Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held 5 Sept 2011

 

Present: Vicky Higgins, David Pattison, Trevor Wells, Julian Back, Rose Martin

Apologies: Barry Gould

 

1.    The minutes of the meeting held on 18 July were agreed.

JOBS 

2.    Decoration of Club house - Bar area still to be done.  Working parties agreed for 1030 on 18Sept  and 2 Oct.                                                                                                                                      Action ALL

3.    Oiling of benches. All done for 2011, except JB.                                                     Action JB

4.    Playground

a.        Soft surface tiles – small swing to be done                                               Action VH & FH

b.    Painting.  List of jobs includes

i.      Painting the swings and climbing frame                                                      

ii.    Painting the fence

iii.   Painting the goalposts

RM to check with Simon Biddlecombe whether he wishes to continue.  If not, we will do it.                                                                                                                                     Action RM

5.    Moles.  3 hills seen this week.  VH to call in the mole man.                                  Action VH

6.    Soil pile. 

7.    VH to ask Rick Massey to move the debris pile.                                                       Action VH

Football: Article had been sent off, but not printed. Try again                                    Action DP

Cricket: The Cricket Club had not removed their TV.  TW to remind them to remove it from the premises as soon as possible.  The youth club TV is a Hannspree T23B, which has a 32 inch screen, HDMI and is HD Ready.  We have the stand and a wall bracket.                                                      Action TW

Bowls:  The last match is on 6 Sept.  Vicky has an outstanding balance of £15.22, which is to be added to DP’s cash float.                                                                                                                Action VH

Finance:

8.    The cash float held by DP now stands as follows:

 

Date paid/rec’d

Paid/Rec’d

Balance

Balance at last meeting

7 July 2011

 

£596

Bonus Club Aug

7 Aug  2011

-£40

£556.

Hire of field by ALC

5 Sept 2011

£15

£571

Hire of field by Bowls Club (net of petrol costs)

5 Sept 2011

£15.22

£586.22

Balance

6 Sept  2011

 

£586.22

 

9.    BG to invoice CC for last season.                                                                               Action BG

10. BG to invoice CC for £125 + £55 as their share of the cost of the mole catching.     Action BG

11. BG to pay Bingo and Whist Drive takings into account.                                         Action BG

12. Letter to BG to list all monies not paid in.                                                                  Action DP

13. DP had paid the insurance quote - £813.29 on cheque no 421.

14. DP had bought card tables and chairs – cheque no. 422 for £115 made out to DP.

Bonus Club

15. Winners were

a.    August:  Brian & Margaret Loten and Neville & Hazel Park

b.    September:  Alastair & Diane Barlow and June Brewster

Fete

16.  A cheque for £400 had been sent to BG.

17. Field suffered damage inside the gates.  It would be better if level with car park, agreed to level it in September.  Action VH

Whist Drive

ROTA

16 Sept

21 Oct

18 Nov

VH

DP

JB

DP

JB

TW

TW

RM

RM

 

18. Raffle prizes required.

19. Set up 6.30, start 7.30.

Health & Safety.

20. Nil. 

Regular Items

21. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Aug.                                                              Action: VH

22. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book all checked.

23. Report for Parish Magazine- Bonus Club, Whist Drives, Bingo;.                         Action:DP

24. Check Monthly list of jobs: hedge cutting

Any Other Business

25.  It was agreed to run  Christmas Bingo on 10 Dec. 

a.    DP to book hall.                                                                                                     Action: DP

b.    Cricket club to be asked to participate                                                               Action: TW

26. SB had been asked not to practice shot putting when the ground is soft, as it leaves holes which are dangerous for others.

27. The village sign project had asked for the use of the rec. 

a.    WI to use it 14, 21 & 28 Sept, 2 to 4pm

b.    Youth group 19,26 Sept 6 to 8pm

c.    RM has a key.

d.    Fee same as the hall (weekdays, £5 per hour up to 6pm, £6 per hour after 6pm), but on condition that the building was left in a clean condition (otherwise a charge will be levied).  The carpet to be protected if carving is done inside building.                              Action RM

28. A letter had been received from some youngster in the village requesting a range of new facilities at the rec.  It was agreed to buy new football nets, to ask if they could find assistance towards tarmacing the entrance, to point out the great expense and difficulty of a path round the whole rec, and to invite them to the next meeting.                                                                                             Action: VH

 

Date of next meeting                  Mon 3 Oct                 7.30 at the Club House