Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held 20 April 2011

 

Present: Vicky Higgins, David Pattison, Rose Martin, Julian Back, Barry Gould, Trevor Wells

Apologies: Nil

1.    The minutes of the meeting held on 28 Mar were agreed and signed.

JOBS 

2.    Trees.  Cuttings need disposal.   2 more have been identified which will need felling in the future. 

3.    A plane tree on E side of the field needs 2 limbs removed to save the tree.  A horse chestnut was donated and has been planted near the stile on the E side.

4.    Decoration of Club house - Bar area still to be done, after the cricket season.                         

5.    Oiling of benches.  DP has done for 2011, oil now with VH, J&AR next.           Action VH

6.    Playground

a.    Soft surface tiles – small swing to be done                                                  Action VH & FH

b.    Slide –  All finished.  More grass seed needed when it rains.                  Action RM/VH

c.    The annual inspection had been done.  Issues to be addressed are:

d.    Train to be fixed down to prevent it migrating too close to hazards, eg the fence or swings.

e.    Slide to be painted.  It was agreed to ask Simon Biddlecombe                       Action RM VH to get paint                                                                                                                                 Action VH

f.     Painting of fence to be completed.  It was agreed to ask Simon Biddlecombe                                                                                                                                                                   Action RM

7.    Moles.  A new one had appeared.                                                                              Action VH

8.    The soil pile has dried out a bit.  To be tackled on 17 Apr.

Football: Goal posts to be painted.

Cricket: First home match 14 May.

Finance:

9.    The cash float held by DP now stands as follows:

Balance at last meeting

6 Oct 2010

£32

Bonus Club

5 March 2011

-£40

Rent for field to PC

20 April 2011

£1

Current Balance

1 March 2011

£-8

 

It was agreed that DP will retain enough of the takings from the Bonus Club collection to pay the £8, next year’s prizes and some petty cash.

10. Cheque number 419 was had been made out for £27.42 to DP for teak oil.  Receipt handed to BG.

11. It was agreed that BG would continue to scan in bank statements and forward them when he cannot attend meetings.                                                                                                                  Action BG

12. BG to invoice CC for the season.                                                                               Action BG

13. BG to invoice CC for £125 + £55 as their share of the cost of the mole catching.                                                                                                                                                                          Action BG

14. BG to pay Bingo Takings into account.                                                                     Action BG

Bonus Club

15. Winners in April (last this round) were Trevor Paul & Vicki Winks and Derek & Liz Robinson.

16. We need to get the money for the next round by end April for the first draw in May.

Fete

17. VH & FH will be away.

18. Now that DNP is the fete treasurer, DP will need someone else to run the coconut shy.  It was agreed that the RFMC duties (gates, car parking etc) should have priority.  RM to ask Liam & Simon Biddlecombe.                                                                                                                        Action JB

19. No response yet re use of parking field.                                                                    Action JB

20. The Barn Dance in the evening is probably off, due to lack of band/caller.

21. There will be a dog show.  Letter and a copy of the insurance certificate provided.

Whist Drive

22. Whist Drive arrangements were in place:

a.    At the rec

b.    On 20 May at 7.30, £2 per head

c.    Publicity – parish mag, DP, Flyers RM, ask Caroline to push at ALG - VH

d.    Cards – members to bring along - ALL

e.    Score sheets & rules – DP

f.     Raffle prizes needed – ALL + Parish mag DP

g.    Hire 8 tables & 17 chairs – DP - booked

h.    Cakes – ALL

i.      Booze – DP

Health & Safety.

23. Another near miss had been seen when shot-putting/discus throwing.  Agreed to lend the football flags and ask the thrower to mark out an area to be avoided.

Regular Items

24. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Apr.                                                               Action: VH

25. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book all checked.

26. Report for Parish Magazine- Bonus Club;.

  Action:DP

Check Monthly list of jobs

27. Gambling Act registration - done                                                                               

Any Other Business

28. The Parish Council may use the rec for the new village sign project.  No objection was seen.

 

Date of next meeting                  Mon 9 May                 7.30 at the Club House