Leigh on Median Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held 9th January 2012

 

Present: Vicky Higgings,  Julian Back, Rose Martin, David Pattison

Apologies: Barry Gould, David Pattison,

1.    The minutes of the meeting held on 14 November were agreed and signed.

SKATE PARK PROJECT

2.    The money raised from the bike ride had been passed to the treasurer.

3.    The Christmas Disco was also a success.  The money is still with the kids, who ran it.

4.    The plan from Proludic had been passed to Jan Robson who had agreed to apply for planning permission, via the Parish Council (whose chairman had informally agreed to do it).

5.    It was agreed to run the Race Night in support of the skate park.

a.    Date: 3 March DP to book hall

b.    (Post meeting note:  Time: Doors open 7, first race 7.30)

c.    DVD (Post meeting note: JB has identified a DVD with 8 races + 3 bonus races, 8 horses per race).  RM to ask Simon Coe to sponsor.

d.    Selling Race sponsorship at £20 min:  DP to draft a letter to local businesses: LJH, Barnes Coachworks, Nick House, The Bell, Alasdair, Tom Kemp, Paul Knowles, Malcolm, Rick Massey, Phil Streather, John Davis, Dave Turner.  They name the race.  RM to deliver.

e.    Selling Horses:  All to sell at £5.  Can us Bonus Club Lists.  They name the horse & win half the takings ie £20 if all horses sold. 

f.     No entry fee.

g.    Raffle – need prizes - ALL

h.    Sound system/projector – JB

i.      Screen – VH to ask Graham

j.      Publicity – website, Parish Mag, - DP.   Posters  - Brenda

k.    On the night

(1)  MC – Frank

(2)  Projector – JB

(3)  Bar – VH?

(4)  Four ticket sellers – kids

(5)  Tote – DP

(6)  Raffle - RM

l.      Booze – DP

JOBS 

6.    Decoration of Club house - Completed just need to put things back, but some CC stuff out of date.                                                                                                                                          Action ALL

 

7.    Playground

a.    Tiles around small swing to be done.  Sealant has been bought.        Action VH & FH

b.    Painting.  VH has bought red paint.  List of jobs includes

i.      Painting the swings and climbing frame                                                      

ii.    Painting the fence

iii.   Painting the goalposts.  One done.  One net fitted.

RM to check with Simon Biddlecombe whether he wishes to continue.  If not, we will do it.                                                                                                                                     Action RM

8.    Soil pile.  This will be needed when we tidy the new area.

9.    Debris pile is gone.  Thanks to Frank and Dags.

Football

10. Ross from Bellfield has shown an interest in starting a village team advert to go in village mag                                                                                                                                          Action VH

Cricket: Nil

Finance:

11. The cash float held by DP now stands as follows:

 

Date paid/rec’d

Paid/Rec’d £

Balance £

Balance at 3 Oct

 

 

583.74

Bonus Club

03/10/2011

-40.00

543.74

Whist Drive (net)

21/10/2011

4.20 

547.94

Bonus Club

12/11/2011

-40.00

507.94

Payment for TV

03/12/2011

50.00 

557.94

Bonus Club

05/12/2011

-40.00

517.94

Whist

05/12/2011

65.00 

582.94

Transferred to bank account via BG

09/01/2011

-300.00

282.94

Bonus Club

09/01/2011

-40.00

242.94

 

12. The youth club TV had been sold to Vin for £50, see above.                                Action R M

 

13. The following items were unaccounted for:

a.    Bingo takings: £243.

b.    CC dues 2010: £150

c.    CC contribution to mole catching: £125 + £55

d.    CC dues for 2011: £150

e.    CC contribution to Insurance 2011 (and possibly 2010?

f.     Fair takings:  £

14. Bingo DP to pay hall.

Bonus Club

15. Winners in December were Brian at the Bell and Brenda Wigmore

16. Winners in January were Matt & Cathy Bennett and Graham & Yvonne Hughes.

 

Whist Drive

ROTA

20 Jan

17 Feb

16 Mar

VH

JB

VH

TW

TW

DP

RM

RM

JB

 

17. Raffle prizes required.

18. Tea/coffee/bics - RM

19. Set up 6.45 start 7.30.

20. Posters – RM/Becca

Health & Safety.

21. One item in accident book – a minor cut during the stone carving.  No further action.

Regular Items

22. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Nov/Dec.                                                      Action: VH

23. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book all checked.

24. Report for Parish Magazine- Bonus Club, Whist Drives, Race Night, Skateboard Park, Bingo success.                                                                                                                          Action VH

25. Check Monthly list of jobs: hedge cutting                                                                  Action: JB

Any Other Business

 

Date of next meeting                  Mon. 6th Feb.               7.30 at the rec