Present: Vicky Higgins, David Pattison, Rose Martin, Julian Back, Barry Gould, Trevor Wells
1. The minutes of the meeting held on 28 Mar were agreed and signed.
2. Trees. Cuttings need disposal. 2 more have been identified which will need felling in the future.
3. A plane tree on E side of the field needs 2 limbs removed to save the tree. A horse chestnut was donated and has been planted near the stile on the E side.
4. Decoration of Club house - Bar area still to be done, after the cricket season.
5. Oiling of benches. DP has done for 2011, oil now with VH, J&AR next. Action VH
a. Soft surface tiles – small swing to be done Action VH & FH
b. Slide – All finished. More grass seed needed when it rains. Action RM/VH
c. The annual inspection had been done. Issues to be addressed are:
d. Train to be fixed down to prevent it migrating too close to hazards, eg the fence or swings.
e. Slide to be painted. It was agreed to ask Simon Biddlecombe Action RM VH to get paint Action VH
f. Painting of fence to be completed. It was agreed to ask Simon Biddlecombe Action RM
7. Moles. A new one had appeared. Action VH
8. The soil pile has dried out a bit. To be tackled on 17 Apr.
Football: Goal posts to be painted.
Cricket: First home match 14 May.
9. The cash float held by DP now stands as follows:
Balance at last meeting
6 Oct 2010
5 March 2011
Rent for field to PC
20 April 2011
1 March 2011
It was agreed that DP will retain enough of the takings from the Bonus Club collection to pay the £8, next year’s prizes and some petty cash.
10. Cheque number 419 was had been made out for £27.42 to DP for teak oil. Receipt handed to BG.
11. It was agreed that BG would continue to scan in bank statements and forward them when he cannot attend meetings. Action BG
12. BG to invoice CC for the season. Action BG
13. BG to invoice CC for £125 + £55 as their share of the cost of the mole catching. Action BG
14. BG to pay Bingo Takings into account. Action BG
15. Winners in April (last this round) were Trevor Paul & Vicki Winks and Derek & Liz Robinson.
16. We need to get the money for the next round by end April for the first draw in May.
17. VH & FH will be away.
18. Now that DNP is the fete treasurer, DP will need someone else to run the coconut shy. It was agreed that the RFMC duties (gates, car parking etc) should have priority. RM to ask Liam & Simon Biddlecombe. Action JB
19. No response yet re use of parking field. Action JB
20. The Barn Dance in the evening is probably off, due to lack of band/caller.
21. There will be a dog show. Letter and a copy of the insurance certificate provided.
22. Whist Drive arrangements were in place:
a. At the rec
b. On 20 May at 7.30, £2 per head
c. Publicity – parish mag, DP, Flyers RM, ask Caroline to push at ALG - VH
d. Cards – members to bring along - ALL
e. Score sheets & rules – DP
f. Raffle prizes needed – ALL + Parish mag DP
g. Hire 8 tables & 17 chairs – DP - booked
h. Cakes – ALL
i. Booze – DP
Health & Safety.
23. Another near miss had been seen when shot-putting/discus throwing. Agreed to lend the football flags and ask the thrower to mark out an area to be avoided.
24. Weekly safety inspection: VH did in Apr. Action: VH
25. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book all checked.
26. Report for Parish Magazine- Bonus Club;.
Check Monthly list of jobs
27. Gambling Act registration - done
Any Other Business :
28. The Parish Council may use the rec for the new village sign project. No objection was seen.
Date of next meeting Mon 9 May 7.30 at the Club House