Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held 13 June 2011

 

Present: Vicky Higgins, David Pattison, Rose Martin, Julian Back,

Apologies: Barry Gould, Trevor Wells

1.    The minutes of the meeting held on 9 May were agreed.

JOBS  

2.    Trees.  Cuttings have been burned.   2 more trees have been identified which will need felling in the future. 

3.    A plane tree on E side of the field needs 2 limbs removed to save the tree. 

4.    Decoration of Club house - Bar area still to be done, after the cricket season.                         

5.    Oiling of benches. DP, VH, & RM  have done for 2011, oil now with JB.Action JB & J&AR

6.    Playground

a.    Soft surface tiles – small swing to be done                                                  Action VH & FH

b.    VH will ask Matthew to keep the train in the same place.                                Action VH

c.    Simon Biddlecombe had painted the slide.  His list of jobs includes:

i.      Painting the swings and climbing frame                                                      

ii.    Painting the fence

iii.   Painting the goalposts

7.    Moles.  No activity.                                                                                                          

8.    The soil pile has dried out a bit.  Another trailer load had been spread.  The pitch looks almost OK now.

Football: Article had been sent off to Somerset Standard.

Cricket: Nil.

Bowls: Has restarted.  £9.50 in fees had been received.  It was agreed to give it to the CC to defray extra grass cutting costs.                                                                                                              Action VH

Finance:

9.    The cash float held by DP now stands as follows:

 

 

Paid/Rec’d

Balance

Balance at last meeting

1 March 2011

 

£681

Paid to Hall committee for hire of chairs/tables for whist

20 May 2011

-£5

 

Bonus Club June

7 June 2011

-£40

 

Balance

7 June 2011

 

£636

 

10. A cheque for £60 was received from V&FH as a donation. 

11. BG to invoice CC for the season.                                                                               Action BG

12. BG to invoice CC for £125 + £55 as their share of the cost of the mole catching.                                                                                                                                                                          Action BG

13. BG to pay Bingo Takings into account.                                                                     Action BG

Bonus Club

14. Winners in June were Vicky & Frank Higgins and Maureen Chubb.

Fete

15. The rota was handed out by JB.

16. Rubbish bags will be needed.

17. There is a new layout.

18. We can use VH’s trailer if necessary.

Whist Drive

19. A great success!  Several people had asked for it to become a regular event.  It was agreed:

a.    To do them on the third Fridays of Sept (16th) , Oct (21st) and Nov (18th).

b.    To buy 5 more green plastic chairs (post meeting note: they are now £10 each) and 4 small folding tables eg camping tables, to avoid hire charges and having to carry stuff from the hall.                                                                                                                              Action DP

c.    To provide tea, biscuits and drinks

Health & Safety.

20. Nil. 

Regular Items

21. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in May/June.                                                    Action: VH

22. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book all checked.

23. Report for Parish Magazine- Bonus Club, whist drives;.                                        Action:DP

24. Check Monthly list of jobs: nil

Any Other Business

25. Two bookings have been received:

a.    Graham 22 Aug for a LOMCA picnic.  It was agreed to ask for a donation.

b.    The Loten family for a wedding marquee 14 April 2012.  It was agreed to charge £25.

26. It was agreed that “Childsafe” is not longer required, since Youth Club ceased.

 

Date of next meeting                  Mon 11 July                 7.30 at the Club House