Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held 9 July 2012

 

Present: Vicky Higgins, David Pattison, Trevor Wells, Alan Dagger

Apologies: Barry Gould, Julian Back

1.    AD signed the register of members and the declaration for new members.

2.    The minutes of the meeting held on 20 June were agreed and signed.

SKATE PARK PROJECT

3.    Awaiting approval of the planning application.   

4.    No progress on applications for grants, eg to the Ralph & Irma Sperring charity and Awards for All.

5.    DP had drafted a project plan, which was discussed and it was agreed how each element of the work would be done.  DP to update the plan, and start the application form.                          Action DP

     All to comment on plan.                                                                                                 Action All

6.    Ramps.  Another provider is visiting the site on 17 July at 1130.  DP to bring drawings.         Action VH/DP

JOBS 

7.    Excellent turnout at working party on 8 July.  The fence painting was completed.  

8.    Playground

a.    Tiles around small swing to be done.  Sealant has been bought.                  Action ALL

b.    Painting.  Both goalposts now done.  One net has been cut!.

9.    Toilet Roof . 

a.    JB had got a quote to renew the waterproof layer, and barge boards.

b.    VH to get a quote from Terry Hamblin                                                                  Action: VH

10. Benches  Most done.  Oil with JB, then J&AR.                                                       Action: JB

11. Football 

a.    4 teams are now interested.   A Frome club will play every Saturday.  The Griffin and Packhorse will alternate on Sundays, at £40 per game. 

b.    VH had investigated white lining – cost is £40, & £80 for the first time,  FH had volunteered to do it.  It was agreed to charge £10 per game extra for lining out.                          Action VH

12. Cricket:

a.    Grass cutting by the contractor had restarted.

b.    The CC had bought a new gang mower. 

13. Moles:  Mr Barron had been but no bill yet..                                                            

Finance:

14.  Cheque book still not returned from auditor. 

15. The cash float held by DP now stands as follows:

 

Date paid/rec’d

Paid/Rec’d £

Balance £

Balance from last month

 

 

234.94

Whist

9/7/12

+50.00

284.94

Paint for fence

10/6/12

-31.85

253.09

Bonus Club receipts

10/6/12

+400.00

653.09

 

16. Cheque for £19.81 had received from Easy Fund Raising.  DP to find out appropriate payee.                                                                                                                                            Action DP

17. Bonus Club receipts of £980 had been received.  £400 to DP cash as shown above.  Remainder (£580) to be banked.                                                                                                     Action DP

18. The following items were unaccounted for:

a.    Bingo takings: £243.

b.    CC dues 2010: £150

c.    CC contribution to mole catching: £125 + £55

d.    CC dues for 2011: £150

e.    CC contribution to Insurance 2011 (and possibly 2010?

f.     Fair takings:  £

Bonus Club

19. Winners in July were the WI and Matt from the flats.  £20 passed to VH to pay Matt.

Whist Drive

20. The events for July and Aug had been called off due to dwindling numbers.

ROTA

21 Sept

19 Oct

16 Nov

 

DP

DP

 

 

VH

TW

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

21. Raffle prizes required.                                                                                                  Action: All

22. Set up 6.45 start 7.30.

23. Booze to be replenished.                                                                                             Action: DP

24. Float now with DP.                                                                                                       

Health & Safety.

25. No new items in accident book.

Regular Items

26. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in June.                                                            Action: VH

27. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book all checked.

28. Report for Parish Magazine- Bonus Club, Whist Drive dates (call for raffle prizes), Skateboard progress, fence.                                                                                                             Action DP

29. Check Monthly list of jobs:

Any Other Business

30. Use of Car Park at Night.  TW no longer locking the bollard at night.  Will restart if the problem recurs.                                                                                                                              Action: TW

Date of next meeting   Wed 19 Sept at the rec at 7.30