Leigh on Mendip Recreation Field Management Committee

Minutes of meeting held 17 Oct 2012

 

Present: Vicky Higgins, David Pattison, Alan Dagger, Julian Back

Apologies: Trevor Wells, Barry Gould

1.    The minutes of the meeting held on 24 Sept were agreed and signed.

SKATE PARK PROJECT

2.    The skate park project is on hold pending a decision on an alternative proposal which is being investigated.

3.    The Awards for All grant applications was almost complete, but a few items were still needed.   This award is limited to £10k, which is not enough, even with the Parish Council contribution and £2k from our own funds.   On Hold                                                                                    Action DP

4.    A Ralph & Irma Sperring grant could cover the gap, but the application had not been started. On Hold

5.    The project plan, was almost complete.  On hold                                                     Action DP

JOBS 

6.    Working party on Sat 20 Oct to clear undergrowth.                                                Action ALL

7.    Playground

a.    Tiles around small swing to be done.  Sealant has been bought.                  Action ALL

8.    Toilet Roof .  Builders had stated that the roof was fine, it just needs new barge boards.  It was agreed we could do that ourselves, after cutting the hedge

9.    Football 

a.    3 teams are still playing regularly, most Saturdays (20 games + cup matches) and every other Sunday. 

b.    The new white liner had been purchased. 

10. Grass Cutting:

a.    The Parish Council had indicated that they are willing to take over the finding of the grass cutting, but they need a firm commitment as to what is required.   The plan is to allow the CC to mow the outfield, and get the PC to pay for cutting in March/April (weekly) and Sept – Nov (2 weekly).  We could cut the area outside the boundary with the ride on in the cricket season.  It was agreed that DP should write a letter to the CC seeking written confirmation by 12 Nov.                         Action DP

b.    VH to find out who to write to                                                                                 Action VH

c.    Consult SPFA                                                                                                          Action DP

11. Moles:  We have now bought our own traps and they are working.                   

Finance:

12.  Cheque book with VH. 

13. The cash float held by DP now stands as follows:

 

Date paid/rec’d

Paid/Rec’d £

Balance £

Balance from Sept

 

 

573.09

Bonus Club

24/9/12

-20.00

553.09

VH account incl Bonus Club

24/9/12

-12.93

540.16

DP bills

10/10/12

-97.33

442.83

Clubhouse hire

17/10/12

+30.00

472.83

Bonus Club

17/10/12

-40.00

432.83

 

14.  £30 received from Mr & Mrs Bennett for hire of clubhouse passed to DP for petty cash

15. Cheque no 431 was written for £346.80 to VH to pay for the white liner.

16. DP to check that Barry has the new cheque book.

17. The following items were still unaccounted for:

a.    Bingo takings: £243.

b.    CC dues 2010: £150

c.    CC contribution to mole catching: £125 + £55

d.    CC dues for 2011: £150

e.    CC contribution to Insurance 2011 (and possibly 2010?

f.     Fair takings:  £

Insurance

18. The annual basic insurance via SPFA  had been paid for, which includes third party liability risks.

19. The list of items required for full coverage and rebuilding cost estimate needed for the extended cover had been sent off.  DP to chase.                                                                      Action DP

Bonus Club

20. Winners were

a.     October – Peter & Mavis Knowles and Ken & Tina Johnson

Whist /CribDrive

21. The first crib night was a success.

 

ROTA

Whist

Crib

Whist

19 Oct

2 Nov

16 Nov

DP

?

TW

TW

?

JB

 

22. Raffle prizes required.                                                                                                  Action: All

23. Set up 7.00 start 7.30.

24. Booze to be replenished (cider & cans of bitter)                                                      Action: DP

Christmas Bingo

25. Cricket Club are not interested.  We will do it on our own. 

a.    Hall booked for 8 December.  (Post meeting note If anyone remembers what time we started last time please let us all know – I think we had 2 times – doors open and eyes down.  The hall was booked from 7pm)

b.    Get books of cards                                                                                                   Action: VH

c.    Caller – ask FH                                                                                                        Action: VH

d.    Check the balls are all there                                                                                  Action: AD

e.    Bar                                                                                                                              Action: DP

f.     Advertising 

i.      Frome papers, Parish Mag                                                                               Action: DP

ii.    Poster                                                                                                                   Action: JB

g.    Prizes

i.      .Turkey voucher, Hamper                                                                                 Action: VH

ii.    Other                                                                                                                    Action: All

h.    Tea Coffee                                                                                                                Action: VH

i.      Mulled Wine                                                                                                             Action: JB

j.      Mince Pies                                                                                                                Action: All

k.    Beer                                                                                                                            Action: DP

Fair

26. JB attende the first 2013 fair meeting , but no more.  Next meeting January.

Health & Safety.

27. No new items in accident book.

28. Gas heater check/maintenance was done on Wed 26 Sept.

Regular Items

29. Weekly safety inspection:    VH did in Sept.                                                             Action: VH

30. Emergency lighting, smoke alarms, CO detector and accident book all checked.

31. Report for Parish Magazine- Bonus Club, Whist Drive dates, Bingo (call for prizes) . ask for a fridge.                                                                                                                                          Action DP

32. Check Monthly list of jobs:

Any Other Business

33. Apparently Gloria has a Health & Wellbeing fund – AD to start a bid.                 Action: AD

Date of next meeting   Mon 12 Nov at the rec at 7.30