Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held 18 July 2011

 

Present: Vicky Higgins, David Pattison, Trevor Wells, Julian Back,

Apologies: Barry Gould, Rose Martin

1.    The minutes of the meeting held on 13 June were agreed.

JOBS 

2.    Decoration of Club house - Bar area still to be done, after the cricket season.                         

3.    Oiling of benches. DP, VH, & RM  have done for 2011, oil now with JB.Action JB & J&AR

4.    Playground

a.    Soft surface tiles – small swing to be done                                                  Action VH & FH

b.    Simon Biddlecombe had painted the slide.  Does he need more paint?? His list of jobs includes:

i.      Painting the swings and climbing frame                                                      

ii.    Painting the fence

iii.   Painting the goalposts

5.    Moles.  No activity seen.                                                                                                

6.    Soil pile.  The pitch looks almost OK now.  Agreed that  people could buy some, price to be worked out.

Football: Article had been sent off, but not printed. Try again                                    Action DP

Cricket: The Cricket Club has decided not to renew the TV licence. 

i.      CC to be asked when the licence expires and instructed to remove their TV by then.                                                                                                                                           Action TW

ii.    Youth Club TV to be removed.                                                                        Action DP

Bowls:  It had been agreed to give the £9.50 in fees to it to the CC to defray extra grass cutting costs, but the Bowls club had already paid them.  VH will keep the money to pay for petrol for the mower.  Current balance is £3.72.                                                                                                                  Action VH

Finance:

7.    The cash float held by DP now stands as follows:

 

 

Paid/Rec’d

Balance

Balance at last meeting

1 March 2011

 

£636

Bonus Club July

7 July 2011

-£40

 

Balance

7 June 2011

 

£596

 

8.    VH handed over the remaining money from the Youth Club (a cheque for £64.65) and the associated receipts etc.  DP to forward to the treasurer.                                                                   Action DP

9.    BG to invoice CC for last season.                                                                               Action BG

10. BG to invoice CC for £125 + £55 as their share of the cost of the mole catching.                                                                                                                                                                          Action BG

11. BG to pay Bingo and Whist Drive takings into account.                                         Action BG

12. Letter to BG to list all monies not paid in.                                                                  Action DP

Bonus Club

13. Winners in June were Matt of Flat 1 and the WI.

Fete

14.  Expecting a cheque for £400.

15. Feedback.

a.    Some gate attendants were not aware of the charging policy.  It was agreed to make laminated A5 instruction sheets next year, to go in each cash float.

b.    Setting up needed more effort, and a list of tasks.

c.    Field suffered damage inside the gates.  It would be better if level with car park, agreed to level it in September.                                                                                                           Action VH

Whist Drive

ROTA

16 Sept

21 Oct

18 Nov

VH

DP

JB

DP

JB

TW

TW

RM

RM

 

16. It was agreed:

a.     to modify the card on the tables to say where people have to move to next, special one for “Last Table”, not to move on before everyone has finished.                                      Action DP

b.    to do posters and leaflets (leaflets to go out once only) again, including asking for raffle prizes.                                                                                                                                     Action RM

c.    to buy 5 more green plastic chairs when the sales start and 4 small folding tables if affordable, eg camping tables, to avoid hire charges and having to carry stuff from the hall.                    Action DP

d.    to provide tea, biscuits and drinks                                                                        Action VH

e.    to give one £10 prize to be divided if a tie.

f.     to run a  bar again, with bottles of real ale.                                                         Action DP

Health & Safety.

17. Nil.  No safety issues were identified on fete day.  The fete committee had done risk assessments.

Regular Items

18. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in June/July.                                                    Action: VH

19. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book all checked.

20. Report for Parish Magazine- Bonus Club, whist drives;.                                        Action:DP

21. Check Monthly list of jobs: nil

Any Other Business

22.  The village sign project had asked for the use of the rec.  It was agreed:

a.    the dates & times requested were OK (14, 21 & 28 Sept, 2 to 4pm ) .

b.    DP or FH to open up/ lock up.

c.    RM to have a key.

d.    to request a donation rather than charge a fee, but on condition that the building was left in a clean condition (otherwise a charge will be levied).  The carpet to be protected if carving is done inside building.                                                                                                        Action RM

23. Two bookings have been received:

a.    LOMCA picnic now 14 Aug and the Loten wedding on 14 Apr 2012 (tbc).                                                                                                                                                                    Action DP

 

Date of next meeting                  Mon 5 Sept                 7.30 at the Club House