Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held 12 March 2012

 

Present: Vicky Higgins, David Pattison, Trevor Wells

Apologies: Barry Gould, Julian Back, Rose Martin,

1.    The minutes of the meeting held on 9 January were agreed and signed.

SKATE PARK PROJECT

2.    Jan Robson had completed the planning application and the Parish Council had agreed to submit it on our behalf.

3.    All except one of the houses backing on to the car park had been consulted and no objections had been raised.  VH to speak to Mandy and consult last house (Hedge End)         Action VH

4.    The Race Night had made a profit of £604 and a further £120 was identified at the meeting, making £724 in total.  The evening was a real success, including the involvement of the youngsters.

5.    It was agreed that we need to prepare for applications for grants, eg to the Ralph & Irma Sperring charity and Awards for All.

a.    DP to draft a project plan, including                                                                     Action DP

i.      Aim

ii.    Background

iii.   Funding

iv.   Safety

v.    Maintenance

b.    DP to investigate basketball hoop and availability of sleeve                           Action DP

c.    VH to investigate other providers to get compeition                                          Action VH

JOBS 

6.    Playground

a.    Tiles around small swing to be done.  Sealant has been bought. It was agreed to ho,d a working party at 10am on 25 March                                                                                     Action ALL

b.    Painting.  VH has bought red paint.  List of jobs includes

i.      Painting the swings and climbing frame                                                      

ii.    Painting the fence

iii.   Painting the goalposts.  One done.  One net fitted.

iv.   RM to check with Simon Biddlecombe whether he wishes to continue.  If not, we will do it.                                                                                                                        Action ALL

7.    Hedge cutting had been done

8.    Football - Nil

9.    Cricket: Nil

10. Moles:  It was agreed to invite the Cricket club to deal with mole in the summer and leave RFMC to do it in the winter as necessary.                                                                                  Action TW

Finance:

11. The cash float held by DP now stands as follows:

 

Date paid/rec’d

Paid/Rec’d £

Balance £

Balance at

09/01/2012

 

242.94

Hire of hall for Bingo

10/01/2012

-36.00

206.94

Bonus Club

18/01/2012

-40.00

166.94

Bonus Club

6/03/2012

-40.00

126.94

RaceNight (as float)

6/03/2012

+31.52

158.46

 

12. A cheque for £19.81 had been received from Easy Fund Raising, meant for CAP.  It was agreed to bank it and forward a cheque to GH.  DP to find out appropriate payee.                        Action DP

13. A cheque for boat storage was received from VH                                                    Action DP

14. The small lottery licence had been paid for (cheque for £20) and received.

15. The following items were unaccounted for:

a.    Bingo takings: £243.

b.    CC dues 2010: £150

c.    CC contribution to mole catching: £125 + £55

d.    CC dues for 2011: £150

e.    CC contribution to Insurance 2011 (and possibly 2010?

f.     Fair takings:  £

Bonus Club

16. Winners in Feb were Wendy & Des Worley and Simon Thomas.

17. Winners in March were the Short Mat Bowls Club and Drew and Rosinne Houston.

18. April is last draw.  Next year:

a.    J&A are leaving.  VH agreed to check results monthly and issue notes to DP.

b.    It was agreed to share out their ticket allocation                                                Action DP

c.    It was agreed to add addresses to the lists

d.    It was agreed to sell tickets by 1 May for the next year’s draws.                      Action All


Whist Drive

ROTA

16 Mar

20 Apr

18 May

15 Jun

VH

VH

RM

RM

 

TW

JB

JB

JB

DP

DP

TW

 

19. Raffle prizes required.                                                                                                  Action: All

20. Set up 6.45 start 7.30.

21. Booze to be replenished                                                                                              Action: DP

22. Float to VH                                                                                                                      Action: DP

Health & Safety.

23. No new items in accident book.

Regular Items

24. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Jan/Feb.                                                       Action: VH

25. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book all checked.

26. Report for Parish Magazine- Bonus Club, Whist Drive dates, Race Night (incl names of sponsors), Skateboard Park, AGM.                                                                                                Action DP

27. Check Monthly list of jobs:

Any Other Business

Date of next meeting   Mon. 16 April at the rec

AGM - 7.30

Committee meeting 8.00