH/RM are happy to help.  The assets (money and equipment) of Youth Club will be held for a while to see if anyone wants to take over.

JOBS 

3.    Trees.  Another horse chestnut has been felled due to infection (which eventually leads to branches falling off) so more cuttings need disposal.   Thanks to Vicky and Frank.  2 more have been identified which will need felling in the future. 

4.    A plane tree on E side of the field needs 2 limbs removed to save the tree. 

5.    Decoration of Club house - Bar area, changing room ceilings and doors still to be done. DP to do doors.  Bar area to be cleared.                                                                                    Action: VH, DP

6.    Oiling of benches.  All done ex RM, who has the oil.                                             Action RM

7.    Playground

a.    Soft surface tiles – small swing to be done                                                  Action VH & FH

b.    Slide –  All finished.  It was agreed to put down more grass seed now the growing season has arrived.                                                                                                                      Action RM/VH

8.    Moles.  More mole hills had appeared and been dealt with.  See finance.

9.    The soil pile is now very wet.  Need to leave it to dry out before moving it.

Football: Nil.

Cricket: Nil.

Finance:

10. The cash float held by DP now stands as follows:

Balance at last meeting

6 Oct 2010

£210

Bonus Club

3 Jan 2011

-£40

Bonus Club

9 Feb 2011

-£40

Hall Hire fee (Bingo)

15 Feb 2011

-£43

Hedge cutting fee

28 Feb 2011

-£15

Current Balance

1 March 2011

£72

 

£40 will be paid out for Bonus Club prizes in March.

 

 

 

11. The following cheques had been made out:

Amount £

Payee

Date

Cheque no.

Reason

Nil

110.00

 

D Barron

 

23/10/10

417

418

Destroyed

Mole catching

 

12. BG had again scanned and forwarded recent bank statements, which was very useful.  It was agreed to ask BG continue to do the same each month.                                                           Action BG

13. £1000 had been received from PC, and credited to the bank account.  Thank you letter required.         Action DP

14. BG to invoice CC for the season.                                                                               Action BG

15. BG to invoice CC for £125 + £55 as their share of the cost of the mole catching.                                                                                                                                                                          Action BG

16. BG to pay Bingo Takings into account.                                                                     Action BG

17. Accounts needed for AGM on 20 April                                                                      Action BG

Bonus Club

18. Winners were

Dec         Tony Gould and Sarah Claxton & Phil Streather

Jan          Charlotte & Adrian Smith and David & Suzy Jones

Feb          Alex & Jill Taylor and Mike & Michelle Taylor

Christmas Bingo

19. Good turnout.  Lessons :  Have some cider, and nibbles??.   

20. A suggestion had been received for a “street party” on the rec for the royal wedding.  It was decided that it was beyond RFMC to organise such an event, and it was suggested the PC be invited to get involved.  There was no objection to happening on the rec.                                       ACTION RM

Fete

21. VH & FH will probably be away.

22. Now that DNP is the fete treasurer, DP will need someone else to run the coconut shy.  It was agreed that the RFMC duties (gates, car parking etc) should have priority.  JB to seek another volunteer through fate committee.                                                                                                                     Action JB

23. Use of parking field needs checking.                                                                        Action JB

24. It was agreed that use of a pony & trap on the rec or parking field was unwise because of the risk of damage to the field and the hazards involved, respectively.

Whist Drive

25. It was agreed to run a whist drive:

a.    At the rec

b.    On 20 May at 7.30, £2 per head

c.    Publicity – parish mag, DP, Flyers RM,  

d.    Cards – members to bring along - ALL

e.    Score sheets & rules – DP

f.     Raffle prizes needed – ALL + Parish mag DP

g.    Hire 8 tables & 17 chairs – DP

h.    Cakes – ALL

i.      Booze – DP

Health & Safety.

Nil

Regular Items

26. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Nov - Feb.                                                    Action: VH

27. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book all checked.

28. Report for Parish Magazine- Bonus Club; Y Club, Whist Drive (also What’s On & website), foxes.       Action:DP

Check Monthly list of jobs

a.    Gambling Act registration (required for Bonus club).  2010 report and 2011 application sent off with cheque.                                                                                                            

b.    Hedge cutting.  Done.  Thanks to JB for arranging.

Any Other Business

29. Foxes. The uneaten food now includes chicken bones, which can be hazardous to dogs and cats.  There may be grounds for legal action against those leaving it if hazardous items are deliberately put out and injury is suffered.  It was agreed to warn of the hazard publicly in the Parish Magazine.            Action DP

 

Next Meeting    Mon 28 March, 7.30 at the Club House

 

AGM                  Wed 20 April, 7.30 at the Club House