Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held 9 May 2012

 

Present: Vicky Higgins, David Pattison, Trevor Wells, Julian Back

Apologies: Barry Gould

1.    The minutes of the meeting held on 12 Mar and 16 Apr were agreed and signed.

SKATE PARK PROJECT

2.    Jan Robson had submitted the planning application and had already responded to one query.

3.    No progress on applications for grants, eg to the Ralph & Irma Sperring charity and Awards for All.

a.    DP to draft a project plan, including                                                                     Action DP

i.      Aim

ii.    Background

iii.   Funding

iv.   Safety

v.    Maintenance

b.    Basketball hoop.  The company which made them had gone out of business.  However, DP has enough information to make a new sleeve.  Two individuals in the village were suggested as possible makers, to be approached.                                                                     Action DP

c.    Ramps.  VH is investigating other providers – one has already said they are interested                                                                                                                                Action VH

JOBS 

4.    Working party on 25 March was not well attended.  New one agreed for Sun 13 May at 1030.                                                                                                                                            Action ALL

5.    Playground

a.    Tiles around small swing to be done.  Sealant has been bought.                  Action ALL

b.    Painting.  VH has bought red paint.  List of jobs includes

i.      Painting the swings and climbing frame – DONE by VH/RM                   

ii.    Painting the fence

iii.   Painting the goalposts.  One done.  One net fitted.

6.    Wicksteed report.  The report was reviewed.  Some items had already be completed by VH & FH.  One more item to be done : replace signs by playground.                                              Action DP Report passed to secretary.

7.    Car park to be weeded.

8.    Toilet Roof . 

a.    JB to get a quote to renew the waterproof layer, and timber decking and barge boards.                                                                                                                                Action: JB

b.    TW to get more recommendations                                                                        Action: TW

9.    Football - Nil

10. Cricket: First match at Leigh is Sat 12th May.

11. Moles:  Cricket club had agreed to deal with moles in the summer and leave RFMC to do it in the winter as necessary.                                                                                                    

Finance:

12. The cash float held by DP now stands as follows:

 

Date paid/rec’d

Paid/Rec’d £

Balance £

Balance at

6/03/12

 

158.46

Race Night late payments

13/3/12

+120.00

278.46

Float (to VH)

10/3/12

-61.52

216.94

Bonus Club

20/4/12

-40.00

176.94

Bonus Club

7/5/12

-40.00

136.94

Whist (net of expenses)

10/5/12

+98.00

234.94

 

13. The net proceeds of the whist drives was passed to DP (see above).

14. Cheque for £19.81 had received from Easy Fund Raising.  DP to find out appropriate payee.                                                                                                                                            Action DP

15. The following items were unaccounted for:

a.    Bingo takings: £243.

b.    CC dues 2010: £150

c.    CC contribution to mole catching: £125 + £55

d.    CC dues for 2011: £150

e.    CC contribution to Insurance 2011 (and possibly 2010?

f.     Fair takings:  £

Bonus Club

16. Winners in May were Tony Gould  and Jane Llewellyn & Ben Cabot.

17. Nearly all tickets had been sold for 2012/13.  Two new buyers required.    Action DP/JB

Whist Drive

ROTA

18 May

15 June

20 July

17 August

RM

RM

DP

 

JB

JB

JB

 

DP

TW

TW

 

 

18. Raffle prizes required.                                                                                                  Action: All

19. Set up 6.45 start 7.30.

20. Booze to be replenished  (cans lemonade only).                                                    Action: DP

21. Float now with DP.                                                                                                        Action: DP

Health & Safety.

22. No new items in accident book.

Regular Items

23. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in March & April.                                             Action: VH

24. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book all checked.

25. Report for Parish Magazine- Bonus Club, Whist Drive dates, Car Park.             Action DP

26. Check Monthly list of jobs:

a.    Benches  Oiling list to be issued.  May paint one in playground.                   Action: DP

Any Other Business

27. Fete

a.    Hole in grass by fence gate to be filled -                                   Action: WP on 13 Aug

b.    JB to have JR’s keys                                                                                               Action: DP

c.    JB to issue rota.                                                                                                        Action: JB

d.    Will use hall as back up for barn dance.

28. Use of Car Park at Night.  Some cars had been observed driving aggressively and parking in the car park at dusk/night, eg there were 2 at 1920 on 9 May.  It was agreed to

a.    Buy a padlock and lock the barrier up each night                                      Action: DP/TW

b.    Barrier needs reflective tape/bollard(s).

c.    Put an article in the parish mag warning neighbours                                       Action: DP

d.    Inform the PCSO                                                                                                     Action: DP

Date of next meeting   Wed 20 June at the rec at 7.30