Present: Vicky Higgins, David Pattison, Rose Martin, Julian Back
Apologies: Barry Gould, Trevor Wells
1. The minutes of the meeting held on 28 Feb were agreed and signed.
2. Trees. Cuttings need disposal. 2 more have been identified which will need felling in the future.
3. A plane tree on E side of the field needs 2 limbs removed to save the tree.
4. Decoration of Club house - Bar area, changing room ceilings and doors still to be done. DP to do doors. Bar area to be cleared. It was agreed to have a working party on Sun 17 April at 1030. Action: All
5. Oiling of benches. All done. DP to issue 2011 list and get more oil. Action DP
a. Soft surface tiles – small swing to be done Action VH & FH
b. Slide – All finished. It was agreed to put down more grass seed now the growing season has arrived. Action RM/VH
7. Moles. Nil.
8. The soil pile has dried out a bit. To be tackled on 17 Apr.
9. The cash float held by DP now stands as follows:
Balance at last meeting
6 Oct 2010
5 March 2011
1 March 2011
£40 will be paid out for Bonus Club prizes in April.
It was agreed that DP will retain enough of the takings from the Bonus Club collection to pay the prizes and some petty cash
10. No cheques had been made out.
11. VH handed over a cheque for £120 for boat storage for 2011.
12. BG had again scanned and forwarded recent bank statements, which was very useful. It was agreed to ask BG continue to do the same each month. Action BG
13. BG to invoice CC for the season. Action BG
14. BG to invoice CC for £125 + £55 as their share of the cost of the mole catching. Action BG
15. BG to pay Bingo Takings into account. Action BG
16. Accounts needed for AGM on 20 April Action BG
17. Winners in March were Trevor & Anne Wells and Sarah Claxton & Phil Streather.
18. DP had sent out 2011/12 lists – we need to get the money by end April for the first draw in May.
19. VH & FH will probably be away.
20. Now that DNP is the fete treasurer, DP will need someone else to run the coconut shy. It was agreed that the RFMC duties (gates, car parking etc) should have priority. JB to seek another volunteer through fate committee. Action JB
21. Use of parking field needs checking. Action JB
22. The pony & trap is not available.
23. The Barn Dance in the evening is probably on, using carpet to protect the grass.
24. There will be a dog show. Vicky Phelan (Manor Farm) need a letter and a copy of the insurance certificate. Action DP
25. Whist Drive arrangements were in place:
a. At the rec
b. On 20 May at 7.30, £2 per head
c. Publicity – parish mag, DP, Flyers RM,
d. Cards – members to bring along - ALL
e. Score sheets & rules – DP
f. Raffle prizes needed – ALL + Parish mag DP
g. Hire 8 tables & 17 chairs – DP
h. Cakes – ALL
i. Booze – DP
Health & Safety.
26. Weekly safety inspection: VH did in Mar. Action: VH
27. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book all checked.
28. Report for Parish Magazine- Bonus Club; Whist Drive (also What’s On & website).
Check Monthly list of jobs
29. Gambling Act registration - done
Any Other Business :
30. The field has been used for discus throwing and shot putt. There was some concern about damage to the playing surface, but it was decided that this is exactly what the field is for, so we would accept it unless someone complained (eg cricket club).
31. However, on one occasion a discus had missed a committee member by a few feet. VH to emphasise to those concerned that it is their responsibility to make sure no-one is nearby when they throw things. The accident book was filled in as a “near miss” record.
33. DP to draft annual statement and prepare AGM paperwork. Action DP
AGM Wed 20 April, 7.30 at the Club House (followed by normal meeting)